After Match Thoughts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The substitutions made all the difference. A step up in quality and tempo and we still have Joey to slot in. Best 30 minutes I've seen in a long time.

Dump the central defenders and we will destroy all in our wake. Keep them and the scum take another title. Simple as that and we will all be crying over what might have been, had we dumped those two. They are as weak as piss, end of.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fodders, Waldo and Mckay should be only 3 from starting line up guaranteed a game.

the 3 subs were far better than those they replaced..

thought forrester had decent game actually 

5 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Happy with the performance overall.

The defence will improve as they so rocky, they stopped Motherwell from scoring.

By shear fucking luck! Motherwell missed he fucking target FFS!

We have only been waiting a fucking year for them to improve ad remember that fucking has been Stokes destroyed Tav's, Kiernan and Wilson in one fucking go!

Are you Rod?

If I thought we were going to be that bad defensively all season then I would be worried. We let a pish poor team with the fitness level of a lower league junior outfit create about half a dozen clear chances against us, and in truth it was only their poor finishing that allowed us to win.

On the other hand, our top players do still seem to be a cut above anything an alleged 'top-flight' team have, and I have actually never seen us have so much space against a Premiership side. If we can get the defence sorted then we will challenge for the title, however Motherwell look certainties for the drop so I won't be getting carried away on the basis of that performance..

Even allowing for lack of match fitness our CB's are still both bloody awful. Could've been 2 down in the 1st 3 mins alone. Hill and Crooks should be rubbing their hands at the thought of the game time they should get. These positions are there for the taking. On the plus side we should rip teams apart going forward.

Defence and defending set pieces has shown no improvement from last season and we either need to bring someone in to sort it or work on it more during the week.....how we've not learned anything from last season is a bit of a joke (very early days this season I know). 

Subs strengthened us and I'd hope Barton, Rossiter and Crooks (once fit) could do that too. Still think we need a greedy bastard of a centre forward but someone like that isn't the Warburton way. 

Positives - controlled the game second half and created far more than we took. I was dubious about Windass but liked his (and MOH) directness.  Played 1 won 1....no goals conceded despite the pounding I've given the defence lol 

I just noticed that the 2nd round (when we could play celtic) is on August 9th, the week before they play their Champions League qualifier.

Sorry, the week before Lincoln Red Imps play their Champions League qualifier.. the League Cup 2nd round isn't usually that early

36 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Happy with the performance overall.

The defence will improve as they so rocky, they stopped Motherwell from scoring.

They didn't stop them doing fuck all mate, Motherwell's players finishing stopped Motherwell from scoring. 

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

By shear fucking luck! Motherwell missed he fucking target FFS!

We have only been waiting a fucking year for them to improve ad remember that fucking has been Stokes destroyed Tav's, Kiernan and Wilson in one fucking go!

Are you Rod?

Just fishing mate, I mean rod !!!

With the exception of the subs that could have been any number of our games from last season

1  loads of ball retention, 2 scintillating stuff at times, 3 left to right passing movement awaiting final ball, 4 good chances missed, 5 defensive lapses under little pressure, 6 bit panicky at set pieces, 7 sometimes overplayed and looked to walk it in. 8 very entertaining, 9 finishing was precise and lethal, 10 after 1 half I am in love with another Croat ( his outside of the foot daisy cutter out to Wee Barrie almost produced an orgasm :001: )

Got a feeling we are in for one hell of an entertaining season, one which will have some lows but loads of highs :pipe:

Trying hard not to get carried away but these new signings combined with the pluses from last year, makes me very exited :541:

Anyone see similarities in Warburton with Wenger?

Always has an exciting array of attacking talent but always too weak defensively?

It must be frustrating each year for Arsenal fans because they are always so close but consistently let down by a soft centre which is so clear and obvious to everyone bar Wenger. 

Now I know we have Clint Hill here and MW has said he's looking another defender so hopefully any fears will prove unfounded but it's something that for me reminds me of Arsenal.

If we could just tighten up that central defence with 1 more quality, pacey addition I think we have a real good chance this season.

Again centre defence needs sorted and someone in tavs place and that's the defence sorted and due to the style of our play they will have to be on their game for 90 mins. Going forward we are looking super and a wee mention for MOH I thought he looked very determined as if he thinks he has a point to prove he looked brilliant going forward with the ball at his feet, excellent close control at speed isn't the easiest thing but he was good with it, I hope he can kick on this season. keep niko fit and we have a gem he makes the game looks very simple but is effective with the wee passes in and around the box. 

25 minutes ago, blueretro said:

What does Davy Weir do exactly? That's my during and after match thought.

Really ....mines was how good we are playing in our 1st competitive game and after how good it was ramming it right down Motherwell fans throaghts