1968 footage of Rangers 4-2 win found

Think this game must have comparible with 4-2 game in 94 .Remember when we were 3-0 up after 20 mins .Total bedlum on the old terraces .Well in 68 ,we were 2-0 up after  17 mins in Glasgow Sunshine .

Must have been brilliant being at this one 

We never won again in the league until 1974 and 1980 and then 89 

4 wins in 21 years and we fucking moan nowadays 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Can't believe what I witnessed .A game where I thought there was no footage . Sept 1968 classic at piggery

beggars 2 rangers 4

Just watched the highlights on You tube .

Maybe someone can post the link for bears to enjoy .

Brilliant watch

glad you liked it :-)

If anybody on here that has Facebook, Rangers archive match footage is for me, the best Rangers page on there. Stephen millar the guy that runs it does an excellent job and often finds rare footage that hasn't been shown before. PS I'm not Stephen millar

13 minutes ago, We Hate Celtic said:

If anybody on here that has Facebook, Rangers archive match footage is for me, the best Rangers page on there. Stephen millar the guy that runs it does an excellent job and often finds rare footage that hasn't been shown before. PS I'm not Stephen millar

Neilston 42 knows the guy who runs it really well;)

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Think this game must have comparible with 4-2 game in 94 .Remember when we were 3-0 up after 20 mins .Total bedlum on the old terraces .Well in 68 ,we were 2-0 up after  17 mins in Glasgow Sunshine .

Must have been brilliant being at this one 

We never won again in the league until 1974 and 1980 and then 89 

4 wins in 21 years and we fucking moan nowadays 

Remember some of the wait  from '80 to '89 and thinking as a kid it was normal to get beat at the piggery. Then got spoilt and expected a win there every year. Like you say, changed days. Don't take anything for granted now especially after the last four years but definitely appreciate the wins a lot more now looking back on it. 

I can still remember listening to that game on the radio, and celebrating afterwards.

Lets not forget that was 16 months after they changed the face of European football with their swashbuckling 2-1 hammering of an Inter Milan reserve team who couldn't be arsed crossing the halfway line.

I remember the 4 - 2 game and still remember the song after that.  Word perfect!!   I had a mouth infection and had some kind of blisters???  The doc told me to try to keep my mouth closed and stay indoors.  I told my old dear a different story and went to the game.  Persson scored the first goal and I who was a teen at the time, shouted as loudly as I could which started a huge mouth bleed!!  Spitting blood everywhere but thankfully it stopped quickly.  What a great day that was.  As the dedicated song finished "and we all knew that we had won four two".  Funnily enough my mouth healed really quickly after that.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I remember the 4 - 2 game and still remember the song after that.  Word perfect!!   I had a mouth infection and had some kind of blisters???  The doc told me to try to keep my mouth closed and stay indoors.  I told my old dear a different story and went to the game.  Persson scored the first goal and I who was a teen at the time, shouted as loudly as I could which started a huge mouth bleed!!  Spitting blood everywhere but thankfully it stopped quickly.  What a great day that was.  As the dedicated song finished "and we all knew that we had won four two".  Funnily enough my mouth healed really quickly after that.

Brilliant story mate :P

Just looked in and it's all the older guys comments .Bit disappointed some of the younger ones don't see fit to comment on it 

This footage is rare and something I thought I'd never see .And I've been to over 150 of the games .

Social media has ruined some of these young ones nowadays .

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

There's a video on youtube of Rangers old firm goals from the 60s and after nearly every goal Billy McNeil has the arm up claiming offside:lol:

Always remember him doing that when big Tam studded it over the line in the '73 cup final!

Classic!