**** Official Rangers v Annan Athletic Match Thread ****

For all our good play we are still lacking a killer instinct I feel. We are very comfortable playing along the box but it is rare that it ends in a goal. I'd encourage a few more strikes from the edge of the box. 

I'm nit-picking of course, but hey, since when have fans been satisfied :)

Kranjcar's touches, passing and strength are 10/1o. What a player.

I know it's only Annan but there are some cracking performances going on out there

And to think we've still got Barton, Rossiter, Crooks and Dodoo to see :drool:

Decent half, obviously would like more goals but confident they will come in the second half. A little dissapointed with MOH, very reminiscent of last year in that he doesn't seem to be involved enough. I think this type of game just doesn't suit his attributes, he seemed far more effective against a tiring, open Motherwell at the weekend. Would also like to see a bit more from Waggy although it's obviously not easy to find space in such a congested box, just feel he could maybe be demanding the ball to feet a little more around the box and pin his man, give him the option to turn him or pick a pass/lay off. 

6 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Biggest thing for me is Hill organizing everyone at the back. Seeing him direct the other players when Annan were attacking was great to see. 

That's his game all over , a leader and hard as nails 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

Decent half, obviously would like more goals but confident they will come in the second half. A little dissapointed with MOH, very reminiscent of last year in that he doesn't seem to be involved enough. I think this type of game just doesn't suit his attributes, he seemed far more effective against a tiring, open Motherwell at the weekend. Would also like to see a bit more from Waggy although it's obviously not easy to find space in such a congested box, just feel he could maybe be demanding the ball to feet a little more around the box and pin his man, give him the option to turn him or pick a pass/lay off. 

Yeah I think he struggles a bit with teams like this, he is a lot more effective when teams come out a bit, they have literally got 11 men behind the ball 90% of the time. I have also noticed 2-3 men on him pretty much all the time when he gets the ball which makes thing slightly harder