*****The offical Charleston Battery Vs Rangers thread*****

In case you missed it (from The Rangers site)

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/charleston-battery-1-2-rangers/

It was good seeing the team playing again albeit only a friendly. I was impressed with Windass. He looked confident, active and passed the ball well and was unlucky not to score in the first half. I was impressed with him in the second too and scored a good goal. Well taken goal from Forrester as well.

I wasn't too impressed with Onyewu, especially with their goal from a ridiculous angle. Gilks should have done better for it as well. Overall it was a good workout and even though CB are mid-way through their season, we looked better as the game went on. MOH had some good runs and one in particular was excellent, only for someone missing to tap the ball in. He'll be an asset for us this season I'm sure.

I should also add that there was a guy wearing a kilt who was on the pitch after the game finished. When you read Jane Hamiltons report of it in the Daily Rebel, pay no attention to her saying that their were hundreds of Rangers supporters on the pitch causing mayhem and using their kids as shields. It didn't happen (just in her deranged mind).

48 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Halliday's pass to Wilson was awful. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but after watching Windass I'm already gutted he has a clause in his contract.

What clause?

Just now, Prso's headband said:

£3.5m release clause in his contract. I'm no wishing the kid away and trying not to big him up but he was our best player last night and looks very, very good. 

I didn't know that, must have missed it. That's a shame, sure if he's here for a season or two and we manage to get a contract extension we'd increase/remove it. King said in one of his statements he's happy to rewards staff with improved contracts but expects something in return, ie extensions or better clauses. Hopefully if he turns out to be a top player that's something that happens down the line.

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I didn't know that, must have missed it. That's a shame, sure if he's here for a season or two and we manage to get a contract extension we'd increase/remove it. King said in one of his statements he's happy to rewards staff with improved contracts but expects something in return, ie extensions or better clauses. Hopefully if he turns out to be a top player that's something that happens down the line.

Tbh he does look delighted to be here and if we win it first time of asking with a lure of CL football a few of our players will get bigger wage contracts so hopefully we can take the clause out by offering him a bit more and obviously Euro football. Long way to go yet but he already looks a very assured player and plays MW style very well.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

£3.5m release clause in his contract. I'm no wishing the kid away and trying not to big him up but he was our best player last night and looks very, very good. 

And how did you come about knowing the personal details of people's contracts?  Something which is supposed to be confidential until another team actually tries to buy a player.

3 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

And how did you come about knowing the personal details of people's contracts?  Something which is supposed to be confidential until another team actually tries to buy a player.

It was made public when we signed him am sure?

could be wrong though 

7 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Chill out lol. It was widely reported. Sorry for stating facts.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/rangers-bound-josh-windass-and-matt-crooks-take-to-twitter-to-express-delight_sto5049937/story.shtml

Andy Newport also ran with it at the time.