New signings

Just now, johanhentze said:

Im really looking forward to seeing him as well.. Overall we have a very exciting team, I think. Was looking forward to seeing Windass and so far he hasn't disappointed!! Good times!

Windass looked a unit the other day.  Bit of dig in our team now. (tu) Bring it.

Probably Barton, see how he protects the back four compared to Halliday. Halliday is great but that's not his natural position, think we'll see a marked improvement in whatever CB pairing Warburton goes with if Joey is sat in front of them. 

Kranjcar and Dodoo for me. I suspect they will be a couple of disrespectful bastards! 

But then, Windass looks like he could be some player and also excited to see Rossiter. 

Basically I think we are gonna be shit hot this season.

Excited by all of them. What a choice of combinations in the midfield.

Barton, Kranjcar, Windass, Rossiter, Halliday, MacKay.

If we sign Doddoo where do you play MOH and Waggie so many choices. Ma heid's fair burstin.

Can't wait for the start.

22 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

If we sign Doddoo where do you play MOH and Waggie so many choices. Ma heid's fair burstin.

We certainly have a plethora of midfield combinations that will give Mark Warburton a nice headache of what player to pick, When you look at it from a managers point of view we have virtually added an 'entire' new team for this season, if you count Harry Forrester and Michael O'Halloran along with Gilks, Hodson, Hill, Crooks, Rossiter, Windass, Barton, Kranjcar, and potentially Dodoo.

I've added Forrester and O'Halloran in that bracket because we never got to see these two at their full potential over a season, which is vital for a player trying to make his mark at a new club. I know M.W. has stated he would like another two players signed even if we do eventually get Dodoo, so I hope to fuck one is a dominating central defender and another is cover for Wallace, because to be honest with you,the Kiernan-Wilson combination has been a huge disappointment to me as I made the statement they both would be great signings for us.

How good is it going to be for us Bears down under to stay awake until 3.00am - get out of bed at 4.00am to watch these guys play an exciting game of football compared to some of the mind numbing dross from past years  :cheers:

As Big Kev would say.....I'M EXCITED :party::001:

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I've added Forrester and O'Halloran in that bracket because we never got to see these two at their full potential over a season

Forrester was starting to get into his rhythm and boy god would he have been good against the tims and mini tims. O'halloran got unlucky, the constant game misses and not having a lot of time to gel with an already acquainted squad (unlike everyone else, he didn't really have a "go to" person like what King had in Holt, Forrester had in Kiernan). So seeing the latter especially exciting because we saw glimpses of his potential, running straight at defenders but it wouldn't end up with much. Now with a proper pre-season and time to gel, he'll have more purpose having driving past 3-4 defenders.

11 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

so I hope to fuck one is a dominating central defender and another is cover for Wallace, because to be honest with you,the Kiernan-Wilson combination has been a huge disappointment to me as I made the statement they both would be great signings for us.

Halliday makes for good Wallace cover, likewise with Hodsen (who will likely cover Tav as well). The problem with Kiernan and Wilson is there isn't a set "Master and Apprentice". Wilson back in his first turn with us had Davie Weir on the field next to him. Hill will hopefully provide that Master role and Barton will hopefully add better cover as well. Because they do get left exposed. 

12 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

As Big Kev would say.....I'M EXCITED

:cheers::cheers:

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Forrester was starting to get into his rhythm and boy god would he have been good against the tims and mini tims. O'halloran got unlucky, the constant game misses and not having a lot of time to gel with an already acquainted squad (unlike everyone else, he didn't really have a "go to" person like what King had in Holt, Forrester had in Kiernan). So seeing the latter especially exciting because we saw glimpses of his potential, running straight at defenders but it wouldn't end up with much. Now with a proper pre-season and time to gel, he'll have more purpose having driving past 3-4 defenders.

Halliday makes for good Wallace cover, likewise with Hodsen (who will likely cover Tav as well). The problem with Kiernan and Wilson is there isn't a set "Master and Apprentice". Wilson back in his first turn with us had Davie Weir on the field next to him. Hill will hopefully provide that Master role and Barton will hopefully add better cover as well. Because they do get left exposed. 

:cheers::cheers:

I am sure both Forrester and O'Halloran will both make a big impact this season (injuries permitting) and I would prefer we don't use Halliday as a left back. If Hodson can comfortably be used on both sides of the defence then I'm happy with that. I only remember seeing Hodson play in the Q/F of the cup against us and I'm sure he played R/B in both games,so other than that I haven't a clue about the lad.

My problem with the Kiernan-Wilson combo is that they are too similar in the way they play the game, which invariably means we get crucified when our attack breaks down, plus the fact Wilson is no speedster which actually compounds things. We have to get a combination of 'one sits-one roams' rather than they leave a hole a fucking double decker bus could go through. I'm certain M.W. and D.W are very aware of this and will rectify it sooner than later. :pipe:

1 hour ago, bluenose48 said:

You forgot Crooks, Forrester and Holt as midfield options as well mate.

Our bench will be super strong this season. 

23 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

You forgot Crooks, Forrester and Holt as midfield options as well mate.

Our bench will be super strong this season. 

Could you ever have thought there will possibly be a time where a fit and in form Jason Holt won't even make the bench for us? :ohmy::D

53 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Could you ever have thought there will possibly be a time where a fit and in form Jason Holt won't even make the bench for us? :ohmy::D

I know mate. For long periods of last season he was a standout for us. Incredible recruitment in the attacking areas of the pitch.

8 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Probably young Rossiter for me. 

This for me too. Think he is gona be some signing. I can see krancjar spending a lot of time out injured coz he will get the same hatchet man treatment as oduwa.

Was impressed with what I saw from windass. 

Hope hill runs the defence because its still a shambles, hopfully wilson will be benched. 

Still hoping we sign that defender weir had out for lunch. If not I hope we send him the bill:lol:

4 hours ago, TheCutch said:

I know mate. For long periods of last season he was a standout for us. Incredible recruitment in the attacking areas of the pitch.

I was very confident that between them Frank McParland and Mark Warburton would earn their wages by pulling a juicy plum out of the barrel, but they have grabbed a fucking entire tree full of them by the look of things.

A manager always likes a nice headache when he has choices in certain areas, but M.W. will have to buy a chemist shop to cure his headache with the amount of talent now at his disposal.  :pipe: