Kenny Miller.

At the game yesterday thought he was poor, lost possession, broke up our play and on the whole contributed little.

Watched it again today and other than a cross onto Waggys head he provided zilch other than enthusiasm. 

Hope he is a bench player at most this season. If even that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May not have been at his best yesterday. But he will have role to play coming off the bench and starting certain games.

At one point in the first half he sprinted past our midfield and covered for Tav forcing their wide man to shank his cross. Sums the man up. Great pro

Yeah thought he was poor yesterday but it was only the first competitive game. I would like to see O'Halloran start ahead of him through the middle though. 

Just on a sidenote, there was a moment yesterday when Motherwell were breaking away and we were looking in trouble and (despite being the CF) Miller sprinted back past shut the guy down. Amazing and really epitomised the effort he gives and what it means to him.  

Im not about to comment on Miller after one single game. I hope he has a good season, plays for us a lot, and stays injury free. Saying all that it would probably be best if we don't overly rely on him this term.  Im hoping he gets edged out gradually by better attackers, and becomes a squad player rather than starter.

Jesus! Remember who you're talking about here ffs :lol: This guy's came back to bite his doubters on the arse so many times before it's actual comical, including last season. I don't think he'll be a regular starter as much anymore  but I've no doubt he'll be with us for a good few seasons yet as a squad player contributing a huge amount to us lifting even more trophies, I've honestly no doubt about that. 

He wasnt great on saturday, however he still gave it his all. Still think he will play a big part to this season, even if that might not be on the field it will be off it. Will be hard for him to start this season due to the amount of attacking options, especially if Dodoo and another striker comes in. 

I'm with the OP. Fuck it, our standards should be higher. If you have one shite game, regardless if you've been, probably, the best player in the 2nd half of the previous season then you can GTF.

Not having it..Wouldn't matter if it was Messi or Miller, same rules apply. One shite game your out!

8 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

He wasnt great on saturday, however he still gave it his all. Still think he will play a big part to this season, even if that might not be on the field it will be off it. Will be hard for him to start this season due to the amount of attacking options, especially if Dodoo and another striker comes in. 

Kind of what I'm saying.

Don't want my CF coming back to sweeper position to collect the ball. He lost possession double digit times yesterday despite his enthusiasm not to.

I reckon we have now and certainly will have after hopefully Dodoo +1 sign far better options.

Unfortunately I reckon folk will back loyalty over ability and hope MW goes with the latter. Off the bench doing what he did v Hivees first game of last season then yes he can make a big contribution. 

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm with the OP. Fuck it, our standards should be higher. If you have one shite game, regardless if you've been, probably, the best player in the 2nd half of the previous season then you can GTF.

Not having it..Wouldn't matter if it was Messi or Miller, same rules apply. One shite game your out!

Disagree.

But agree he was shite, well said.