Niko Kranjcar

Also - how that tackle on him wasn't a red is a mystery to me. I haven't watched it back on TV yet but it was so obvious what that Stranraer player was about to do - he didn't even go for the ball and it was from behind. 

Nice to see our players stand up for each other too - thought Kiernan was gna heeder the ugly cunt immediately after it in the box 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kranjcar still looks very rusty and things aren't quite happening for him yet.  He even seems frustrated with himself at times.  I think he knows he can do better and is trying to get there but it'll obviously take some time to get up to speed.  I'm a huge fan of the guy and there's obviously a brilliant player in there trying to come out. 

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think Kranjcar still looks very rusty and things aren't quite happening for him yet.  He even seems frustrated with himself at times.  I think he knows he can do better and is trying to get there but it'll obviously take some time to get up to speed.  I'm a huge fan of the guy and there's obviously a brilliant player in there trying to come out. 

I get what you mean in terms of the best is yet to come. I can just imagine him reaching his fitness goal and gelling with the team soon. Wow. 

Might be in the minority here but i wasnt that taken with his performance tonight - thought barton had much the better game. That said hes a wonderful footballer and when on song a joy to watch but mabey just mabey a bit of a luxury player at times. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Stunning pass to Miller comes to mind. He also played a few to Waldo who was surprisingly wasteful tonight. 

Yip. He was a bit unwaldo with his collection of one or two through balls.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

I may be completely wrong but I have a feeling he won't be here very long. Once the SPFL hammer throwers are putting the boot in every week in the miserable Scottish weather we'll find out.

English weather is hardly better come winter time and he stuck it out down there long enough, also a fair amount of hammer throwers down there as well. 

I think he got too down on himself after we ended up chasing the game so early. He knows that it's players like him the team look to contribute to that extra something special, but when you're chasing a game then everything looks vital. We hardly had a chance to get into that game and we were chasing it. Very hard to be composed in a situation like that. He'll come good when the season starts.

The mhanks midfield couldn't get a beachball off of him in a phonebox.

He's still to get sharper as well, he's nowhere near 100% match fit but his experience and composure will be invaluable this season. He's the kind of guy who can win you a game out of nothing.

Looking forward to seeing more of him in a Rangers strip, he'll be a joy to watch 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think Kiev is a tropical paradise either tbh.:D

The age old question, can he do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke? 

Niko has been there, done it and got the t-shirt...

Tottenham earned a vital win over 10-man Stoke to further press their claim for a Champions League spot, moving four points clear of Liverpool.

First-half substitute Eidur Gudjohnsen scored his first goal since joining Spurs on loan from Monaco straight after half-time to put them ahead.

Stoke had Dean Whitehead sent off two minutes later before Matthew Etherington equalised with a penalty.

Niko Kranjcar earned Spurs the points, firing in Benoit Assou-Ekotto's cross.

A lot of folks on here thought Forrester was shit in his first few games and people claimed it was due to lack of match fitness. He then improved.greatly as the games went on. Some thought MOH underperformed last year (for same reasons?)... and he has been my favourite thus far in pre season because he looks the part.

Give NK a chance and see if we are aaking same questions come September...?

55 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

A lot of folks on here thought Forrester was shit in his first few games and people claimed it was due to lack of match fitness. He then improved.greatly as the games went on. Some thought MOH underperformed last year (for same reasons?)... and he has been my favourite thus far in pre season because he looks the part.

MOH has been my favourite so far this season as well, thought he has looked superb this pre season

57 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Not everyone thought that a few did but a lot noticed he had potential.