hangover from last season

MacBoyd

That bitterly disappointing game is still lingering over me personally and warbs and miller have both said the same recently.

Reminds me of the pre season after Manchester a bit, when we lost to some diddy team in a cl qualifier.

It's imperative we start fast next season and we have a good set of fixtures. Hopefully the new faces help 

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

That bitterly disappointing game is still lingering over me personally and warbs and miller have both said the same recently.

Reminds me of the pre season after Manchester a bit, when we lost to some diddy team in a cl qualifier.

It's imperative we start fast next season and we have a good set of fixtures. Hopefully the new faces help 

The season after Manchester we were very bitter at how the spl and Celtic with bollocks lies fucked us and short pre season didn't help although we missed enough chances to beat kaunus and walter smith at his best went over there and lined up so negatively it didn't help 

i feel there is a lot of bitterness going into this season but my biggest worry was how poor our form was towards end of the season the game against Livingston was shocking as was the cup final and we have not won away game since queen of the south in February 

I'm still waiting for Warburton's assessment of the Scottish Cup final.

After what we were subject to for the last four or five games of the league campaign, we were due a performance and what we were given, on the national stage, was an embarrassment.

That Motherwell side we're facing is absolute shite. I know Motherwell fans and as they have done for the past 50 years, they've lost anyone of any value this close season. We MUST batter them. Not only to set the bar upon our return, but revenge for that horrible play-off final last season.

24 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm still waiting for Warburton's assessment of the Scottish Cup final.

After what we were subject to for the last four or five games of the league campaign, we were due a performance and what we were given, on the national stage, was an embarrassment.

That Motherwell side we're facing is absolute shite. I know Motherwell fans and as they have done for the past 50 years, they've lost anyone of any value this close season. We MUST batter them. Not only to set the bar upon our return, but revenge for that horrible play-off final last season.

Yeah a freind of mine a Motherwell fan says we will win this game hands down he has zero confidence and is actually dreading the coming season 

personally think Hamilton partick and Inverness will be below them a dont think there that bad 

Disappointed at the time, in fact I was devastated, but that was last year and this is a new season with new targets.

I don't expect us to win every game, which we won't, but I fully expect more of the same performances from last season, with the exception of the ones in the league after we won it. In fact, all last years 'new' players have a year under their belt of the new regime, and we've also got some older, more experienced players to steady the young in our squad.

This is a new season so go for it Rangers and do your best in every game.:thumbup:

I'm still distraught, I don't do superstitions but anytime Shug Burns is on RTV we fail to win and it happened again

How in fucks name did the terrorist get to our 6 yard line unchallenged ? 

This after major defensive fuck ups with hivs first goal in the final league game, Halliday and Kiernan stood still as cummings walked unchallenged to score

The fuck up at ibrox when the defence, again, stood and watched as another tarrier scored for Alloa 

How is it possible to let it happen a third time in the S.C. final ?

We did the hard part in the semi, we had warnings, we had extra time off to rest/prepare

We were still equipped to pick up what would have been one of our greatest achievements 

Badly let down on the day, Miller, McKay the only pass marks, the worst offenders have gone, Holt hardly kicked the ball 

Every corner gives me the fear normally reserved for a penalty

We have to be gracious, magnanimous and not bitter, the assaults on our players were horrendous but on the day we were off the pace

I still believe firmly that hivs must be stripped of the win, I wouldn't want us to be awarded it, scrap it for 1 year

The rules allow for retrospective disqualification, nothing merits it more than the behaviour of their fans and in the aftermath the condoning sound bites from their rancid board 

Oh, and get Lovenkrands back on the commentary

5 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I'm still distraught, I don't do superstitions but anytime Shug Burns is on RTV we fail to win and it happened again

How in fucks name did the terrorist get to our 6 yard line unchallenged ? 

This after major defensive fuck ups with hivs first goal in the final league game, Halliday and Kiernan stood still as cummings walked unchallenged to score

The fuck up at ibrox when the defence, again, stood and watched as another tarrier scored for Alloa 

How is it possible to let it happen a third time in the S.C. final ?

We did the hard part in the semi, we had warnings, we had extra time off to rest/prepare

We were still equipped to pick up what would have been one of our greatest achievements 

Badly let down on the day, Miller, McKay the only pass marks, the worst offenders have gone, Holt hardly kicked the ball 

Every corner gives me the fear normally reserved for a penalty

We have to be gracious, magnanimous and not bitter, the assaults on our players were horrendous but on the day we were off the pace

I still believe firmly that hivs must be stripped of the win, I wouldn't want us to be awarded it, scrap it for 1 year

The rules allow for retrospective disqualification, nothing merits it more than the behaviour of their fans and in the aftermath the condoning sound bites from their rancid board 

Oh, and get Lovenkrands back on the commentary

1, Burns was there when we beat Killie.

2, McKay was as bad as everybody else.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

1, Burns was there when we beat Killie.

2, McKay was as bad as everybody else.

1, Even TLB is right sometimes

2, He made himself available, didn't hide

3, Always with the negatives 

They were stuck in a lazy bastard rut that was created by sealing the league and beating the tims.

Hopefully with a better squad this season we can drop the players who have attitudes like that.

Unnaceptable for this club to lose games in that manner but I very much doubt Barton will stand for cunts swanning about like they're on holiday. He's forgot more about football than what most of our guys know so I'm pretty confident we will be better this season.

Miller and Hill will be crucial as well as the young lads have more older guys moaning at them which can only be a good thing.

What worried me last year is the Manager not able to motivate the players for the final third of the season,Plus how poor we were defensively, yet all we heard every week was next week we will be better or do plan A better.

A small squad never helped as they all knew how poorly they played they would be picked but that does tell us a lot about certain players attitudes.

This is the important season now for both the Manager and the Players there can be no coasting it this season or they will be out on their Arse.

55 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

This :541: 

We were utter shite in the last few weeks of the season, especially in the final. But the semi final was my Scottish Cup last season, that's the game we will talk about and remember in years to come. I would however strip Hibs of the Cup, but there's no chance of that happening, not with the Fenian lovers and sympathisers that run everything in this shitey wee country. Independence, get tae fuck. 

13 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We were utter shite in the last few weeks of the season, especially in the final. But the semi final was my Scottish Cup last season, that's the game we will talk about and remember in years to come. I would however strip Hibs of the Cup, but there's no chance of that happening, not with the Fenian lovers and sympathisers that run everything in this shitey wee country. Independence, get tae fuck. 

Hibs won it, shouldn't get it stripped.

We just lacked a leader, a proper leader.

Had David Weir, Barry Ferguson, Lorenzo Amoruso or Richard Gough been in that team they would never have stood for the slackness that we showed in the final few weeks. We were a young, inexperienced team.

Since then we've added vital experience and strength in character with the likes of Joey Barton and Clint Hill. People might not agree with many of the signings but we have strengthened in some of the areas that proved to need it in those few weeks.

Whilst it is okay to feel bad and look back on an obviously poor result, it is vital to look positively to the future with excitement and optimism.

22 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

It wouldn't happen if Donald Findlay was running Scottish football either because there would be no just reason for it.

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nor should they, won the cup on the field.  However the fact tey have not been punished by the sfa is shocking.  An immediate one or even two year ban from the competition  would have been appropriate.

The fact they are yet to be punished is shocking.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Nor should they, won the cup on the field.  However the fact tey have not been punished by the sfa is shocking.  An immediate one or even two year ban from the competition  would have been appropriate.

A fine and or a ban, aye.

Calling for them to get it stripped is tarrier behaviour imo.

42 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This, irrespective of what happened afterwards with their fans, the HIbs team won the match fair and square and deserve the trophy.

As a football team they still need to be punished for the action of their fans that could be monetary, closing of stands at home matches, no fans at away matches or even banning them from entering the competition this coming season, but they shouldn't be stripped of a trophy that they won fairly.

23 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yeah, agree, it is disgusting that no action so far has been taken against the club for the behaviour of their fans, if this was in any other country punishment would have already been dished out.

They can't even use the police investigation as an excuse because it is clear to see that their fans invaded the pitch and attacked players and staff of our club and therefore a footballing punishment can be handed out.

13 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Every player plus our Asst Manager was assaulted, pack mentality not a few junkies 

Their chairman dismissed it as exuberance 

You have read our clubs statement that NO follow up had been made, no apology, no enquiry as to our players injuries, inflicted by their exuberant support ?

Your happy for them to keep the trophy they won then immediately physically assaulted and spat on Rangers

Given that the stripping of the Cup is there in the punishments what would you deem appropriate for such recourse ?

6 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Every player plus our Asst Manager was assaulted, pack mentality not a few junkies 

Their chairman dismissed it as exuberance 

You have read our clubs statement that NO follow up had been made, no apology, no enquiry as to our players injuries, inflicted by their exuberant support ?

Your happy for them to keep the trophy they won then immediately physically assaulted and spat on Rangers

Given that the stripping of the Cup is there in the punishments what would you deem appropriate for such recourse ?

They're scum fans did that, not their players or staff. The 11 players + however many subs they introduced beat us on the park fair and square because they wanted it more than our players. Fucking cringe and tarrier like to even suggest they should have it taken away from them.