Rumour doing the rounds....

MisterC

50 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Nico and Joey have never been on the kind of money Rvp is on at Man United and in Turkey tbf

The amount wasn't the point Jela .The point was that players can play for the club rather than thinking about the cash .Time will tell 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

We need a marquee signing :dioufcheer:

I believe we currently have that in-tent. Hopefully will peg out okay and with our support he will raise the roof when he makes his first appearance. 

13 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Fair point bud but ahem Nico and Joey didn't think so (tu)

I'm not saying that we can only attract under-performing, mid-league floaters (At the time of their arrival, Waghorn and Tavernier fell into this category), but Robin van Persie is a household name. There are Arabs willing to throw cash like its sand at him and Russian tycoons willing to secure his great, great, great grandchildren's grandchildren future just to have his name on the back of their club's shirt.

Vlad Weiss will inevitably, I think, return to Ibrox one day. Not until he's milked his tax free salary from the Middle East, though. He would be stupid not to; we can't compete and never will for as long as Ibrox lies on North Britain soil. Average players can earn incredible fortunes abroad, never mind big names.

Scottish football doesn't have that. Scottish football is a car crash. Scotland is a car crash, both in a sporting sense and politically, but that's another debate.

Neither Barton nor Kranjcar are van Persie. Barton made an incredibly bold carrier move in coming here and Kranjcar probably sacked his agent for ending up in the second flight of the USA.

I'm excited to see which striker we bring in, but it won't be a household name. That, I guarantee.

22 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Really can't see it being RVP the money does not stack up. The only thing I heard was he was English and the management team were speaking to Harry Redknapp to see what the player was like as a character as he had worked with him. Given the number of players Harry Redknapp has worked with that's a wide list 

Heard this one as well without any players names being mentioned of course but having a think about it the more possible stand out players would be Crouch,Defoe,Berbatov or Darren Bent. Probably won't be any of those though 

Berbatov is a free I think. Probably could afford his wages, £20k a week. Played with Krajcar at Spurs.

Although he's going downhill he'd still have plenty for the SPL for a year.

Would be viewed as a statement of intent by the club I'd imagine.

IF he could be arsed he would be a cracking signing.

Massive IF though. 

9 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Berbatov is a free I think. Probably could afford his wages, £20k a week. Played with Krajcar at Spurs.

Although he's going downhill he'd still have plenty for the SPL for a year.

Would be viewed as a statement of intent by the club I'd imagine.

IF he could be arsed he would be a cracking signing.

Massive IF though. 

Ive always seen berbatov as a lazy lazy player. Loads of talent but i dont think he would fit into our style of play.