Not a thread, short, but well worth a listen

cooperman7

2 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

I would assume DW would move with him so do we have anyone in the club just now getting trained to follow on from MW.

I'm not so sure, I know what you are saying,  with Davie Weir having been with Mark Warburton a while now and both working well together it may indeed happen and any club after their services may request both come as a team. However, I am hoping that, if/when Warburton was to go, the draw of being manager of Rangers would be a big enough incentive for Weir to take up the managers post, in a similar way to the Souness - Smith progression.

Why would I like Davie Weir to take over?, because he has a similar philosophy to football as Mark Warburton,( he must have similar or they wouldn't have been together for so long),  so the team's style of play wouldn't dramatically change, ok!, he'll have his own ideas but the squad will be attuned to certain aspects of Weirs style  already so it wouldn't be a whole new concept that the squad would have to try and adapt to. Also he does seem a very focused individual who takes pride in his work and I believe he has Rangers at heart.

I certainly don't want Warburton to go, but it will happen one day, not too soon I hope.

3 hours ago, montana100 said:

I think we'll get 3 and a half to 4 yrs out of him. But he's going to move on, lets hope he mentors the next manager.

That's exactly the way I wanna keep it in the club, same systems and philosophy's passed on like Ajax and Barcelona.

our youth system would eventually be immense

11 hours ago, plumbGER said:

On the wind up?

It was you who said he was too good for Scotland.

Ok so you're a newbie,but that's utter horrendous bullshit.

If the man himself is happy (did he not just sign a new deal?) Then who are you to say he is "too good" for Scotland?

Can you not just be happy that he is content doing his thing here to our benefit?

I think you are underestimating us (Rangers) by saying he is too good to manage in Scotland.

He is too good for scotland and I stand by that, But I did not say he was too good for Rangers that's the big difference, just as Rangers are too big a club to be stuck in this league, but hey ho thems the breaks.Aye he is happy here and hopefully he'll be here for a long time, but that does not make my comments on his talents as it relates to the scottish league any less valid. and nobody else  but this sports writer seem to REALLY understand what a great manager MW truely is (thankfully) down south. that was the reason I put the link up. For the record so you don't misunderstand ,I want MW to stay for at least the duration of his contract and then some, as I think he is the best manager in Scotland bar none, certainly better than Brenda bloody Todgers,and he'll go on to prove that this season by winning the league, and he'll do it with a considerably smaller budget than them. Which to me is the true sign the how good MW really is

2 minutes ago, cooperman7 said:

He is too good for scotland and I stand by that, But I did not say he was too good for Rangers that's the big difference, just as Rangers are too big a club to be stuck in this league, but hey ho thems the breaks.Aye he is happy here and hopefully he'll be here for a long time, but that does not make my comments on his talents as it relates to the scottish league any less valid. and nobody else  but this sports writer seem to REALLY understand what a great manager MW truely is (thankfully) down south. that was the reason I put the link up. For the record so you don't misunderstand ,I want MW to stay for at least the duration of his contract and then some, as I think he is the best manager in Scotland bar none, certainly better than Brenda bloody Todgers,and he'll go on to prove that this season by winning the league, and he'll do it with a considerably smaller budget than them. Which to me is the true sign the how good MW really is

You should start a proper thread about Rangers leaving to play in England or something.

I don't think that's been done before.

Just now, plumbGER said:

You should start a proper thread about Rangers leaving to play in England or something.

I don't think that's been done before.

No point, it's never gonna happen in my lifetime, mind you if SKY get their finger oot then you never know

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

While a few of my fellow esteemed RM contributors are metaphorically shafting you with the rough end of a Pineapple over your comment that "A manager of his talents is too good for Scottish football", I'll take the conciliatory approach seeing as how you are a Newbie to the forum.

Your opening thread was fair enough in itself, but the guys on Talksport didn't tell us anything new regarding Mark Warburtons' credentials in Football or that he will be mentioned anytime a vacancy exists in English football, even MW himself insists he is going nowhere soon regarding employment. Where you fucked up was being lured into the trap of replying to a very serious response from AlBear85; and getting into a conversation with that fucking lunatic,plumGER (we only let him out on weekends btw!) :D

Going by your reckoning; Brendan Rodgers who has more experience at a higher level than Mark Warburton is too good for the tarriers, also?

Mark Warburton deems it an honour and a privilege to be manager of Rangers, no matter what division we play in. I could just imagine the reaction of MW if a reporter from one of the rhags at his press conferences insinuated that he was "Too good for Scottish football"  :anguish:doh

I put up the link just to show that along with us, this sports writer was the only one who seem to REALLY understand how good MW is. As in regards to too good for Scotland, I stand by that ,but I did not say he was too good for Rangers (nobody is), that's the big difference, just as we as a club are too big for the Scottish league. But folks just read too good for Scotland and go radio rental.for the record I want MW to stay for at least the duration of his contract and then some. Guess I'll have to be more selective in what I post in the future, but nuance is hard to put across in print, some get it and some don't.

Tell you what though the road to hell IS paved with good intentions.

9 hours ago, cooperman7 said:

I put up the link just to show that along with us, this sports writer was the only one who seem to REALLY understand how good MW is. As in regards to too good for Scotland, I stand by that ,but I did not say he was too good for Rangers (nobody is), that's the big difference, just as we as a club are too big for the Scottish league. But folks just read too good for Scotland and go radio rental.for the record I want MW to stay for at least the duration of his contract and then some. Guess I'll have to be more selective in what I post in the future, but nuance is hard to put across in print, some get it and some don't.

Tell you what though the road to hell IS paved with good intentions.

Have you never heard of Adrian Durham?

As for the "too good for" (insert your Country of choice) That in itself is down to the individual manager where he is happiest doing his job, which in Mark Warburtons' case is at Rangers at the moment.

Football coaching/management has changed dramatically since I first started playing football, where managers stayed at a club an eternity unless they got sacked, unlike today where 10 years at a club is very rare (unless your name is Fergie or Arsene) so it will be no surprise to any Rangers fan when M.W. finally moves on to pastures new.

Where Mark Warburton will end up in the future will depend on how successful he will be with Rangers over the next 3-4 years as at the moment, winning the 2nd tier of  Scottish football and the Petrofac cup is not an indication that he could be a successful manager in one of the bigger leagues of Europe.

Having been involved in football for over 60 years, I believe that Mark Warburton has the right philosophy of how the game should be played; He has the right idea of how a club should operate from top to bottom, but he hasn't shown a great deal of tactical nous changing the shape of his system when needed the past season at times.

This season will be when he shows us exactly what he's got, with virtually an entire team joining up with his players from last season.

"Too good for Scotland"? He certainly has the qualities for that title; but he still has to prove it. :pipe:

11 hours ago, cooperman7 said:

Mince. He has not proved himself yet. The signs are good but he has done nothing major that would make your statement valid. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mince. He has not proved himself yet. The signs are good but he has done nothing major that would make your statement valid. 

fair enough, but  it's easy to say someone is a good manager after they've won a major trophy, it's predicting that they will that's the harder trick

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Have you never heard of Adrian Durham?

As for the "too good for" (insert your Country of choice) That in itself is down to the individual manager where he is happiest doing his job, which in Mark Warburtons' case is at Rangers at the moment.

Football coaching/management has changed dramatically since I first started playing football, where managers stayed at a club an eternity unless they got sacked, unlike today where 10 years at a club is very rare (unless your name is Fergie or Arsene) so it will be no surprise to any Rangers fan when M.W. finally moves on to pastures new.

Where Mark Warburton will end up in the future will depend on how successful he will be with Rangers over the next 3-4 years as at the moment, winning the 2nd tier of  Scottish football and the Petrofac cup is not an indication that he could be a successful manager in one of the bigger leagues of Europe.

Having been involved in football for over 60 years, I believe that Mark Warburton has the right philosophy of how the game should be played; He has the right idea of how a club should operate from top to bottom, but he hasn't shown a great deal of tactical nous changing the shape of his system when needed the past season at times.

This season will be when he shows us exactly what he's got, with virtually an entire team joining up with his players from last season.

"Too good for Scotland"? He certainly has the qualities for that title; but he still has to prove it. :pipe:

Adrian Durham rates MW, but even he would not link MW with the England job, which this sports writer did, so to me Chris Davies' knowledge on our gaffer is greater than Durham's. Anyway the rest of your comment is fair enough as I I cannot logically argue with the points you've made, I maybe skipping ahead of myself, but I'm very confident ( and a  certainty if he signs a new defender before the transferwindow shuts) that MW will come good and win the league title this season

20 minutes ago, cooperman7 said:

Adrian Durham rates MW, but even he would not link MW with the England job, which this sports writer did, so to me Chris Davies' knowledge on our gaffer is greater than Durham's. Anyway the rest of your comment is fair enough as I I cannot logically argue with the points you've made, I maybe skipping ahead of myself, but I'm very confident ( and a  certainty if he signs a new defender before the transferwindow shuts) that MW will come good and win the league title this season

You are possibly correct about Durham never having mentioned Warburton about the England job but he certainly waxed lyrical about him the few times I've listened to parts of his show (possibly to wind the tarriers up) and in fact having lived in Australia for 50 years I would never have heard about Durham (nor Davies) if not for them being mentioned on RM.

There is nothing wrong with you having confidence in MW becoming a great manager,because I am in agreement with you; although to be touting him for consideration as the next England manager is a bit premature in the extreme.

As for winning the League this season, I am quietly confident we will win it with our likely squad, plus a commanding central defender,but after being in coaching/managing for 50 years I know a lot depends on what the mob across the city will do in the transfer market before the window closes. There is no way their current squad as it stands will beat us to our #55 title. :pipe:

1 hour ago, cooperman7 said:

fair enough, but  it's easy to say someone is a good manager after they've won a major trophy, it's predicting that they will that's the harder trick

Yes but you are not predicting anything - I predict he will be a very good manager but not one of our greats, why? because he will not hang around that long to be called a "great"   

Unless he rides every team like a cheap whore to win everything for the next three years, then he will awesomeness of greatness. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes but you are not predicting anything - I predict he will be a very good manager but not one of our greats, why? because he will not hang around that long to be called a "great"   

Unless he rides every team like a cheap whore to win everything for the next three years, then he will awesomeness of greatness. 

we are both more or less in agreement on MW, it's just to what degree that we differ on, you say he'll not be here long enough to be classed as great(but I was talking about MW's managerial career not just with us but in the future as well) which is not that different to me saying he's too good for Scotland, anyway lets hope he brings as much sucess to us while he's here as possible(which hopefully is for a few years yet)