Are there plans to Boycott away games??

Or are the press doing their usual jackanory pish?;

Mark McGhee says he would be "very disappointed" if Rangers fans boycott away matches this season, including Saturday's League Cup opener at Motherwell.

The Steelmen get their campaign under way against Mark Warburton's side this week, with the newly revamped competition pairing the two sides in the same group.

However, the build-up to the match has witnessed talk of a possible boycott of away games at top-flight clubs by Rangers fans this season, with Dave King even addressing such talk.

But McGhee believes that would be a loss to the Scottish game and that Rangers fans should be welcomed at grounds around the country.

"That seems a shame," he said. "One of the things we'd be looking forward to was welcoming away supporters here.

"It's one of the things that makes it an atmosphere here. If you've got no-one from the away support here our own fans can get complacent.

"But if they're here then it gets our fans on their feet, gets them competitive. We need that.

"We need the support of our fans, but sometimes it comes not just our performance but the challenge that the away support brings.

"I'd be very disappointed if Rangers boycott games because I think everywhere would welcome them for the atmosphere."

Rangers will visit Fir Park for the first time since the controversial Scottish Premiership play-off final in 2015.

However, McGhee insists that any ill-feeling between the clubs is now a thing of the past.

"It should be [in the past]," he said. "We've supported Rangers' cause all along going back to when they went out of the league.

"We're some of the people who supported a positive aspect for Rangers. I think we're a club that welcomes Rangers back big-time into the league.

"As a competition I think it's better off with Rangers. So I don't think there's any bad feeling about that.

"Play-off games are emotional and when you're the team that's managed to survive you're euphoric and when you're the team that's lost you're despondent.

"I think that's all that happened that day. That's in the past and Rangers can look forward again to a big future in the Premiership."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mcghee, are your fans planning another pitch invasion to goad us like last time we played there?

Any of your players up for shoving our players in the back then having several mates jump him if he retaliates?

Got a few umbrella-laden locals are at the front of the stand?

Or can we believe that the authorities can guarantee the safety of our players and supporters?

Then again they have IIRC another year on their suspended punishment so they'll have to behave for a whole season more...

No on the contrary,  we are advised not to boycott those clubs that tried to kill off our club. Although the very same clubs are still actively working against us, also they still take every opportunity to have a sly dig and denigrate our support. We must still give them our money for them to continue with this agenda.

Fecked if i'm giving my money to them, you can do as you will, that's your choice.

There will be fans obviously going to boycott most grounds but with the amount of fans signed up to cccs away matches all our away allocation will be sold out at every away ground . For every fan that boycotts there will be loads to take his/her place . Each to their own but we will continue to have the best away support in the country regardless 

However, McGhee insists that any ill-feeling between the clubs is now a thing of the past.

"It should be [in the past]," he said. "We've supported Rangers' cause all along going back to when they went out of the league.

"We're some of the people who supported a positive aspect for Rangers. I think we're a club that welcomes Rangers back big-time into the league."

Sounds like a wee bit of revisionism there to me!

Folk that dont bother going anyway will tell themselves that theyre boycotting to give themselves a sense of superiority, the majority of us care more about supporting our Club than hurting our enemies.

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

Folk that dont bother going anyway will tell themselves that theyre boycotting to give themselves a sense of superiority, the majority of us care more about supporting our Club than hurting our enemies.

It really is that simple...

"I love Rangers more than I hate any of these teams" and all be going to as many away games as I can afford and get tickets for.

Boycott my hole,are the boycotters not going to any cup games anymore?

2 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

It really is that simple...

"I love Rangers more than I hate any of these teams" and all be going to as many away games as I can afford and get tickets for.

Boycott my hole,are the boycotters not going to any cup games anymore?

Yip, an guaranteed a large part of the folk saying "im not giving them my money" were he same folk clambering to get a ticket for the OF game. If you went to the OF and are now advocating a boycott then youre a gloryhunter imo.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

Yip, an guaranteed a large part of the folk saying "im not giving them my money" were he same folk clambering to get a ticket for the OF game. If you went to the OF and are now advocating a boycott then youre a gloryhunter imo.

100%

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

That's  nonsense. 

The "only" part is maybe nonsense, but id say a large part of the group calling for boycotts dont even go to away games.

Of course in a perfect world all Rangers fans should boycott all the away games in the SPFL, but unfortunately that would hurt us just as much as them in the fact that although we should be good enough to beat all those arseholes that tried to kill us off any team needs supporters to encourage them, it works both ways, we support the team and they try to reciprocate by trying that little bit harder, so fuck them all give them the blue pound but by fuck lets rub it in good style and let them know that they will always be minnows and that we are the big fish in the pond at every opportunity.

What I would like to see is that our supporters refuse to purchase any goods at their grounds, pies bovril, programmes etc, and if you want a pint before the game don't go to any old bar but find a pub that is recognized as a Rangers friendly pub to enjoy a drink in, starve the towns of the clowns who chose to attempt to kill us off as well.

Never forgive, never forget.

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Of course in a perfect world all Rangers fans should boycott all the away games in the SPFL, but unfortunately that would hurt us just as much as them in the fact that although we should be good enough to beat all those arseholes that tried to kill us off any team needs supporters to encourage them, it works both ways, we support the team and they try to reciprocate by trying that little bit harder, so fuck them all give them the blue pound but by fuck lets rub it in good style and let them know that they will always be minnows and that we are the big fish in the pond at every opportunity.

What I would like to see is that our supporters refuse to purchase any goods at their grounds, pies bovril, programmes etc, and if you want a pint before the game don't go to any old bar but find a pub that is recognized as a Rangers friendly pub to enjoy a drink in, starve the towns of the clowns who chose to attempt to kill us off as well.

Never forgive, never forget.

Fuck off, so youre saying in a perfect world Rangers would play at least half their games with no supporters? Some fan you must be if thats your attitude.

In a perfect world people would get on with supporting Rangers and let other scum clubs come second to that. But some like yourself put their hatred of others before the Club. Thats it, theres no way to spin it, you are putting other Clubs and your issues with them before Rangers and that is NOT the Rangers way,

1 minute ago, Willis said:

Fuck off, so youre saying in a perfect world Rangers would play at least half their games with no supporters? Some fan you must be if thats your attitude.

In a perfect world people would get on with supporting Rangers and let other scum clubs come second to that. But some like yourself put their hatred of others before the Club. Thats it, theres no way to spin it, you are putting other Clubs and your issues with them before Rangers and that is NOT the Rangers way,

I don't think you read my post correctly mate I was advocating the exact opposite, if you read my post again you will find that I support our fans go to away games and support the team and let the haters know that we are the big fish in this pond, I just said do not give the bastards anything other than the cost of entry.