After Match Thoughts

10 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its still pre-season there are few match fit players available at this point in time. Your post is utter garbage as usual. What 'size' do you, genuinely, think the club is outside Scotland? I guess you want us signing the Kantes and Pogbas of the football world? 

Realism isn't mediocrity its be the best you can be in the reality of your situation. Unfortunately Rangers are currently competing financially with upper League One and Lower Championship English Football League sides. The size of the clubs fan base and History only gets you so far. Do I want Rangers fighting for the Champions League Trophy rather than the Group stages and Europa League? Of course I do but thats noit a reality and we must deal with where we are first and foremost.

Unless you have a couple of hundred million floating about we don't have the finances to be where the history and fan base of the club truly deserves. We can't go back to throwing cash around so have to build our way back. 

I believe the structures put in place recently have us on the right path and that there will be a stronger Rangers in the future with many many more trophies to come.

You are just waffling nonsense stick to the thread topic, this defence was shown in the last say ten games of the season to be utter shite and in the cup game fucking woeful.

It was still shite yesterday and they should have been punted and replaced.

You can talk all day about money, kante and Pogba you do know they are midfielders by the way, but adds nothing to the topic at hand.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smile said:

You are just waffling nonsense stick to the thread topic, this defence was shown in the last say ten games of the season to be utter shite and in the cup game fucking woeful.

It was still shite yesterday and they should have been punted and replaced.

You can talk all day about money, kante and Pogba you do know they are midfielders by the way, but adds nothing to the topic at hand.

You talk about mediocrity and a club of our 'size' so I countered with a reality check that you seem keen to avoid. You suggest our defensive issues haven't been addressed yet we have dought in two defenders and two defensive midfielders with a stated aim of bringing in another centre half, they will play in the coming games and we will see which of those chosen yesterday remain in the starting line up for the first league game. I think that, once again, covers the 'topic in hand' like my initial response that you seemed incapable of understanding then went into a bizarre rant about mediocrity.

You suggest we should be bringing in 'match fit' players yet its only the second game this season and there are few, if any, 'match fit' players available. Furthermore the players you want have to fit into the managers style of play and the clubs budget. If you think that's an easy job then you are even more deluded than you appear. There was an obvious complacency at the end of the season and there are improvements to be made but you imply that its as simple as bringing players in. Which players are available? How much will they cost? Are they of the standard required? Will they even want to play in Scotland?

If you genuinely believe you can do the job better than Mark Warburton and Frank McParland then why don't you send your CV in to the club with all your coaching qualifications documented and ask to be given a chance to do the job? 

I'm in two minds over the game yesterday. 

In a positive sense we looked very good going forward in the second half. I think a lot of team will struggle to handle us. It was also pleasing that it wasn't even our strongest team out. 

However defensively we look all over the place. Not just our 2 CBs but as a unit. We need to provide more protection for these guys. Hopefully with people like Barton that will happen. 

We are in desperate need of a CB. That can control the box. No matter how good we are going forward a defence like we had yesterday will loose us the league. I can't see us getting many 1-0 victories with a defence like that and it's a big ask to go out and score 2/3 goals every game. 

23 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You talk about mediocrity and a club of our 'size' so I countered with a reality check that you seem keen to avoid. You suggest our defensive issues haven't been addressed yet we have dought in two defenders and two defensive midfielders with a stated aim of bringing in another centre half, they will play in the coming games and we will see which of those chosen yesterday remain in the starting line up for the first league game. I think that, once again, covers the 'topic in hand' like my initial response that you seemed incapable of understanding then went into a bizarre rant about mediocrity.

You suggest we should be bringing in 'match fit' players yet its only the second game this season and there are few, if any, 'match fit' players available. Furthermore the players you want have to fit into the managers style of play and the clubs budget. If you think that's an easy job then you are even more deluded than you appear. There was an obvious complacency at the end of the season and there are improvements to be made but you imply that its as simple as bringing players in. Which players are available? How much will they cost? Are they of the standard required? Will they even want to play in Scotland?

If you genuinely believe you can do the job better than Mark Warburton and Frank McParland then why don't you send your CV in to the club with all your coaching qualifications documented and ask to be given a chance to do the job? 

The reality is we are playing the same backline that let us down last year, it should have be sorted. beats me why you have going on about the scum kante pogba now sending my CV into the Club.

We will just have to close this forum down if only Warburton and McParlands are allowed opinions.:power_of_anguish:

Just now, Smile said:

The reality is we are playing the same backline that let us down last year, it should have be sorted. beats me why you have going on about the scum kante pogba now sending my CV into the Club.

We will just have to close this forum down if only Warburton and McParlands are allowed opinions.:power_of_anguish:

Just giving my opinion on your opinion and the defence is being sorted, that was the point of my first reply to you. Hodson, Hill, Gilks, Barton and Rossiter will all be part of defensive improvements and another centre half to come. My point about Septic was that Kiernan showed that he could actually play against them for the most part. You talked of mediocrity when that was not what I was suggesting and, as it stands, Mark Warburtons is the only opinion that counts on a match day. You know that defending starts from the front so all were culpable for the problems at the end of last season. The defensive record over all last season has been highlighted (less than a goal a game in all competitions) so the let down was the complacency in the whole team rather than one aspect.

26 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

I'm in two minds over the game yesterday. 

In a positive sense we looked very good going forward in the second half. I think a lot of team will struggle to handle us. It was also pleasing that it wasn't even our strongest team out. 

However defensively we look all over the place. Not just our 2 CBs but as a unit. We need to provide more protection for these guys. Hopefully with people like Barton that will happen. 

We are in desperate need of a CB. That can control the box. No matter how good we are going forward a defence like we had yesterday will loose us the league. I can't see us getting many 1-0 victories with a defence like that and it's a big ask to go out and score 2/3 goals every game. 

We need a pacey player at the back our backline is really slow, To watch Kiernan getting outjumped/dominated at times by McDonald was a bit surreal as he's been finished for years.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Just giving my opinion on your opinion and the defence is being sorted, that was the point of my first reply to you. Hodson, Hill, Gilks, Barton and Rossiter will all be part of defensive improvements and another centre half to come. My point about Septic was that Kiernan showed that he could actually play against them for the most part. You talked of mediocrity when that was not what I was suggesting and, as it stands, Mark Warburtons is the only opinion that counts on a match day. You know that defending starts from the front so all were culpable for the problems at the end of last season. The defensive record over all last season has been highlighted (less than a goal a game in all competitions) so the let down was the complacency in the whole team rather than one aspect.

The defence should have been sorted not in the process of being sorted we all knew when these games started. The rest is Waffle.