**** Official East Stirlingshire vs Rangers Match Thread ****

Just now, TheMotor said:

This is monumentally dull and, with Hill in there , we're not even having any exciting wee panics at the back to relieve the boredom.

Just as you say that Hill gives away a free kick. Would have been nice for the shot to be on target just to give Gilks something to do.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Totally disagree, we will notice the benefit of these games when the league starts.  Our fitness levels will be ahead of the competition, plus lots of new players getting time to know each other.  

Why? They will have just as many pre-season games, but the difference is we're playing against teams with absolutely no hope of testing us defensively (apart from Motherwell). 

If you think we'll get more from these games, fitness wise, than pre-season fixtures against a higher calibre opposition you're wrong. 

It's no wonder the gaffer is equally against this. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Just as you say that Hill gives away a free kick. Would have been nice for the shot to be on target just to give Gilks something to do.

Haha. Actually, I'm watching on Bet365, so the free-kick had already been and gone when I posted:D.

Its the whole lack of substitutions which is making this so shit.

Upping the allowed subs to 5 or 6 would allow for fresh faces and a bit of energy.  Its fucking pre-season and you have 8 of the team having to play 90 minutes. 

The fact as well that there are so many games over a short period no wonder that, by the third game when its won against such a shit team, the drive is strating to go.  Im sure there are a few out there a bit fucked and not wanting to get themselves injured.

Yet another masterstroke by the SPFL.

Just now, TheMotor said:

This is monumentally dull and, with Hill in there , we're not even having any exciting wee panics at the back to relieve the boredom.

I know! I was wondering if East Stirling are particularly pish or whether Hodson and Hill instead of Tav and Kiernan are making us look more solid as they are both more defensively minded. Possibly a combination of both. Unusual for us not have a scare or 2 though!

That said, it's good to see that 'routine' wins are exactly that now. Game has never been on doubt.

4 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

Crap performance, we will need to get far better than this . 

I've not seen any action tonight, but as we made 2 goals so easily that MW has told the guys to take it easy and show the SPFL up for dreaming up this competition so early in the season,

Bore fests'r'us.:rolleyes: