CR Smith retro

Seen a few people wear the 1985 home kit tonight and really like the look of it. Does anyone know where i can get one for a reasonable price? Seen one on https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk but it was £120 and had no CR Smith sponsor on it. If anyone knows where i can get them that would be very helpful. Cheers

7 minutes ago, StevieG RFC said:

Seen a few people wear the 1985 home kit tonight and really like the look of it. Does anyone know where i can get one for a reasonable price? Seen one on https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk but it was £120 and had no CR Smith sponsor on it. If anyone knows where i can get them that would be very helpful. Cheers

We had the same shirt without the CR smith sponsor in the season prior iirc, it's still legit; better in fact.

6 hours ago, StevieG RFC said:

That was 84-85 season before shirt sponsers, CR Smith sponsers us the following season and Souness came and his first season was this top as I think it was a 3 year deal.

I have that top in large and absolute mint condition, I would not be wearing it to the games, it's in a suit cover with some other valuable strips. It's not about the money but it is good just to take out every so often and look at them as back in the day strips were sacred as they were every 2 seasons at least unlike every season now.

My personal favourite is the 1978-81 but not with the daft Scottish cup badge and the 35th best all time rated football top was our 1987-90 the one after the CR Smith top.( Got that also) 

Since the strip ban I have started collecting old mint condition strips and it's bloody addictive ??

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

I have that top in large and absolute mint condition, I would not be wearing it to the games, it's in a suit cover with some other valuable strips. It's not about the money but it is good just to take out every so often and look at them as back in the day strips were sacred as they were every 2 seasons at least unlike every season now.

I was sure this was the case when I was young but wasnt sure if I was just remembering wrong, did it not used to be a new home top one season and a new away top the next?

28 minutes ago, Willis said:

I was sure this was the case when I was young but wasnt sure if I was just remembering wrong, did it not used to be a new home top one season and a new away top the next?

It was usually 2 or 3 years for the home top but they might have released 2 away tops also in that period, the strip mentioned without the before the days of the sponsor was the strip McCoist scored his first European goal for us against Bohemians, who old enough can ever forget those two ties