After Match Thoughts

Defence gives me the literal fear,I know it's only ONE game into this season but Kiernan and Wilson aren't going to cut it,we look dynamite going forward but defensively we are a fucking shambles :power_of_anguish:

Kranjcar will rip the utter piss out of Scottish football :lol: 

Windass looks a quality signing plus Orange Halloran looked far better as well,onward's and upwards :uk:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Defence gives me the literal fear,I know it's only ONE game into this season but Kiernan and Wilson aren't going to cut it,we look dynamite going forward but defensively we are a fucking shambles :power_of_anguish:

Windass looks a quality signing plus Orange Halloran looked far better as well,onward's and upwards :uk:

My thoughts exactly, thanks for saving me typing. :D

Shaky start, poor passing, defence out of shape and sloppy........... but we dominated for 75% of the game and there are plenty of positives for a first competitive match. Good to see Tav and Waggy getting the goals. With two more decent signings we'll have a very good squad and plenty of options on and off the bench no matter who starts. 

Enjoyed the game , defence  was all over the place but I hope this will get sorted in the coming  matches we look good going forward . Watched the game on my tod on my phone in sunny corfu  think il go get another cold beer  ?  and raise to the Rangers. ..?

We are suspect defensively, it wouldn't be that much an issue but due to the way we play we leave the 2 CBs exposed throughout the 90 minutes and it will cost us points, we need someone more reliable than Wilson.

Wes is a cracking goalie and will win us points this season, I thought he was a wee bit dodgy that season at the start but I have a lot more confidence in him. 

I am not 100% sure Kenny will last a full 90 minutes each week, I think he should be utilised as a impact sub throughout the season.

Holt is by far one of the best signings we have made in years, his off the ball movement and ability to lose his man is frighteningly good and does a ton of off the ball work to cause the opposition issues. 

Finally, we have by far the most handsome team within Scotland and possibly the UK.

First half hour was really bad, after that we played some great stuff. McKay and Kranjcar could/should have got some goals too.

I completely underestimated the Windass signing, thought he'd be average at best but 2 games in a row now he's shown great quality. Still to add in Barton, Rossiter, Hill, possibly Dodoo, Crooks and maybe another two players. Looking decent early on.

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You summed it up perfectly, with all the passing we do, finally we have a player to play the killer ball, plus the directness of moh  and Windass will be crucial when hitting teams on the break.

Anyway after match thoughts:

Wes looked ok. Made a few good saves to keep us in the game but on one or two occasions looked a bit flappy.

Defence was dodgy once again. Any time a player runs off either of the centre backs they are away, whilst Tav can be out-muscled easily. Wallace was ok.

Midfield was ok too but at times you could still see that need for a solid DM with that sole purpose of knowledgably sitting and protecting when required. Half an hour onwards the midfield started to tick again and in the second half especially I felt the midfield really got to grips with the match and were setting the tempo. 

Up top, as usual, Miller was oftener offside than on whilst Waghorn took time to come into the game. Barrie McKay was our best player for large spells of the game and his improvement is evident. His first touch is sublime and his decision making has come on leaps and bounds. Should have burried that chance midway through the second half.

As for the subs, I felt Kranjcar slotted in perfectly and had he had more game time he would have bagged his 2 chances no bother. His passing was crisp perfect and game intelligence incredible. I can't remember the last Rangers player who could play any pass he wanted to feet with such ease. One area of concern is his pace though. Didn't look to have much pace left at all but hopefully his intelligence and experience will make up for that.

Windass and O'Hall looked good when they came on and I'm sure both will be big players for us this season.

Overall, we done well once we got in to the game to hold the ball, pass it about and keep it moving. Defence still an issue and set pieces too. Still plenty of time to work on it but will need to be addressed ASAP.

Wasn't a great fan of warburton buying him and he was exactly how i thought he was going to be last year, but I thought MOH looked great.

maybe he needed a good pre season and hopefully we will see the best of him as I'm hoping he does well. He's got all the ingredients you want a footballer to have 

Good performance Motherwell the home team and we restricted them to a counter attacking game all of which came off our mistakes. Be sharper with passing and movement and that will stop the attacking against us... Todays game will give Warburton some much needed information about what he can expect in the top league. I fully expect he will now come up with a shape within this 4-3-3 that will make us less open to a counter

Only saw the 2nd half totally dominated it we really do need to put our chances away when we get them the game should have been won long before it was defence needs sorting pronto. The ref was a utter clown hand ball by the goalie yards outside his box should have been a free kick and red card we got nothing also stone wall penalty again nothing looks like we will have to beat the refs as well as the opposition this season.

Anyhoo delighted to win as always............mon the sons o' William.