Your genuine thoughts on lifting the title?

ready1873

22 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Had a discussion with a few fellow bears at work on Friday and only myself said we will win the league. What is the view of RM?

We have brought in guys who do not accept failure and are shrewd operators. With the football we played last season, the added steel and experience (which were the lacking elements v HIVs), the new drive for Foderingham, lessons learnt and the feverish support, we WILL win this league.

And of course, Kenny Miller!

22 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Had a discussion with a few fellow bears at work on Friday and only myself said we will win the league. What is the view of RM?

We have brought in guys who do not accept failure and are shrewd operators. With the football we played last season, the added steel and experience (which were the lacking elements v HIVs), the new drive for Foderingham, lessons learnt and the feverish support, we WILL win this league.

And of course, Kenny Miller!

Ide be surprised if we can do it this season 

Big test for the  players but a bigger one for the gaffer. As I dobut he will get away with the same cavalier style of p!ay.

A couple of great signings Di dar but definitely need to shore up the defence .

I'm sure  Wes will have a lot more to do  this season be interesting to see how he fairs.

Should be an exciting and enjoyable season regardless 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Bestie said:

Ide be surprised if we can do it this season 

Big test for the  players but a bigger one for the gaffer. As I dobut he will get away with the same cavalier style of p!ay.

A couple of great signings Di dar but definitely need to shore up the defence .

I'm sure  Wes will have a lot more to do  this season be interesting to see how he fairs.

Should be an exciting and enjoyable season regardless 

I think the state of play will actually do us well this year! The championship was just teams with every man behind the ball, even in the games against hibs they just hit us on the counter. We dominated the ball in every game we played and now I think we're playing supposed better teams they'll have a go so the games will be more open, which suits us 

Well I think we can win it and here is why.

Everyone thinks Bredan is the best, but I'm not so sure, he won nothing after spending nearly £300 million with Liverpool. Although they came close, they didn't win. He's probably the best manager they've had since Wim Jansen in terms of knowing what he's doing, but they had to pay a lot to persuade him here. That means they have very little money to buy top quality players and he's stuck with the same overpaid team Delia had. They should be hard to shift, so I don't think they're as well off as the Irish immigrant press in Scotland would like you believe. Or indeed as they'd like to believe.

I'm not worries about the sheep as they couldn't beat them over a 4 year period when we were kicked out and they had one of the worse championship winning teams in a long time. The sheep are best stocking up on lubrication for the season ahead.

hertz have done great last season, but they've been well backed by Budge and their ST's sales, so they have a feel good factor going ahead. They still aren't good enough though as they still can't equal us in their ST's and resources from Budge, so the feel good factor will dissipate over time. I think they well take 3pts from us, especially at Tynecastle, but it will just not be good enough and what they can do to us there, they can do to our main competitors.

I'm reasonably pleased that we've brought in a bit of experience for the campaign ahead as too much youth was maybe a very slight down fall for us in some games. We've got rid of the dead wood and brought in some new furniture to furnish our ambitions of winning. Still others might come, as well as a few loanee's because MW likes them and they did some good for us last season.

I'm feeling positive and if we could win our first 4 matches, that would be great, but even if we lost a few points in the period, I'd still remain confident.

If we can get a quality striker and CB either on a years loan or a couple of bargain signings then I can see Rangers winning the league.

Buck Rodgers over at that other lot obviously does not have any mighty war chest no matter what the mHedia might have you believe. Can he wheel and deal in the transfer market after spending a quarter of a billion at his last club and winning nothing?

At the minute that lot probably have a bigger all round squad but as soon as the inevitable champions league pumping comes they will have to clear the decks and cut the wage bill.

My biggest worry about next season is that every game we play is going to be a cup final for the other spl trash and no doubts in my mind most of them right now will not want Rangers to win the league, don't be surprised if you see that other mob hit a few 6,7 or 8 nil wins next season against the likes of Aberdeen and one or two others as we've seen over the years.

2 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

If we can get a quality striker and CB either on a years loan or a couple of bargain signings then I can see Rangers winning the league.

Buck Rodgers over at that other lot obviously does not have any mighty war chest no matter what the mHedia might have you believe. Can he wheel and deal in the transfer market after spending a quarter of a billion at his last club and winning nothing?

At the minute that lot probably have a bigger all round squad but as soon as the inevitable champions league pumping comes they will have to clear the decks and cut the wage bill.

My biggest worry about next season is that every game we play is going to be a cup final for the other spl trash and no doubts in my mind most of them right now will not want Rangers to win the league, don't be surprised if you see that other mob hit a few 6,7 or 8 nil wins next season against the likes of Aberdeen and one or two others as we've seen over the years.

It aint Man city, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea he will be coming up against. I don't rate him as a manager, but I do expect he will bring in some decent players. They key will be defence, and we are rank with our two well publicised duds.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If it's Kiernan ans Wilson in centraL defence then we will be lucky to finish second and the keeper doesn't inspire me with confidence either. 

Wilson will do ok IF we have a ball winning C/H beside him that takes no prisoners and ckears his lines.

We have the best midfield in the country, that is why we will win the league. 1 more quality centre back (Mariappa, hopefully) and a genuine number 9 and no team will be able to compete with us.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum are going to sign Demeble, we have no choice now going by some of the comments on here!

They have two strikers who can score 50 odd goals between them.

We have Waghorn and Miller, it's clear we require a striker to help with the burden if we are to win 55. Not to would be shooting ourselves in the foot big time.

It will be hard with the players signed so far we still badly need a striker and decent defensive options.

Hearts went up last year ten points better off and a squad who battled till the seasons end they then signed better players and did nothing of note at all in the League.

We have to be much better this season and Warburton and his team have to keep the team motivated for the full season, also our away record which is piss poor has to improve.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

They have two strikers who can score 50 odd goals between them.

We have Waghorn and Miller, it's clear we require a striker to help with the burden if we are to win 55. Not to would be shooting ourselves in the foot big time.

Talk of them getting dembele for 500k as he was going out of contract. Be interested to know what level of wages he's on.

Really opens up the market, especially for strikers, if there's a transfer / development budget available.

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Talk of them getting dembele for 500k as he was going out of contract. Be interested to know what level of wages he's on.

Really opens up the market, especially for strikers, if there's a transfer / development budget available.

Have they actually signed him? He has his pick of clubs in England ....