Dave King Response #10

RANGERS Chairman Dave King recently invited supporters to send in questions and below you can read the tenth part in the series as he addresses the topics raised by fans:

CHANGES TO FOOTBALL STRUCTURES

Most of the questions I received were detailed in nature and I have consolidated them into common themes for the purpose of my responses. However, a few questions were directed at gaining a better understanding of the “bigger picture” and what has been put in place over the last year to ensure the football structures are solid and not dependent on key individuals within the football management team or the Board.

Read the rest here: http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-10/?

Good to hear the academy is getting ran the way it deserves. Over the years we've not seen that many young players being successful in the first team but hopefully that will change.

Quite a heartening read

It's just great to see Rangers say such a thing, the fact that it looks like we have some kind of plan and that plan revolves around youth and player development.

Never heard that from Rangers in my lifetime. Only time will tell if it works but if we are to achieve an academy rated in the top 15 in Europe, I'd be ecstatic about it.

That was good to read. It shows we have a good ambition going forward. We have the setup there in Auchenhowie already so all that needed to be done was utilize it correctly and now it looks like we are finally doing this with very detailed planning. 

The academy thing for 11-15 could potentially be an outstanding move. 

No illusions though , it will be at least 5 years before we really start reaping the rewards from all the work we are doing but it will be worth it. 

This is what happens when you have a progressive board running the club with the best interests of the football club in mind.

It's one thing to have a structure but then and especially at the beginning, it's only worth what the individuals involved are capable of giving in terms of expertise and vision. The exciting thing for me is the apparent/obvious calibre of the people involved. eg. We need the right people choosing the boys to go on the Boclair project.

At a time when we have financial challenges, this was the only route that made viable sense.
If we want to be both successful and sustainable, we have to make it work.
The support may need to have some patience. 

The other thing is that if and when MW leaves then we will have a footballing structure in place that would require new personnel that were a good fit with the structure, rather than the other way round.

This was the part that jumped out for me as a sign we finally understand what is needed to be a successful and sustainable club..

'Each player is an individual project. We must ensure that the challenges our players face are at the correct level at the correct time in order to change the normal pathway experienced by young Scottish players. By making decisions in the interests of the player we may negatively impact on the results of some of our Academy teams. That does not matter – producing players for the first team is the only objective of the Academy. The only team that must win is the first team'

Superb stuff.  

Am I the only one getting dejavu here, as this is all so familiar to what MW has been saying and implementing since coming to The Club, and revolutionising the first team and it's requirements and making this the footballing ethos of all our teams.

Fair enough this board are taking onboard the experience that MW has gained over his time with other youth training projects, and it is always nice they are actually listening to a Manager who seems to know the business of a winning formula, but for readers to be fooled by some posters who  try spinning it off as the board's idea is rather naff.

The only praise the board (or in this case DK specifically) deserve is that he and the board have employed a potential winner at Ibrox, and when posters such as Buster above start their posts off, with boring regularity now, on how well the board are doing and continue to hand them kudos for footballing acumen they are not capable of is just not on.

So credit where it is due, in this case, goes to DK for listening to sense from one who has the knowledge, and doing his job ....... no more.

:uk:   

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Am I the only one getting dejavu here, as this is all so familiar to what MW has been saying and implementing since coming to The Club, and revolutionising the first team and it's requirements and making this the footballing ethos of all our teams.

Fair enough this board are taking onboard the experience that MW has gained over his time with other youth training projects, and it is always nice they are actually listening to a Manager who seems to know the business of a winning formula, but for readers to be fooled by some posters who  try spinning it off as the board's idea is rather naff.

The only praise the board (or in this case DK specifically) deserve is that he and the board have employed a potential winner at Ibrox, and when posters such as Buster above start their posts off, with boring regularity now, on how well the board are doing and continue to hand them kudos for footballing acumen they are not capable of is just not on.

So credit where it is due, in this case, goes to DK for listening to sense from one who has the knowledge, and doing his job ....... no more.

:uk:   

Fair points...but what we don't know is that this was the boards vision and they were looking for the right guy...and in walks Warburton.