Does this remind you of anything?

18 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Dinamo Kiev, best atmosphere I've ever experienced 

Only ones at Ibrox (outwith OF games) for me that came close were beating the sheep to win the league, Leeds and Marseille.

All amazing atmospheres. 

13 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Only ones at Ibrox (outwith OF games) for me that came close were beating the sheep to win the league, Leeds and Marseille.

All amazing atmospheres. 

Agreed, Was 14 at Kiev game remember walking up stairs, CR rear to a wall on noise, half an hour before kick off. I could feel the energy, hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.

Next would be Gough equaliser in the 2-2 game, the noise was quite literally off the scale.

Then Leeds game.

52 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

52 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Totally agree mate I think i was about 12.. that night blew me away. I had tears pouring down my face in the Govan front.  Just unreal 

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Agreed, Was 14 at Kiev game remember walking up stairs, CR rear to a wall on noise, half an hour before kick off. I could feel the energy, hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.

Next would be Gough equaliser in the 2-2 game, the noise was quite literally off the scale.

Then Leeds game.

Was in the old main stand rear next to the tarriers for that game. My mates fucked off at half time as they 'couldn't stand seeing us getting tanked'. I don't know why but I said I fancied us to get a draw.

The only way I can accurately describe the reaction to that goal was frantic bedlam. As you say, joy and noise literraly off the scale.

14 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Then Leeds game.

Kiev night will live with me forever,coming out the subway and place going mental even before reaching the stadium,Gough equaliser was crazy,in East enclosure and got bruised to hell,totally worth it though 

41 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Then Leeds game.

That was the biggest roar I've heard at any game when we were down to nine men and Gough scored at the broomloan end.

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

For the young whiper snappers who don't remember :pipe:

Bitter/Sweet watching that. 

Great game, great atmosphere,  great result against what was a top European team. 

The downside... 29years ago.....29. That's depressing, I feel old now. One of those timeless games that will always feel like it was only a few years ago. 

So many great memories come back to me reading through those games from 80s and 90s. 

http://www.footballdatabase.eu/football.coupe.glasgow-rangers.dynamo-kiev.34869.en.html

Kiev was a special night, the Govan was shaking. Leeds, Marseille, Parma, Aberdeen were all loud and crazy as well but I was only 11 at the Kiev game with my Granda and it is my fondest memory. 

Honourable mention has to go to the 5-1 when Wilkins scored that volley. 

13 hours ago, Sket said:

Can't be the best atmosphere ever,the Union Bears weren't there. Everyone knows it's only them that sing.

Aye that the atmosphere was shite before 2007 and its been fucking amazing since then when they formed :lol: