Players tops

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thirdchoiceleftback said:

If there is any truth in any of this could it be the players have been told not to swap kit because we only have a certain amount of kits in stock at the current time? Given there are some legal disputes over the kit could it be that Puma have only made a certain amount and aren't putting any more into production until the dispute is resolved resulting in players currently only having three sets of kit right now. 

Aye because there's absolutely no way that Puma would have a template for the kit or anything and could run up another, 50 maybe? mid way through the season. That would be completely beyond the realm of possibility. 

:atie:

1 hour ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Aye because there's absolutely no way that Puma would have a template for the kit or anything and could run up another, 50 maybe? mid way through the season. That would be completely beyond the realm of possibility. 

:atie:

Of course they have a template. They could and will run up however many are needed if they have to but if strips are not going to be sold publicly it's a safe assumption they would rather not have to halt production of another garment to programme and thread up their machines for for such a small amount as 50. It's simple commerce that bigger orders are more profitable for manufacturers. That was my point but your desperation to be sarcastic and post your shifty eyes pic ironically blinded you to that. 

6 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Going to throw a grenade in here, Waghorn was asked for his top at the end as well and said he couldn't, I thought he gestured towards another player as if to say he had already promised it to someone else but it didn't seem to happen.

I can see why the club would have did this the previous seasons as we were playing aw the shite of the day so we would naturally have spent a fortune just swapping tops but one off games like this should be allowed.

No saying the OP is bang on the money but I did see Waghorn do that at the end too.

Noticed that as well, one of the Annan players seemed to want to swap shirts it Waghorn refused.

I remember meeting Marvin Andrews at the Rangers shop in Kirkcaldy and he was buying a load of tops with his name and number on the back. Wondored at the time why he would be doing that but RM wasnt arround to ask.

As for the OP I doubt the kitman would of shared that info in the tunnel with an opposition player and to be fair if it was true I doubt someone on the wage that some of our players would begrudge having to pay for a top. It would be like me paying a quid for new chef whites coz I gave them away to someone that looked up to me. If I seen how much it meant to them I Wouldnt begrudge a quid.

13 hours ago, partickbear said:

Is that the standard reponse to anyone who doesnt post that all is rosey?

Grow up, I've probably supported Rangers longer than you've had brain cells.

Personally I am blown away with the progress under Warburton and King, I am a big King fan, not a knocker. Just saying this is something which should be known and rectified.

Wat

8 hours ago, thirdchoiceleftback said:

Of course they have a template. They could and will run up however many are needed if they have to but if strips are not going to be sold publicly it's a safe assumption they would rather not have to halt production of another garment to programme and thread up their machines for for such a small amount as 50. It's simple commerce that bigger orders are more profitable for manufacturers. 

Aye and mid way through the season how many football tops you think they'll be making? Not nearly as many as they are now- pre season. And how many other clubs, anywhere near as big as Rangers, do Puma manufacture shirts for? Borussia Dortmund, The Arsenal....can't think of anymore tbh. Therefore, I don't think it will be a problem for us (Rangers) to get our hands on another 50-100 shirts, or whatever number, in October or November or whenever! 

Oh and btw, if I just wanted to post the shifty eyes, I could do that in any reply, on any thread on here. You know what you sound like don't ye? 

14 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Going to throw a grenade in here, Waghorn was asked for his top at the end as well and said he couldn't, I thought he gestured towards another player as if to say he had already promised it to someone else but it didn't seem to happen.

I can see why the club would have did this the previous seasons as we were playing aw the shite of the day so we would naturally have spent a fortune just swapping tops but one off games like this should be allowed.

No saying the OP is bang on the money but I did see Waghorn do that at the end too.

Really?

40,511 posts... I smell shite. 

If you have a low post count, and post a dodgy "story" that is likely to be a load of bollocks, then say you're offended and being bullied when people call you out, we'll have to assume you're either a tarrier or a bit of a prick.  Sorry, just the way it is.

15 hours ago, partickbear said:

No, he told him sorry but he's not buying tops. Wouldn't do it myself either.

He also said Joey came into the away dressing room to see him and apologise for injuring him, which I thought was brilliant

Do you know if Waggy apologised to the Annan player he knocked off the park near the end of the game.

I just got the new top through the post from subside sports 15mins ago.

I will now be getting Kranjcar on the back just incase I need to give it to him during the season if he runs out of his, or gets a bit behind with his washing.

Although, I think XXL may just be a tad on the big side for him. :lol: