Ever got into a game without a ticket?

bunter

18 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Remember my dad giving me a lift over in the late 60s think it was St Jonstone on a pish wet day. Anyway, the cunt behind the turnstile wasn't having it and insisted that my old man pay for me. He spent 10 min arguing with this guy with me dangling over the turnstile ?

Guy got fed up listening to my old man and eventually said ok on you go.

I used to see a few of those cranky cunts operating the turnstiles who wouldn't  let the kids through, but if you argued with them long enough they would give up for the simple reason the guys behind who were waiting to get in would start abusing them :lol:

Patience and persistence was the key at times  :thumbup:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads of times at games when I was younger, also remember our bus not having enough tickets for a league cup final against the sheep and one of the lads found a box of stewards vests outside hampdump and passed them around, about 10 of them including my auld man simply walked up to big gate and they were let in, as it was terracing then there was no problem, now though I can't be arsed with sneaking in , I didn't give a fuck when I was younger but now it's ticket or telly. 

Not a Rangers game (except getting a lift over when I was a kid) but got into Goodison for an Everton v Liverpool game back in the 80's.

My mate was a copper there and told six of us he'd get us in. Turned out he could only get two in and I didn't get one of the longest straws.

Just before KO I went up to a random copper and told him I had came all the way from Glasgow and somebody snatched my ticket out of my hand when I was looking for the entrance. He took pity on me and got me in just behind the dug outs. :)

I used to work in a reprographic department in the civil service (late 80's) where we had all the latest copiers & printers. I had already got my ticket for the piggery but decided to see if I could make some half decent forgeries for my mates. Ended up getting 5/6 of us in with them! 

To get the wee tear off stub bit right, I had to run them under my maws sewing machine without any thread to make the perforations!  :pipe:

Got in up at Inverness through the gates at half time when they were letting people out.

My mate who was ticketless got in against Stirling Albion and kicked open a fire exit for me to run through and get in.

Failed to get through the stewards at the piggery though. 

Late 80's game at the piggery, a crew of us from Renfrew had no tickets and tried to climb over the wall behind the flats. Struggling like fuck to get up the wall never mind over it we heard an older guys rattle his window and shout at us. We were for making a quick exit, he came out the back with a ladder and helped us over - WIN.

Got into the San Giro a fair number of times after the start when they used to open the gates to let fans get to the chippy vans.

I did get into Pittodrie thanks to a pal who was a photographer with the DR back in the 70s.    I couldn't get a ticket so my pal got me a Press Pass to sit with him behind the goals.  He gave me a camera and I had to hide my scarf under my jacket.   I was sitting in front of the Beach End when they got a penalty (should never have been given).  All the real camera men went behind the goal but I sat where I was a bit to the side.   They missed it and I jumped up to cheer forgetting where I was.   That started the home fans shouting abuse at me.   It wasn't long until half time and as we were walking over to the main stand I was last and showed my Gers scarf very briefly which then had the sheep throwing pies and cans in my direction.   Second half I was at the other end so no problem.  Finished 0-0.   

Someone I know (who will remain nameless) for the closed doors Inter Milan game at the San Siro mate himself up a fake press-pass saying he was Jim Traynor from the Daily Record and managed to get in.

He was then sat between the Inter Milan president and Andy Walker.

The conversation went like this...

Rangers fan to Inter Milan president (pointing to Andy Walker) - do you know this man?
Inter Milan president - No?
Rangers fan - It pains me to say it, but I must admit, this guy was a great player. Broke my heart a few times against my team with his goals.
Inter Milan president - Really?
Rangers fan - Oh Yes! Motherwell legend :lol:

On 23 July 2016 at 0:56 AM, K.A.I said:

Yeah a few times.

3 that spring to mind ..

Forres Mechanics away - my supporters bus only had a few tickets so we didn't bother taking the bus. Southdown1916 on here had some hospitality places spare so I said I'd take one of them and that would free up one of my bus tickets for someone that wanted to go. I took the bus tickets with me to meet the people who were getting the bus allocation off me up there at the hospitality venue.

What did I do like a mongo? .. I went to the toilet for a shite before going outside to meet the people getting the tickets off me. I got outside and chatted for ten minutes before attempted to give the guys their tickets, reached for them and realised I'd left them in the bog ... dived in and they're long gone.

Went back in and got my begging bowl out ... I was 4 tickets down but remarkably managed to get 3 which was amazing considering they were like gold dust. I took the 3 out to the guys waiting but that left me 1 ticket down. I'd never do that to someone else for my mistake so if I was one short then I was taking the hit.

I then seen a table with the Forres Mechanics directors sitting .. I went up and gave them a story about how the waiters and waitresses cleaning up the tables after the meals with the black bin bags took my ticket from the table when I wasn't looking - they guys were amazing. They let me sit with them at the table, gave me a fancy whisky and a bottle of Peroni and got me to walk across with them and explained to a steward at the Rangers end that it was OK to let me in and that was me all set. Nice guys at Forres Mehanics even if I was a dopey, drunken, forgetful bastard who lied through his teeth,

Barcelona Away - my mate that went with me it was his first Rangers European away game. I stupidly promised him it would be OK and he would get a ticket one way or another. The ticket never materialised and he ended up buying what he thought was a ticket for 60 euros or quid, can't mind which one and it turned out a ticket for the Barcelona museum tour. He was well bumped. I felt bad so gave him mine and used the museum ticket and blagged my way into the Rangers end with it.

Werder Bremen Away - I went with the bus that left from the District Bar on Paisley Road West. My Dad was working in Rotterdam at the time in a ship yard and I had arranged to get dropped off at Rotterdam and get a taxi to my Dad's yard where he had put on a bus from the port with all sorts of guys from Rotterdam, Scotland, England and Ireland. Everything going well, nice wee 3 hour or so journey ...beer flowing .. my Dad says to me when we are almost there "when you giving the lads their tickets?" WTF ... eh? .. he had promised them all tickets off me despite me saying no it was impossible previously. Crossed wires somewhere.

We got to a pub just off Bremen square and said leave it with me ... seen a mate who knows Dougie Park and he gave him a phone ... he had 16 tickets for my group and saved my life but they were neutral type tickets which I said was fine give me them .. say the the tickets were 31 euros off hand .. everyone in the pub slammed down 50 euro notes and fucked off/refused change/I never had change .. pick one or all 3 .. whatever .. tickets sorted ..... everyone had a ticket ... only my prick of a Dad drunk lost his ... fucking hell OK, so I gave him mine and I was gonna chance it ... got to the turnstiles and the wee prick lost that one too! ...big Daniels from the KP bus kidded on there was a problem/emergency at the turnstile to create a divert and then pushed me and my Dad through lol ...sorted.. after the game I was fucking dreading the bus journey back and my Dad's mates said your going no going back on a bus, get back to Rotterdam and we will worry about it later .. ok then lol ... next morning my Dad came back from work with an envelope with a first class KLM boarding pass in it and another envelope with 600 odd euros in it ... it was the remains of the kitty and a massive whip round that got the flight ticket and euros as a thank you for getting them the 16 tickets ... I've never profiteed off Rangers fans or the club in the my life but it was a good gesture was close to tears but they looked after me after I looked after them

There's other times too like Villareal and stuff but I plan on getting up early in the morning to do stuff I'd be here all night with that trip :lol:

Brilliant. 

Makes the forum a better place with these types of stories. (tu) 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Someone I know (who will remain nameless) for the closed doors Inter Milan game at the San Siro mate himself up a fake press-pass saying he was Jim Traynor from the Daily Record and managed to get in.

Rangers fan to Inter Milan president (pointing to Andy Walker) - do you know this man?
Rangers fan - It pains me to say it, but I must admit, this guy was a great player. Broke my heart a few times against my team with his goals.

Did you enjoy the game mate:P

1 minute ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Did you enjoy the game mate:P

Haha. I never made that game sadly. That was one of only 6 (I think?) away Europeans I've missed since my first one against Gothenburg in 1997. Think they were PAOK Salonika, Bietar Jerusalem, first Parma one, Viktoria Zizkov, Galatasary and that. There might be another 1-2 max that I've forgot but off the top of my head.

I wish I made an effort with that Inter Milan one, though. A few people I know got in and I never even bothered trying :(

Just now, K.A.I said:

Haha. I never made that game sadly. That was one of only 6 (I think?) away Europeans I've missed since my first one against Gothenburg in 1997. Think they were PAOK Salonika, Bietar Jerusalem, first Parma one, Viktoria Zizkov, Galatasary and that. There might be another 1-2 max that I've forgot but off the top of my head.

I wish I made an effort with that Inter Milan one, though. A few people I know got in and I never even bothered trying :(

Thing is with a game like that is if you get in its somthing you will never forget. Cant wait for my first euro trip!

Gutted that I spent so much of my younger days pissing money against a wall instead of using it to follow us

3 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Thing is with a game like that is if you get in its somthing you will never forget. Cant wait for my first euro trip!

Gutted that I spent so much of my younger days pissing money against a wall instead of using it to follow us

I wish I done more before I started properly too. I'd have given anything for my Dad to have been one of them mad Rangers fans you see that takes their kid everywhere including European games but just wasn't to be.

My Dad's mate started taking me to away games from about 1993 onwards as he got 4 away tickets to every game through his work and always took me. My Mum and Dad obviously squared him up in lieu of pocket money and stuff but there's so much I would have loved to do before I started going properly - Leeds away, Brugge away, Marseilles away, Juventus away etc ... just made a vow to myself that I'd make up for it the rest of the time and always make time and find money for following us these types of places as the friends you make and stories you have for life are literally priceless.

I once helped a wee guy sneak in to Rugby Park, he crawled at my feet as I was passing my ticket over and he got in, I bought him a pie and told him to come stand with me, wee guy was just himself :lol: about 11 year old or something. 

If this was a tim forum and I was a tim then it would have ended a lot differently for that young boy....

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I wish I done more before I started properly too. I'd have given anything for my Dad to have been one of them mad Rangers fans you see that takes their kid everywhere including European games but just wasn't to be.

My Dad's mate started taking me to away games from about 1993 onwards as he got 4 away tickets to every game through his work and always took me. My Mum and Dad obviously squared him up in lieu of pocket money and stuff but there's so much I would have loved to do before I started going properly - Leeds away, Brugge away, Marseilles away, Juventus away etc ... just made a vow to myself that I'd make up for it the rest of the time and always make time and find money for following us these types of places as the friends you make and stories you have for life are literally priceless.

Yea you always seem to have some great stories of your away days! Id love it if I could be like you said with my boy. Take him to as many games as I can but cant make a lot due to working away. Il be proud as fuck when we do our first euro trip together

50 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

?????????

On 23 July 2016 at 7:52 AM, gersandy said:

Fuck asking you for a ticket, your like Frank Spencer.

Ive managed to get into tannadice and Motherwell without tickets. 

:lol: The younger ones will be saying who the fck is frank spencer! 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

:lol: The younger ones will be saying who the fck is frank spencer! 

Naw I know who he is ooo betty etc apart from leaving the Forres tickets in the bog when I went for a shite nothing I said was my fault .. pretty harsh him saying that like :(

Just now, K.A.I said:

Naw I know who he is ooo betty etc apart from leaving the Forres tickets in the bog when I went for a shite nothing I said was my fault .. pretty harsh him saying that like :(

:lol: I knew you would know who he was! I said the "young" ones!!!! :lol: 

Seriously though you have a good heart!