Dunny 01 Andy Goram and The Sun

Andy Goram blasted over £400 Rangers fans no-show

EXCLUSIVE By LISA BOYLE

21:20, 9 Jul 2016

Former Gers ace Goram News Group Newspapers Ltd

RANGERS diehards blasted Ibrox idol Andy Goram for missing a fans’ event after pocketing a £400 appearance fee.

The former Scotland legend was booked for a Q&A session at a Glasgow function with his former Old Firm rival Murdo MacLeod.

But after his no-show a raging supporter who claimed to be the organiser slammed him on Rangers Media forum for not returning the money and going to ground.

Dunny01 wrote: “He asked for the £400 upfront to appear with Murdo at my function.

“He didn’t show up but apparently has now changed his phone numbers and everything.”

He later said Goram, 52, got in touch to say the money would be repaid but it had not appeared.

Celtic legend MacLeod, 57, also missed the function and blamed Goram’s radio silence. He tweeted: “Andy asked me to do a Q&A in Glasgow.

“Did not know where. Text and phoned him for 3 days. No reply.”

Ex-Gers ace Andy Goram’s £400 fans no- show

Other fans accused Goram of missing previous events.

But his agent said there was a mix-up as his phone was nicked.

He said: “It had his diary and contacts in it so he couldn’t get in touch with anyone.

“He has been in touch about the money and will be issuing a full refund.”

Goram, now a coach at Airdrie, did not respond to requests for comment.

He starred for Rangers 184 times from 1991-1998.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad there turned out to be a valid reason for the no-show. Obviously disappointing at the time for all those waiting for the event. Lesson to all, not be rely too much on your mobile device. Be happy to hear from Dunny once he's fully refunded for this (tu)

1 minute ago, StornowayBlue said:

Glad there turned out to be a valid reason for the no-show. Obviously disappointing at the time for all those waiting for the event. Lesson to all, not be rely too much on your mobile device. Be happy to hear from Dunny once he's fully refunded for this (tu)

Nae bother Andy?

2 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

:lol:

16 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

Goram really needs to look after that phone a bit better.  It must have been nicked a dozen times judging by the amount of bears who have been fleeced/robbed/let down by him.

17 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

Bet you've sent money to the President of Nigeria before haven't you.....

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Bet you've sent money to the President of Nigeria before haven't you.....

No mate, but both Andy and Bomber treated my son very well last summer at a charity function in Stornoway. I'll stick to commenting on events I have attended and base my opinions on those.

pl8RfdO5j

9 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

No mate, but both Andy and Bomber treated my son very well last summer at a charity function in Stornoway. I'll stick to commenting on events I have attended and base my opinions on those.

pl8RfdO5j

For me .That's the way it should always be (tu)

11 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

pl8RfdO5j

Glad it worked out for you and the guys up there. Shame for the dozens of others that were ripped off though going by the previous thread, such as Dunny.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Glad it worked out for you and the guys up there. Shame for the dozens of others that were ripped off though going by the previous thread, such as Dunny.

I feel for Dunny and anyone who was let down that evening, I do. I think enough was made of it in the previous thread which I made a point of not commenting in. I can understand why the Sun would regurgitate this again but disappointed to see it back on the pages of this forum again.

LADS

IM TOTALLY SHOCKED HOW THESE NUTCASES CAN PUT THAT IN PAPERS.

I am on holiday the now, and just got a phone call. I was contacted by this Lisa from Sun on Rangersmedia PM and I immediately reported to BluePeter and Gogzy as it is unreal reporters disguised as Rangersmedia members.

I told them this matter was resolved and It was a non story.

to make a spread like that with just total no substance to it is unbelievable.

I postedonRangersmedia to tell other rangers fans not to book Andy Goram nor pay him up front, to have this put in paper is no real.

1 minute ago, Dunny_01 said:

LADS

I am on holiday the now, and just got a phone call. I was contacted by this Lisa from Sun and I immediately reported to BluePeter and Gogzy as it is unreal reporters disguised as Rangersmedia members.

I postedonRangersmedia to tell other rangers fans not to book Andy Goram nor pay him up front, to have this put in paper is no real.

good enough for me

9 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

LADS

I am on holiday the now, and just got a phone call. I was contacted by this Lisa from Sun on Rangersmedia PM and I immediately reported to BluePeter and Gogzy as it is unreal reporters disguised as Rangersmedia members.

wouldn't worry about it mate, most bears can see it for what it is, journos struggling to sell papers, think of it as tomorrows chip paper.

the Sun are struggling that much, that most shops in Scotland are GIVING the paper away, I have refused it every time yet they still ring it through their tills and  throw it on a pile behind the counter.

1 hour ago, StornowayBlue said:

That refund won't happen mate