Warburton's press conference

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Treating this like a pre season. (tu) 

I honestly don't think we should. There's a lot of parallels between this and the challenge cup vs hibs last year. Our support were right up for that game, we're right up for this as a result of the playoffs a couple years ago and their scum fans reaction. Both asked questions of our side; hibs were our 'title rivals.' if we want to win the league this year these are the kind of away matches we must win. 

A big win here like the 6-2 game and we can ride that wave going into the league campaign, and we need to start faster than Celtic. They will improve but not immediately, they'll be a slower burn throughout the season - we need to come out 100mph. A good win here helps us do that for me. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

So jellybeans was talking shit then?

Maybe not, there could be an agreement in place for a 4 year contract but the fee is holding it up.

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Treating this like a pre season. (tu) 

No it's not bloody (tu).

The managers job is to tailor the pre season to suit the start of the season not to ignore a cup competition because it does not fit in with his preferred timetable.

We should have had more games before now 

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

No it's not bloody (tu).

The managers job is to tailor the pre season to suit the start of the season not to ignore a cup competition because it does not fit in with his preferred timetable.

Why should we have? The league is our number one priority, we need to be a full fitness for August the 6th, not tomorrow. Having 3/4 games before tomorrow would completely burn the players out, and it is pointless building attempting to build that level of fitness so early on for games against Annan and Stranraer. He is hardly ignoring it, he is being forced to use it as pre season which he clearly disagrees with.

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

No it's not bloody (tu).

More games? We'd have started back about the 14th a June ffs :lol:

treat it like a pre-season game that we would like to win. Its Motherwell ffs. Top 2 from our group progress so if we progress then MW has got it bang on. IF we don't progress then clearly we needed more preparation. Usual folk getting their knickers in a twist before a ball is kicked.

12 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

No it's not bloody (tu).

2 teams go through if we can't beat the cannon fodder never mind Motherwell, while trying things out we should give up. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

2 teams go through if we can't beat the cannon fodder never mind Motherwell, while trying things out we should give up. 

I never said I don't expect to go through. My comment was in response to the manager stating it was too hectic a start and that we only had one preseason game

It's his job to be ready for it. It's not like the fixtures were released yesterday. 

28 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

No it's not bloody (tu).

Settle petal

Last year he did say that the challenge cup and league cup first rounds were being utilised as our final preseason games too so that'll do for me.

Though next year when we are in Europe and have to start the qualifying rounds at this time of the year I'd be hoping for more preparation work and friendlies beforehand

18 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I never said I don't expect to go through. My comment was in response to the manager stating it was too hectic a start and that we only had one preseason game

It's his job to be ready for it. It's not like the fixtures were released yesterday. 

That's just Warburton playing the media, if he came and said the league cup is our preseason he would get slaughtered.