Talks with Kiernan over a new contract

According to the daily mail, talks with Rob Kiernan have opened up to get him a contract extension since  right  now he's contacted until June 2017.

Honestly, I would've waited until this season was over to see how he gets on. He did good in big games like Dundee and Celtic but they were weeks apart. 

He could get better now hill is there to give him direction and that the midfield is a lot stronger, he has also had a bit of experience in SPFL before too. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

The lad definitely has potential and is our best CB with the ball at his feet so I can see why Warburton wants to tie him down.

With only 12 months remaining on his current contract I think the club is correct to start negotiations sooner rather than later tbh.

Id imagine most of the squad that signed last year will have had agreements in place to "renegotiate" their deals after promotion. Standard procedure in any league.

Kiernan was a man mountain v the scum last season. That was the lad doing the easy thing.

I like Rob and Danny sure they make mistakes and need to improve but that's the same for every player. Sadly there mistakes tend to cost us more but as long as there trying to do the correct thing they'll have my 100% support

1 hour ago, boabrfc1 said:

With only 12 months remaining on his current contract I think the club is correct to start negotiations sooner rather than later tbh.

Id imagine most of the squad that signed last year will have had agreements in place to "renegotiate" their deals after promotion. Standard procedure in any league.

Sensible post, I honestly think he will be solid this season

I would definatley wait to see how he get's on this season before rewarding him with a new contract. The boy tries his hardest and seems a nice enough guy but that's not enough for me for an improved contract...don't see the rush to tie him down as i doubt he'd command much of a fee anyway?