Barton V Annan

MARK WARBURTON is hopeful fans will get their first glimpse of Joey Barton when Rangers face Annan Athletic at Ibrox on Tuesday.

Barton is a couple of weeks behind the rest of the squad in his preparations for the new season but the boss is hopeful his star signing can make his debut if all goes to plan over the weekend.

Warburton has insisted he will make wholesale changes to his starting XI as he treats the BetFred Cup as part of his side’s pre-season schedule.

The manager said: “We will make changes on Tuesday, about seven and Joey will figure if all goes well training wise so so far so good.

“Joey is working hard, you don’t want to rush any player and it’s the same with any player but if we can get the loading right and we’re happy that half an hour makes good sense on Tuesday then we will do it and hopefully we can.

“I was delighted to get Josh and Niko on and they look very positive, Michael came on and made a good impact on the right hand side and everyone got pitch time.

“We have four games in nine days which isn’t ideal but we have to maximise it, recover well and push forward.”

Niko Kranjcar made a classy debut in the blue jersey, impressing with a cool half an hour display and his manager is touting him to make an impact.

Warburton said: “We have mentioned before that he had 80 odd caps for Croatia but he recognises what he has to do, he recognises the fitness levels that he wants to establish to really make an impact.

“He has the ability to undoubtedly make a real impact on Scottish football so hopefully we can get him into a good position, look after him and he can do his work on the pitch.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/barton-make-ibrox-bow/

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Is this game on the telly?

No.  If you want to see it you'll need to head along to the stadium.  I'm in Ibiza right now so sadly I'm gonna miss it unless some fine gent periscopes it.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

No.  If you want to see it you'll need to head along to the stadium.  I'm in Ibiza right now so sadly I'm gonna miss it unless some fine gent periscopes it.

I can't head along to the stadium,  would love nothing more ....

25 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The Louden tweeted out that it wasn't on TV.  I hope it's on Rangers TV because I might get a link somewhere.

It's 100% on Rangers TV, and if you aren't subscribed to them you can get a link to it on http://www.vipleague.is/ which is probably the best and most reliable streaming website. 

Sometimes you need to put it on 'full screen' to get one of the ads away, but apart from that it's smooth. 

5 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

It's 100% on Rangers TV, and if you aren't subscribed to them you can get a link to it on http://www.vipleague.is/ which is probably the best and most reliable streaming website. 

Sometimes you need to put it on 'full screen' to get one of the ads away, but apart from that it's smooth. 

Thanks.

Anybody happen to know if there's a Rangers pub in Ibiza?  I'm in Portinax and went along to Del Boys Bar but they weren't showing the Motherwell game cozy it was on BT.