Barton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We appeared to have a proper back three the other night, when we were in attack. Barton dropped deep and gave the shape of the team a great deal of balance in its shape. His passing at times was excellent. I always imagined him as more of an attacking player, but the position he played in against Annan suited us fine.

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

Don't take this the wrong way as I think he will be a star for us, but I thought he was trying too hard to impress in the short time he was on and that actually detracted from what he is capable of.

I said that the other night: he appeared to be playing the occasion, but that was actually a good sign. He will be brilliant in this team.

Just now, King Jela said:

Slack passing but liked him keeping everybody right and chasing every ball. Desperately needs to get his fitness up, I thought he was looking a bit beefy when he came on. 

I thought that when I saw him playing for Burnley last season.

Will be good to see this team when everyone is match sharp! I liked the positions Barton got into and it will help our defence this season. I watched some of Rossiter for Eng u19s and he seems to play a similar way/role and likes a tackle. Someone like Barton will only approve his attributes. 

10 minutes ago, Blondie7 said:

Will be good to see this team when everyone is match sharp! I liked the positions Barton got into and it will help our defence this season. I watched some of Rossiter for Eng u19s and he seems to play a similar way/role and likes a tackle. Someone like Barton will only approve his attributes. 

Similar to Rossiter?

Wont fit in then, get him to fuck.

57 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Slack passing but liked him keeping everybody right and chasing every ball. Desperately needs to get his fitness up, I thought he was looking a bit beefy when he came on. 

Didn't watch the match as was working but seen the highlights...the beefy comments had me puzzled as he looked in good shape to me no extra timber I can see?

its the same when I hear Waggy needs to lose weight it leaves me baffled as the the boys look in great shape to me.

image.png

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Don't take this the wrong way as I think he will be a star for us, but I thought he was trying too hard to impress in the short time he was on and that actually detracted from what he is capable of.

Thing with Barton is its his qualities off the ball as well as on it that we're benefitting from so from that point of view he showed what's to come, even if he wasn't overly tested the communication and positioning is superb 

26 minutes ago, IbroxBurnzy said:

Didn't watch the match as was working but seen the highlights...the beefy comments had me puzzled as he looked in good shape to me no extra timber I can see?

its the same when I hear Waggy needs to lose weight it leaves me baffled as the the boys look in great shape to me.

image.png

Waghorn is a bear (no pun intended), his physique gives him a presence compared to other strikers but doesn't slow him down or make him less mobile, he's kind of the full package in those respects. Like you were saying I'm always bemused when I hear people calling him overweight or anything similar

10 hours ago, IbroxBurnzy said:

image.png

I wasn't slagging him off or anything. From where I was sitting it just looked like he was a bit out of shape, something he could sort out during pre-season. 

34 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he is obviously breathing in...

SUNGLASP_kc_range_2945544al.jpg

With his mouth open as well- impressive. When I spoke about his weight what I meant was, that as a player gets older he may put a little on. I think Barton was naturally leaner in his younger years; which can be said for all of us. But, he is still in great shape.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

With his mouth open as well. When I spoke about his weight what I meant was, that as a player gets older he may put a little on. I think Barton was naturally leaner in his younger years; which can be said for all of us. But, he is still in great shape.

the fact he can run and shout at people at the same time shows a level of fitness. I lost that ability age 33. It was one or the other after that. Then i couldn't be bothered running to congratulate a team mate when he scored. Then i couldn't be bothered running. Then i took up golf.

Just now, cushynumber said:

the fact he can run and shout at people at the same time shows a level of fitness. I lost that ability age 33. It was one or the other after that. Then i couldn't be bothered running to congratulate a team mate when he scored. Then i couldn't be bothered running. Then i took up golf.

I took up cycling when my running days were ended by a calf tear which happened a little later than 33. You're right, he showed a good level of fitness the other night.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

he is obviously breathing in...

SUNGLASP_kc_range_2945544al.jpg

Strips that good it makes me wish I was a skinny teenager again. Any idea what is happening with shirt sales mate? Might just need to get that and wear it to games, might even take up jogging just to wear it :lol:

I mean in relation to the fat tracky salesman as I'd rather leave it if it means he pockets most of the cash.