Do you refer to "Rangers" or "The Rangers"?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Farset said:

The Sons of William

:541:

Funnily enough I never like us being called that, I think it is daft. Not that I don't appreciate the culture and our connection to it, I just didn't ever go along with that. 

The Rangers always sounds good. 

Either is fine but I just say Rangers. We have been known as "The Rangers" for decades. The daft cunts in the east think they are winding us up but really they are just making themselves look like idiots. For example, here is our crest from the 60's:

RangersFCLogo1959.png

12 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Briton. Gets his knickers in a twist over it.

If you mean I care about officials of the club calling the club 'Glasgow' Rangers; I plead guilty.  I don't know why people have such a problem with that.

12 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

7 posts and Briton has not been on yet. Ffs Admin, this was done to death earlier in the year; time to lock the thread. Btw, the answer is "surely it depends which song you're singing".

So you've brought my name up twice in this thread and twice you've misrepresented me.  Fuck off acting the prick and lying about what I've said. Also...who the fuck do you think you are calling for Bears to be censored?

I often think it's the older ones who refer to The Rangers. Many times in the park bar etc before match days you would hear tales starting ...years ago I watched The Rangers or I remember the Rangers playing..... Etc etc

3 hours ago, Briton said:

If you mean I care about officials of the club calling the club 'Glasgow' Rangers; I plead guilty.  I don't know why people have such a problem with that.

Quite right buddy.

It is simply THE Rangers.

or

Rangers.

3 hours ago, Briton said:

So you've brought my name up twice in this thread and twice you've misrepresented me.  Fuck off acting the prick and lying about what I've said. Also...who the fuck do you think you are calling for Bears to be censored?

I didn't say Bears should be censored; I said this subject had already been done to death. You're the one acting the prick trying to dictate how people should refer to our club. It is a matter of personal preference. QPR are often referred to as "Rangers" in the media. Using "Glasgow" only emphasises which club is being referred to outwith the cesspit that is Scottish football.