Time for Mr King to win us the league?

I can't help feeling that pushing the boat out now and getting the right centre half in would see us champions on our first season back ... so we have backed you to the hilt Dave and it's time for you to take the next step and put your hand in your pocket. I still remember the difference that Terry Butcher made back in 86 and bringing in quality again can once again make the team champions  

Funny we keep talking about King when it is MW who has been identifying the targets that he wants!  MW also gives advice on how much he feels a player should be valued at and the club has a strict wage structure which all players adhere to.

Therefore if we have approached clubs and out of contract players about coming to us if a club is demanding more than what we're willing to offer then we should walk away and if a player is demanding wages way above our pay structure then they should go to hell.

The most important aspect of our transfers this season is getting the correct players and I think Warburton, Weir and McParland have done a fantastic jobs so far but I would love us to spend a bit of cash on a top striker and CB. I'm hoping that's why we've been froogle so far with signings for other positions. These two positions have been a priority from way back last season and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the two we spent reasonable money on transfer fees for. 

6 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Unpopular opinion bit can we not take a leaf out the tims book and buy an absolute donkey and flog him millions next year? 

I'm all for that but buying the right player at the heart of the defence would make such a difference just now with the rest of the team already taking shape around him 

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm all for that but buying the right player at the heart of the defence would make such a difference just now with the rest of the team already taking shape around him 

It's not easy trying to find the right player ability wise and one that also ticks the other boxes (off the park life, dressing room influence, transfer fee, wages, desire to play in the SPFL..................and so on. Hopefully we find one that ticks most of them at least. Any suggestions, OP?

9 minutes ago, Misteral said:

It's not easy trying to find the right player ability wise and one that also ticks the other boxes (off the park life, dressing room influence, transfer fee, wages, desire to play in the SPFL..................and so on. Hopefully we find one that ticks most of them at least. Any suggestions, OP?

Warbs is the man :pipe: ... I just hope the delay isn't because of a lack of money because one signing really could make such a difference now

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

is he any worse than our two? Serious question as I've never seen him play, unless he played in the semi-final and I cant remember him one way or another.

He certainly seems to be the cause of most of their mistakes as far as I can see. Dodgy pass backs, stumbles etc. has cost them dear in Europe and in the cups in Scotland.

I don't think our CB's are particularly bad players, I think they are certainly left exposed and Wilson struggles a little for pace. We could certainly do with recruitng a top class CH.

A good quality CB is in my opinion essential. I think so far we have been unlucky.I think we lost out to Middlesbrough for Espinosa ,Mirappa is looking to get as much money as he can and both Ekstrand and Onyewu do not appear to reach the fitness levels required 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

Let's hope so - but he won't go on more many more years.

True, he has too much experience to sit most games on the bench, I think plan B may be to have Hill guide Kiernan and Wilson as much as possible on the field if we can't secure a top quality CB which in all honesty I don't think we can afford 

18 minutes ago, thehost said:

is he any worse than our two? Serious question as I've never seen him play, unless he played in the semi-final and I cant remember him one way or another.

Much worse. 

Ours are poor due to being exposed. 

Ambrose could be surrounded by fellow players and still fuck up. 

Have said all along that we needed a top drawer CB and cf and we would win the league, neither has been done as yet.

however, I trust the manager in terms of who we have recruited thus far.  Got a feeling Hill wI'll be an excellent addition and we may very see Crooks play CB and learn his trade from Hill, with Kiernan dropping to back up and possibly third choice.

48 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Hill may be the Davie Weir we've been looking for

This. 

Im not sure he'll be the new Davie Weir in terms of ability, but if he has the same impact we got when SDOW arrived then we could be onto a winner. 

I'm gonna see him in action before I join the clamour for a new CB, after all, we may already have the answer on the books. Albeit a temporary solution.