Kiernan and Foderingham have extended contracts

Broxi

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7214299/Wes-Foderingham-set-to-sign-new-Rangers-deal.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160719-_-Football-_-520282402

WES FODERINGHAM is on the brink of signing a new deal with Rangers.

The English goalie still has two years left on the contract he penned when he joined from Swindon last summer.

But Gers are keen to tie him down for longer after he made the No1 spot his own last term.

SunSport understands agreement has been reached on Foderingham, 25, extending his stay by a further 12 months.

If all goes to plan then Gers could even announce the news as early as this afternoon.

It will be a huge boost to the Ibrox side, who have seen Martyn Waghorn and James Tavernier stall on signings similar extensions.

Foderingham is thought to be committed to Gers for the long-term after settling in quickly under Mark Warburton.

SunSport also understands right-back Tavernier is now edging closer to an agreement to extend his stay too.

EDIT: Keith Jackson reporting Kiernan to follow as well

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Good keeper but is questionable at times, he was shit against stmirren last game of the season. 

Also not anywhere near the.class of klos, goram etc

None of our players are,

16 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Good keeper but is questionable at times, he was shit against stmirren last game of the season. 

Also not anywhere near the.class of klos, goram etc

Had a couple of really good and important saves at the weekend.

Think he'll up his game even more now with Gilks pushing him for the spot.

47 minutes ago, Smile said:

None of our players are,

And it'll be a long time before any of them are again.

We've always been spoiled with great keepers but in today's market players of simialr quality to guys like Woods, Goram and Klos are going for eight figure sums and unfortunately we probably won't ever be able to attract that level of player again for a long, long time.

3 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Kept us in the game in the opening 15 mins with a couple of really good saves, the tip round the post from Johnson being the stand out.

Undoubtedly he had a couple of howlers last season but he also made some terrific saves at important times in games. I think he has all the attributes to be a very good keeper and with real competition from an experienced, solid pro and a full season behind him I'm expecting progress this year. He still has time and scope to improve imo and I think it makes perfect sense to get him signed up long term. 

Well MW really rates him and if I remember correctly I'm sure he said in a previous interview that he feels Wes could be in the England set up one day(or should be), so good news for us if we tie him down longer especially for next season when we're back playing in Europe.

12 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Hopfully he has learned from last season. Im sure the backroom team will of been making him watch videos and learn.

I think gilks  will push him too

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Keith Jackson saying Kiernan to follow suit also

I like Kiernan and I think he has much more room for improvement and more desire than Wilson. With Hill next to him I think he'll really improve by having someone to direct his efforts. 

Because a good pairing is needed at the back and Kiernan and Wilson are just too similar in playstyle. 

Also he looks to love it here

giphy.gif