**** Official Rangers vs Stranraer Match Thread ****

11 minutes ago, ben51 said:

We haven't even seen Crooks play and I want to pick 4 or 5 in that midfield 3. :lol: 

It's going to be so hard to choose them, but a great headache to have. 

Forgot about Crooks, any three from seven in midfield.   We have Barton, Crooks Windass, Kranjcar, Halliday, Rossiter an Holt.  Probably missed someone

Don't rate Halliday tbh, really hope he isnt a starter. Doesn't offer that much defensively and nothing really attacking wise, we have better players where he was playing. I would actually play Barton Kranjcar and rossiter as the midfield three because I think it would be harsh to leave rossiter out the starting eleven as he is a quality player and only 19.

Miller was pretty awful when he came on, but he has done well for himself and has had a decent career, to be playing as a striker at the age he is at  is pretty phenomenal, still think he will have a part to play this season

Bar the few negatives, I thought we were very impressive again and Kranjcar :crywank:No words needed 

Really excited to get this season off and running 

7 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

Getting the impression our strikers and Forrester more so are a wee bit too greedy for the sake of the team. Fine against the likes of Stranraer when we are winning comfortably but we can't afford to have selfishness costing goals in the league.

Waghorn and Forrester were making some bad choices at times in that sense. Possibly the thing that frustrated me the most. 

Waggy especially. I thought he dummied when he shouldn't at times, declined his right foot when he shouldn't have at times, didn't get the head up at times, didn't pass when he should have at times, passed when he should have shot at times, chose to shoot in the wrong way at times.

Despite that I actually thought he did quite well! I just want to throttle him sometimes, because he's on the verge of being a right good striker if he can just be a bit more aware at times.

Another good display. Rossiter was class when he came on. 

Need to give Waghorn time to prove himself against the Prem teams but I am still to be convinced that he's clinical enough to be our main goalscorer. I think we will be seeing another striker come in soon..

Waghorn as good as he has been will let us down in big games due to him being so unwilling to have a shot with his right foot. There will be games where we only get a couple of chances and he refuses to use it. Also I know it's pretty season but him and miller shat it a couple of times when there could have been goals.  Hopefully when it comes to the games that matter we don't continue to waste chances. We have bought well over the summer, was well impressed with all of the new signings

28 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Waghorn and Forrester were making some bad choices at times in that sense. Possibly the thing that frustrated me the most. 

Waggy especially. I thought he dummied when he shouldn't at times, declined his right foot when he shouldn't have at times, didn't get the head up at times, didn't pass when he should have at times, passed when he should have shot at times, chose to shoot in the wrong way at times.

Despite that I actually thought he did quite well! I just want to throttle him sometimes, because he's on the verge of being a right good striker if he can just be a bit more aware at times.

At times ?

You on a mission to use the expression mate? ?

Just now, SouthamptonGer said:

At times ?

You on a mission to use the expression mate? ?

:D Chuckle.

I just felt forming the sentence that way best expressed my exasperation. The only other way I could think was to use harsh language, and I don't feel like tonight's a harsh language night. :pipe:

Good performance. Lots of positives and so many people fighting for a start!

Wish we were better at cutting it back in the box as we create so many chances that come to nothing. Almost as if tree okay the ball to a certain space rather than look for a player.

Anyhoo, most will be satisfied by that performance tonight. However I'm sure as soon as we lose a poor goal it'll be back to the worst defence ever etc etc :D

ps: lovely play by Kiernan on the wing tonight!