Barrie McKay.

tannerall

Just now, johanhentze said:

He played against a team not that long ago that was full of players with top league/Euro/international experience... still ran rings around them and put a screamer past on of the most experienced keepers in the British game :pipe: 

Agreed. He ripped them to bits.

However teams will take notice when we win things in the top flight now and get back to where we belong in Europe. This season will be huge for the boys.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Agreed. He ripped them to bits.

However teams will take notice when we win things in the top flight now and get back to where we belong in Europe. This season will be huge for the boys.

I know that.. we ARE in the top flight and he will run rings around them again. He will get more international experience. His stock will skyrocket in my opinion.

I wonder what his level is as opposed to his supposed price tag.

If he performs really well this season we could  bank £10M no problem - and as he has lengthened his contract if we dont get the right offer we dont sell. However regardless of the money we get for him, has he the capability to shine on a bigger stage? - say top half of the EPL (for talking sake)?

He has the technique, the skill, the pace to completely dominate games - but he still has the habit of disappearing from games for long periods of time - maybe he just lacks a little self confidence, which should increase with age?.

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I know that.. we ARE in the top flight and he will run rings around them again. He will get more international experience. His stock will skyrocket in my opinion.

I never said we were not in the top flight...

IF we win the title and get back into Europe his value will increase.

Just now, cushynumber said:

I wonder what is level is as opposed to his supposed price tag.

If he performs really well this season we could  bank £10M no problem - and as he has lengthened his contract if we dont get the right offer we dont sell. However regardless of the money we get for him, has he the capability to shine on a bigger stage? - say top half of the EPL (for talking sake)?

He has the technique, the skill, the pace to completely dominate games - but he still has the habit of disappearing from games for long periods of time - maybe he just lacks a little self confidence, which should increase with age?.

McKay won't be valued at £10 million by anyone until he proves himself in Europe, or for Scotland imo. A few good performances against Celtic would help, but its difficult to get a £10 million valuation playing against Aberdeen or Motherwell.

7 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

McKay won't be valued at £10 million by anyone until he proves himself in Europe, or for Scotland imo. A few good performances against Celtic would help, but its difficult to get a £10 million valuation playing against Aberdeen or Motherwell.

We can value him at anything we like. :541:

1 minute ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

Then we dont sell. The price tag we put on him can be based on our valuation of him (and therefore his value to us) whether we play in europe or not. English clubs are literally swimming in money now and If he turns it on this season, I firmly believe someone will pay that.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

If I were King I'd be getting his contract extended pronto.

You never feel safe when there is only 2 years left when at the end of the season agents and all sorts will be in his ear.

aye - the summer of 2018 doesn't seem that long away and the last thing we want at the end of this season is him saying he will see out the remaining year on his contract and then move on a free.

dundee utd got £3 mil each for gauld and robertson , neither of them won anything ,or had any european experience and the top flight was a shambles because we werent there , if barrie adds consistent goals then we should be looking at a big fee in a year or 2 , would love to see us get him signed up long term 

aye - the summer of 2018 doesn't seem that long away and the last thing we want at the end of this season is him saying he will see out the remaining year on his contract and then move on a free.

Yeah you see that all to often these days.

It means we either have to sell them for a low fee or lose them for nothing in a years time.

I'd imagine we would have to get a new contract sorted before January at the latest otherwise it's squeaky bum time.

Then we dont sell. The price tag we put on him can be based on our valuation of him (and therefore his value to us) whether we play in europe or not. English clubs are literally swimming in money now and If he turns it on this season, I firmly believe someone will pay that.

It's not unknown for English clubs to pay silly money for players, but these are usually paid for for black, athletic, African and continental types not(with the odd noticeable exception) for pasty faced short arsed Scottish wingers. I still think we would be doing very very well to get anything more than £5 million bid for a player as yet unproven outside Scotland.  McKay would have to put in Messi like performances against teams up hear to earn us very big money.

3 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

It's not unknown for English clubs to pay silly money for players, but these are usually paid for for black, athletic, African and continental types not(with the odd noticeable exception) for pasty faced short arsed Scottish wingers. I still think we would be doing very very well to get anything more than £5 million bid for a player as yet unproven outside Scotland.  McKay would have to put in Messi like performances against teams up hear to earn us very big money.

Hi Jocky,

This isn't a Britain First forum, don't treat it like one.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Nobody said that. Weve undervalued our players for years. Whilst over the other side Tierney was worth £8million after 5 games, then £15mill, then £30mill before the old firm:lol:

I assume Wanyama was on 60k a week before he moved for £12mill? No. 

We should be valuing our best assets at prices like this, its change to EPL teams and will boost us significantly. 

Not that am wishing our players away but we need to stop being happy with getting a tenth of the money some of our players went for over the past 10 years or so

If he's a £10 million player we should pay him his worth. Once he's proved it against quality week in week out his value would soar. My guess he is valued around £800k just now. Based on that I wouldn't sell him, take a gamble and see how he improves. If he bombs then you haven't lost much 

10 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

If he's a £10 million player we should pay him his worth. Once he's proved it against quality week in week out his value would soar. My guess he is valued around £800k just now. Based on that I wouldn't sell him, take a gamble and see how he improves. If he bombs then you haven't lost much 

Valued at 800k by whom? Us or other clubs? In my opinion he is very important to us and the way we play....going by that alone he is worth a lot more than 800k in my opinion.

Unreal talent. Not just fast and skillful but has a lethal shot and a great eye for a pass. If he keeps progressing at this rate he will be wanted by many down south. 

You can see how well him and Kranjcar get on as well, big Niko admires a player on his wave length and can see the pass coming 

19 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Valued at 800k by whom? Us or other clubs? In my opinion he is very important to us and the way we play....going by that alone he is worth a lot more than 800k in my opinion.

He hasn't proved it at the top level yet, as I said I wouldn't consider selling him until we see his true worth. 

Well one thing about him is that top quality players recognise and appreciate his talent, even though he only got a few minutes for Scotland any time he had the ball the French had 3 players round about him and these are footballers not hackers.

If the French team was worried about what he could do then this shows that he is a very valuable and talented player possibly one of the best players to come out of Scotland in a long time.