starting lineup coming season - suggestions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is the 3 midfielders and forwards are so interchangeable it's difficult to name a starting lineup. I think Barton will play as a box to box midfielder and the defensive side will be between toaster and Crooks. 

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Not sure what game you were watching then if you thought we had 2 DM's or none every game.

We play with a very fluid 4-3-3. This isn't Fifa mate. You can call it a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-2-3 but they're all the same when your players constantly change positions and formations throughout the game. 

Technically we played 2-1-7 for most of last season.

Considering last season's shortages, we have an almost perfect squad now with a lot a quality and potential throughout. I've no idea what the best staring XI could look like ATM but It's going to be exciting and fun finding out over the next month or so. Canny wait to see some good performances from a lot of players. :)  

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Tav is the best full-back in the country going forward.  He's an integral part of our formation.  Toaster and Barton will help him out defensively this year.

Did our other full back not win POTY this? Id say he was best in country going forward and tracking back

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Way of the mark with the original post. Halliday starting. :blink:

Rossiter won't be a regular this year, in my opinion. 

Cant see him being paid 10 grand a week to sit on the bench. 

Bell

Foster     McCulloch   Moshni     Wallace

Templeton      Law     Black        Macleod

Clark             Daly

11 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

No one is saying he is untouchable, but Hodson certainly won't walk in to the team and Tav will need to do something drastic to get dropped considering how much he contributes to our team.

What...defend like an amateur?

Gotta feeling we wont have a first choice starting 11, and if we do MW has no idea what the 11 will be. Some fringe players will kick on and develop, some "starters" will disappoint. Take our attack as an example; im sure MW has no clue who yet to choose from between Miller, Wag, Forrester, MOH, Dodoo and Windass. Players develop partnerships, some hit form while others lose form. I wouldn't wish to see too many big games though that includes both Miller and Wag starting in our front three.

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Way of the mark with the original post. Halliday starting. :blink:

Rossiter won't be a regular this year, in my opinion. 

Watch this space... Holt will be thereabouts also... Good players.....rossitervand krancjer will have to go some to upsurp them..... Two of our best players last year being casually dismissed ... Nae nae mr wilks

3 hours ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

Gotta feeling we wont have a first choice starting 11, and if we do MW has no idea what the 11 will be. Some fringe players will kick on and develop, some "starters" will disappoint. Take our attack as an example; im sure MW has no clue who yet to choose from between Miller, Wag, Forrester, MOH, Dodoo and Windass. Players develop partnerships, some hit form while others lose form. I wouldn't wish to see too many big games though that includes both Miller and Wag starting in our front three.

Key to a winning yeam is a settled side.... Warbs will have a favoured 11...... Just like last year..... The successful teams in euros had settled sides also

3 hours ago, Big Al II said:

What...defend like an amateur?

Tav got shown up abit towards end season.... My thinking is as our creativity ip the park increases we may shore up defence more and bring in more reliability.... It doesnt give me much pleasure having a bombscare at back even if he can go on maradona runs and score goals

8 hours ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

Bell

Foster     McCulloch   Moshni     Wallace

Templeton      Law     Black        Macleod

Clark             Daly

That team is so ridiculous..... Wonder if macleod eould be any good if he came back

17 hours ago, desman75 said:

Looking at the players we have this year, and the manner in which Warburton has always said it is a squad game, I cannot see a standard starting 11. There are players there now who IMO will definitely be rotated, started/dropped depending on training performances.

Off the back of last season, if the form can be picked back up, Forrester is most definitely in and around the first team sheet as he was immense once he got up to match sharpness and gave us that something a little extra in the attacking third and was definitely not afraid to shoot.

With Kranjcar saying his preferred position being the #10 in behind the strikers I can see us lining up sometimes like:

Foderingham

Tav Hill/Wilson/Kiernen Wallace

Barton     Rossiter

Kranjcar

Forrester Waghorn  McKay

with the likes of Miller, Dodoo (if/when he signs), O'Hallaran interchanging along the front 3 and of course Holt and Halliday within the midfield.

Thats a crackin team..... Yer right forrestervreally comin into the reckoning......hope o haloren can do the same this year ... Good to watch fast players

22 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

- Foderingham -

- Tavernier - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace -

- Barton - Kranjcar -

- Forrester - Windass - McKay -

- Waghorn -

With O'Halloran, Dodoo/Miller and Rossiter/Crooks on as subs.

I think this is pretty much how things will pan out once everyone's fit etc although I'm pretty sure rossiter will be a starter.