**** Official East Stirlingshire vs Rangers Match Thread ****

11 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

It won't be a thumping like some are predicting.

It will be a tight game. As long as we don't pick up any injuries in that dodgy pitch.

This is the priority for me, team needs to be selected carefully - no one that isn't 100% fully fit. Pick those most accustomed to playing on synthetic pitches. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our best business of the summer was signing Roy Hodgson on a free after leaving England. Will do a great job at full-back.

We've seen him at right-back the other night.  It would be good to see him perform at left-back against East Stirlingshire.

On 7/20/2016 at 9:31 PM, RFCRobertson said:

Neil Alexander, Andrew Mitchell, Emilson Cribari, Kyle Hutton (subbed off for Smith),Seb Faure, Ian Black, Lee McCulloch, Robbie Crawford, David Templeton, Andrew Little (subbed off for Stoney), Kai Naismith (subbed off for Luca Gasparotto). With Fraser Aird and Andy Murdoch being unused subs. 

:anguish: 

I think it will be ...

--- Fod ---

Tav -- Kiernan - Hill -- Hodson

--- Barton ---

Kranjcar -- Holt

Dodoo -- Hardie -- McKay

27 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Correct wank stain. 

I thought the same but manager said he trains on AstroTurf at our training facility so no need not for him to play.  But likewise i dont think he shoukd play. Or if he does and we go three up get him snd Barton off right away 

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our best business of the summer was signing Roy Hodgson on a free after leaving England. Will do a great job at full-back.

It's a pity Shields and Clarke have left the club, he would have linked up well with them.

On 20 July 2016 at 9:31 PM, RFCRobertson said:

Neil Alexander, Andrew Mitchell, Emilson Cribari, Kyle Hutton (subbed off for Smith),Seb Faure, Ian Black, Lee McCulloch, Robbie Crawford, David Templeton, Andrew Little (subbed off for Stoney), Kai Naismith (subbed off for Luca Gasparotto). With Fraser Aird and Andy Murdoch being unused subs. 

Murdoch got subbed on for Hutton, the Smith on the bench was a goalkeeper 

If it was upto me, my team would be

Gilks

Tav Kiernan Hill Hodson

Windass Barton Krancjer

O'Halloran DooDoo Waghorn

Gilks - Fod is still my first choice, but I'd like him as back-up goalkeeper to get as much first team game time as possible ahead of the season.

Hodson - Likewise above. Give Wallace a wee rest tonight and give him a game at left-back.

O'Halloran - Not a massive fan of his so far but he's played well last couple of games so I'd like to keep that momentum going and give him another start to push on. Think it's important when a player like him who's had an indifferent start is showing some form to stick with it.

Guys like Miller and Forrester and McKay don't need to prove anything. Be happy to bring them on around the half an hour to go mark to hopefully inject something into the game and hopefully get a goal or two.

I wouldn't be taking many risks in terms of those who have a history of injuries. Krancjar, Waghorn and Hill I'd hope would be left out

This should be a routine turn up, play to our strengths and win. 

Gilks

Tav Kiernan Wilson Hodson

Halliday Barton Forrester

MoH Miller Dodoo

4 hours ago, Amac9 said:

It won't be a thumping like some are predicting.

It will be a tight game. As long as we don't pick up any injuries in that dodgy pitch.

We do have most of any game but we dont do thumpings

33 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I wouldn't be taking many risks in terms of those who have a history of injuries. Krancjar, Waghorn and Hill I'd hope would be left out

This should be a routine turn up, play to our strengths and win. 

Gilks

Tav Kiernan Wilson Hodson

Halliday Barton Forrester

MoH Miller Dodoo

This team but Holt will play instead of Halliday.

Can't see it being a 1 or 2 nil win

This a team who consistently are the worst team in Scotland and are absolutely shockingly horrid, worse than the trams just above them in the league and leagues

Anything less than 4 would surprise me

1 hour ago, Zulu said:

We do have most of any game but we dont do thumpings

I wish we would occasionally give teams a thumping.  We've looked amazing these last two games but similarly to last season we don't kill sides off.

I know it's early days but our possession stats imply we're so far ahead of our opposition that it's a shame the score line doesn't reflect that too more often.

Loving what I've seen so far but hope we start clicking up front to really scare the opposition this season.  Hopefully Dodoo starts tonight as I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Exciting times!!!(tu)