Guardian: Waghorn and Tav reject new deals

So according to the media this was rejected a month ago?

Why wait until now to run with the story a week before our first competitive game.

Stoked up a load of pish about MW through the break as well so this is unsurprising. 

Like they would know how much Barton and Rossiter are on unless they are gullible and read the record

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, happens all the time in football. A bit of a nothing story.

Players hold all the power now days, but the club shouldn't be held to ransom because of this. They've got two years left, so they can see at least one of those year's out. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So according to the media this was rejected a month ago?

Why wait until now to run with the story a week before our first competitive game.

Stoked up a load of pish about MW through the break as well so this is unsurprising. 

Like they would know how much Barton and Rossiter are on unless they are gullible and read the record

Couldn't agree more with this, it's a nothing story. If the players were truly unhappy, you'd imagine agents would have leaked the story at the time. 

In any job you do you expect to be paid more than you are. Both are happy and settled, and both have said as much in recent weeks. 

If they have two year's left on their contracts then there is no real big issue here, it's a total non story for me , they can't find anything else negative about Rangers at the moment so they just run with this shite , shite stirring rags with lazy shite journalists the lot of them 

Just can't understand having signed a deal your happy with , to then demand more a year into it. 

Like I said in another thread re Warburton , if you think you deserve more in a higher division , and I can understand that , then why not have your agreement when you sign that you get X salary in the championship , rising to Y for the premier league . 

Non-story as others have mentioned. Wouldn't believe everything that is reported, especially as we'll never know what they are on or have been offered.

The article mentions they are both happy here. I actually think we hold all the aces, see how they go, we can always cash in when January rolls around, or even the end of the season.

I see this as a positive that we are looking to extend contracts.

This is media destabilising tactics as we move into the new season, will turn out to be total horseshit, they need the Rangers in the news to sell their shitty column inches either on paper or digitally

Wouldn't believe a thing in the media..Unless it's Rangers Media..:wink:

Players come and players go..But papers will write shite until the day they die...Shit stirring journalism..Look at the media spin as regards the deadwood the mhanks are trying to get rid of..And compare it to this pish..They don't even try to hide it anymore..:wanker:

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Oh dear he actually has liked it. Make of that what you will but IMO that is childish and pathetic.

He maybe just liked it for a laugh/.joke we will never know.