Your favourite day supporting the Gers

ready1873

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

The Sheep in 91.

This. I was in the old east enclosure and it was the best atmosphere I can remember.

The Leeds CL game and helicopter Sunday ran it close mind you

7 hours ago, HeHaw said:

Rangers vs East Stirlingshire 2012.

Was the first home game of the season after one of the shittiest summers ever, just enjoyed being back seeing the familiar faces round about me, loads of people who I had rarely spoke with but shared a laugh with over the years with the same expression of relief on their faces.

Spent a good few months wondering what was going to happen to us and if we would have a club at all to support.

This hit home hard... we never really knew just how close we came to maybe never stepping foot back inside ibrox that summer....

However it has to be the semi against them... what a way to win it too... they missed in front of there own scum to hand us the game. The sigh of relief then the instant feeling of joy 

Edu's last minute goal. First time i took the misses and nearly lost her. She went chasing mcoist when he ran past and only met her outside as she was waitin at corner. Thought id lost her (some u win some u lose) 

Battering the shite out of Bayern Munich in the semi final of the ECWC in 1972 who had some of the greatest Germans to play for the national team like Maier,Hansen, Beckenbaur,Schnieder,Brietner,Roth.Zoebel,Hoeness and Muller. There were 80,000 at the match to see S.Jardine and D Parlane score and as I said we battered the shite out of them and deserved our place in the Final :uk: 

13 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Winning the league at the piggery will probably be my favourite away day of all time. 

So many to choose from though lol. 

Hard day to beat that day I was in top section next to the gap from the scum got showered with coins

scum couldn't handle the party of all party's the Bears were having happy days 

4 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Battering the shite out of Bayern Munich in the semi final of the ECWC in 1972 who had some of the greatest Germans to play for the national team like Maier,Hansen, Beckenbaur,Schnieder,Brietner,Roth.Zoebel,Hoeness and Muller. There were 80,000 at the match to see S.Jardine and D Parlane score and as I said we battered the shite out of them and deserved our place in the Final :uk: 

That must have been incredible that night just before I was born my old man was there said the fans and team were outstanding,  my first European game dulka Prague in 81 sadly European nights were not as magical then 

5-1 against the soap dodgers or 1987 Skol Cup Final where Durrant played a blinder and Coop nearly burst the net with that free kick. I think I my have had something in my eye at the end of that cup final. Bit of grit or something.

Cheers

Bluey

17 minutes ago, bluey9 said:

5-1 against the soap dodgers or 1987 Skol Cup Final where Durrant played a blinder and Coop nearly burst the net with that free kick. I think I my have had something in my eye at the end of that cup final. Bit of grit or something.

Cheers

Bluey

5-1 in 1988 takes some beating,the first time I seen us give them a hammering.

Manchester down and back on the bus was incredible so was the day mind you. 

Stuart McCalls testimonial was a great day as well too many stories to tell you about that trip. 

Lovenkrands final is probably the best feeling inside a ground. 

The taxi run to the pub for the Killie game when it turned up late and listening to the first 3 goals going in and the taxi driver trying to hide the fact he was a thim. :lol: 

1. Barcelona

2. Winning the last of the old old (or is it old old old) league format Division 1 at Hibs after years of them winning it.

not sure about the order but I now look back fondly on the day out in Manchester (not the result or how we played, just the whole day)

22 hours ago, sco22y said:

Winning the title at Rugby park in 2009 when we were 3 up in the first 10 minutes- oh and Jelavic's  free kick. Fantastic feeling knowing that tobacco muncher would be gutted!

2011 bud. (tu)