Dave King Response #8 - Ally McCoist

Ace

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing new, he's came out with this shite before but it also flies in the face of what I got told (came from a director) that they tried 3 times to get McCoist in to negotiate a deal but refused every time ... before getting another job offer and it being in his interests to deal. This is 100% genuine and the truth. McCoist is a spiv and if there's a degree of truth in that leaked Charlotte email that's floating about somewhere in the Boardroom section he should never be made welcome to Ibrox again.

If Ally and his family want to come back he can buy a ticket like the rest of us.

Dave obviously never watched Allys Rangers as I am sure we would still be in the Championship if he had still been in charge.

As for McCoist being selfless, selfish would be more appropriate. He always looked after his pocket before he looked after Rangers. Penny shares anyone?

This will make for a few interesting responses here.

For me I am able separate Ally McCoist the star striker & all round good person who helped to hold this club together in its darkest of times from Ally McCoist, the inept manager who should have done much better that he did with the resources at his disposal.

For the former, he deserves our utmost respect and thanks, for the latter he ultimately deserved the sack. IMO the former outweighs the latter and he is always welcomed back, as should any former manager of our great club.

That's good to know about Ally, yeah he was a poor manager and he was rightfully slated for it considering the resources he had.

But the turmoil of the clubs position at the time didn't help. I still like Ally as a footballer but as a Manager it's a no from me. I'm grateful for him taking over Rangers when like Lee Wallace he could've gone elsewhere and that under him we gained promotion to the championship, but he just didn't have the managerial talent and the players didn't have the talent to take us the full way.

Which may of been a blessing in disguise all things considering. Allys quite right to stay away from the club since it's still in the aftershocks of those years, maybe 5 or 7 years down the line when the clubs in a even better place and that 4 year spell is long behind us, maybe then he'll come back. He knows what people are saying about him, hell even his boys got forced off of twitter due to comments. and because of that he's staying away from the club, so it shows that he does have the Clubs and supporters interest in his mind. 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing new, he's came out with this shite before but it also flies in the face of what I got told (came from a director) that they tried 3 times to get McCoist in to negotiate a deal but refused every time ... before getting another job offer and it being in his interests to deal. This is 100% genuine and the truth. McCoist is a spiv and if there's a degree of truth in that leaked Charlotte email that's floating about somewhere in the Boardroom section he should never be made welcome to Ibrox again.

In at least one TV interview King mentioned they had tried to get McCoist to reach an agreement but he wasn't having it. I think he actually said twice.A couple of months before his contract expires Ally makes an offer but as suspected there was something in it for Ally, another job already lined up.

I guess Dave forgot about this.

McCoist should not be wined and dined at our expense again.Better he travels through to Edinburgh and watches his mates team instead.

I have no problem with McCoist's "managerial" performance, he's clueless and everybody knows it.

I have no problem with his ridiculous overspending on shite players, he didn't negotiate the wages.

The problem is the money that he accepted from the club. People who say something along the lines of "would you turn down more money if your employer offered it?", you've totally missed the point.

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

In at least one TV interview King mentioned they had tried to get McCoist to reach an agreement but he wasn't having it. I think he actually said twice.A couple of months before his contract expires Ally makes an offer but as suspected there was something in it for Ally, another job already lined up.

I guess Dave forgot about this.

McCoist should not be wined and dined at our expense again.Better he travels through to Edinburgh and watches his mates team instead.

Dave King never forgot about this mate. He's from the idiotic old school line of thought that Rangers men are all that matters and get free passes in everything to do with Rangers and Ibrox.

The fact McCoist didn't come out and explain to the fans what was happening, considering the bond between us and Ally through the years, he should have done that, he owed it to us. 

I can overlook the mind-numbing amateur style football we were playing but I can't overlook the sheer disrespect he showed to our support, a support that's helped to pay about 20 years salary to him, even when he wasn't lifting a finger doing anything for the club.

I'll forever be able to watch his goals for us and know that once he was a beloved Rangers fan doing what he done best for the club he loved and also the attitude he showed towards admin when everyone else was jumping ship, Ally stuck by Rangers.

It would be a mixed reception for me. He's still an icon for what he done as a player but he's also treated us like dirt and there has been no heartfelt apology or anything which says to me he believes he was in the right bleed us dry and not say a word about it

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What email is it mate?

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

What email is it mate?

I'd like to have another read so someone who's spent more time in that section than me can point you in the right direction but it's from Stockbridge/Malcolm Murray to each other and basically has McCoist trying to hide from the fans the extent of what he was taking from the club. A lot of spiv like stuff going on that Green, Ahmed and Stockbridge rightly got slaughtered for. One quote in it, to paraphrase, was about the fans not finding out what he was taking (and hiding) incase it tarnished his reputation.

Who really gives a fuck ffs.I cant believe that some fans are still dragging this shit around.We have a very good manager in place now who has dragged the club into the 21st century at last so what is the need to bring up the dark past.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'd like to have another read so someone who's spent more time in that section than me can point you in the right direction but it's from Stockbridge/Malcolm Murray to each other and basically has McCoist trying to hide from the fans the extent of what he was taking from the club. A lot of spiv like stuff going on that Green, Ahmed and Stockbridge rightly got slaughtered for. One quote in it, to paraphrase, was about the fans not finding out what he was taking (and hiding) incase it tarnished his reputation.

Hopefully fuck all truth to it. Doubt we'll ever know though.