Warburton agrees new deal until 2019

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, markem said:

MARK Warburton last night revealed he will this week sign a contract extension with Rangers that will commit him to the Ibrox club until 2019.

Warburton had been bemused by reports this summer that talks with the Ladbrokes Championship winners over an improved deal had broken down.

They had led to intense online speculation that the 53-year-old, who was linked with vacancies at Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and Swansea last season, was set to return to England.

The former Brentford boss, who won the second tier title and Petrofac Training Cup in his first season in Scotland, was adamant that negotiations had simply been put on hold while he was away on holiday.

He confirmed that both he and his assistant Davie Weir, who had been under contract until 2018, had finally agreed enhanced terms with Rangers and would put pen to paper in the coming days, possibly even today.

The news will delight Rangers supporters who were already looking forward to their team, who have brought in household names Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar this summer, getting their top flight campaign underway next month with great anticipation.

They were impressed by the attractive brand of attacking football that Rangers played as they beat main rivals Falkirk and Hibs to the Championship by a comfortable 11 point margin.

At a promotional event held in conjunction with golf manufacturer Callaway at Ibrox last night featuring several Rangers players and some of the competitors in the Open at Royal Troon this week, Warburton was happy to set the record straight.

“I will be signing a deal this week,” he said. “I’ve agreed a deal with the club to commit longer term, for another year until 2019.

“People were asking ‘why hasn’t he signed?’. But I was away on holiday. The owner and the board were also busy.

“Suddenly it was ‘Warburton’s not signing’ and ‘the club haven’t done this or that’. It wasn’t like that at all. I went on holiday for two weeks to avoid divorce and the club were busy anyway.”

Great news. :clap:

Clearlt he must be havinf issues at home with the reference to dicorce and gpong on holiday. Hopefully his missus comes up here and.can apeak to mrs kranjar and all can be good. Clearlt.it must be a bit of.an issue. I know weir family never came.up here to stay and that is dedication. But all in all it is a worry 

22 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Clearlt he must be havinf issues at home with the reference to dicorce and gpong on holiday. Hopefully his missus comes up here and.can apeak to mrs kranjar and all can be good. Clearlt.it must be a bit of.an issue. I know weir family never came.up here to stay and that is dedication. But all in all it is a worry 

Warburton ain't having family issues ffs it was a joke. He was due to go on holiday last summer and cancelled due to becoming our manager. So this summer is the first chance in 2yrs he's had to get away..

2 hours ago, deco19761 said:

Great news. The towns and counties were lit for king william on the 11th guiding him to be Our saviour so many moons ago. 

our light, our redeemer... renews his vows to the cause 326 years later. 

Superb long live the hat. Long live the queen. 

25 precent increase.plus bonus of 1m if we win the league. And increments to take him towards 700 k per year. I am led to believe. 

You were led astray then

But But But the press was saying that there was disharmony, that negotiations had broken down, that he was leaving!

This statement from MW must be all lies, I'm telling you it must be lies because the Daily Rhags are never wrong?  Are they? Are they ever wrong?

Brilliant piece of news the atmosphere at Ibrox has been so good this last year and I hope it continues for a very long time.