Ryan Hardie and the East Stirling Game

sco22y

Giving the boys outstanding exploits for Raith last season I felt that this game was right for him to play. We know what other team members such as Barrie, Kenny, Michael and Harry can offer but this boy could be a cracker (perhaps like Ross McCormack). I don't know if he is in Warburton's immediate plans but I would have tested him tonight and allowed him to prove us wrong from here on in. 

Its not likely Hardie will feature if Warburton wants to loan him out. So far this season he's only loaned players until January meaning they can be loaned out again but if he were to play him then he wouldn't be able to be loaned out again as you can't play for 3 clubs in a season

I know it doesn't help when you only have three subs in this competition but we could have beat these part timers with many of our first choice regulars rested. I would imagine he would be feeling rather confused just now, with him knowing that he would be in the squad quite earlier on in the week.

It was more important to give Dodoo a run out than young Hardie, who in all probability will go out on loan again. Mark Warburton stated near the end of last season that young players such as Hardie had to be better than what other options were available (Miller, Waghorn, O'Halloran) so the gaffer obviously thinks he is not quite ready to make the step up at the moment.

I would love to think he would not be on loan and would be a hit this year. However, going by quite a lot of fans opinions, this might not be the case and I have over estimated his talent. I still think there is something about the boy that we should not let him go, a similar feeling I had with Ross McCormack. 

Jordon Thompson's the one I'm more confused about.  The young lad could be getting a run at CDM but we're putting Andy Halliday in there again.  Once Barton and Rossiter come in it'll be much tougher for Thonmpson to get a look in so why not give him game time now?  He got a little action tonight but surely he should've had more time over the last 2 or 3 games. 

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Jordon Thompson's the one I'm more confused about.  The young lad could be getting a run at CDM but we're putting Andy Halliday in there again.  Once Barton and Rossiter come in it'll be much tougher for Thonmpson to get a look in so why not give him game time now?  He got a little action tonight but surely he should've had more time over the last 2 or 3 games. 

Can't see him being anywhere near it when Barton, Crooks and Rossiter are up and running, so not sure there's much mileage in giving him a lot of game time ahead of the likes of Halliday who we do need to get fit.

The biggest hope is that Jordan is loaned to a higher standard this year. The Championship at least. Should give good experience with the likes of Hibs and Dundee United there.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Can't see him being anywhere near it when Barton, Crooks and Rossiter are up and running, so not sure there's much mileage in giving him a lot of game time ahead of the likes of Halliday who we do need to get fit.

The biggest hope is that Jordan is loaned to a higher standard this year. The Championship at least. Should give good experience with the likes of Hibs and Dundee United there.

If Jordon's not going to be given a chance when Rossiter, Barton, and Crooks are unavailable he's as well moving club.  

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Jordon's not going to be given a chance when Rossiter, Barton, and Crooks are unavailable he's as well moving club.  

Stephen Craigan on commentary today said he spoke to Thompson before game and he's likely going on loan down south

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

No need for him to spit the dummy just yet. He's only 19. Another year of loaning then looking to make an impact of some sort the following year would be a pretty natural kind of progress for a guy of his age. Not a dissimilar timescale compared to Barrie McKay.

27 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Jordan Thompson is good enough to play in this Rangers squad.

Would imagine he is at a similar even to Rossiter.  Might not be in the first team every week but should be in the squad and given game time to build his eperience.  Looks composed and can pass a ball.

2 hours ago, Cobham said:

He's not playing so that tells you everything you need to know! 

Bollocks.

The boy is a natural goalscorer. If he doesn't make it with us I'm convinced he'll still go on to have a good career.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Jordan Thompson is good enough to play in this Rangers squad.

The thing about these youngsters is when they get a chance they have to impress , unfortunately for him he never. I don't see him getting another chance. Hardie may get that chance against Stranraer and he needs to turn in a good performance.

4 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Bollocks.

The boy is a natural goalscorer. If he doesn't make it with us I'm convinced he'll still go on to have a good career.

It's not bollocks.

It's better to go out on loan and play 30- 35 games than to sit on our bench and maybe get 5-10 games here..... 

We haven't had much of a pre-season so we need to get the fitness up of your main body of players . MW has already stated that the younger lads need REGULAR football and hence will go out on loan.

As someone has pointed out if we play him in these cup games then loan him till Jan then our choices of what to do with him become limited due rules about playing for more than 2 clubs a season

Its not fucking rocket science.

Then again you just love arguing .:pipe:

Lot of players in the squad now. 

The more experienced players are probably being played straight away and consistently, for these reasons.

1)  There's a lot of new experienced players, they need to be played together with the other experienced players to get used to each other, as they will be the core of the team.

2) Quite simply to get them totally match fit so we can hit the league up and running.

3) The experienced ones can instruct the newer and less experienced players, basically look after them, and keeping the team performing successfully. It's usually easier to bring the youngsters in to a consistent successful team.

Fortunately we know Mr Warburton will be giving youngsters the opportunities as long as they have impressed in training etc. The old "jobs for the boys" culture has now gone. The youngsters will get their opportunities if they are good enough.

It's a strange one given MW says he wants a lean squad (albeit bigger than last seadon) with Academy players able to step in if the need arises. 

Last season the need did arise but it was only kids we had that weren't even close (other than Burt who got a mere sniff) as the senior Academy players were all away. There was definitely scope for Ryan to have got game time in last season's squad.

Maybe if we get that new striker in he'll go on loan and if not he'll remain. Only MW really knows.

If he goes out, like most others it'll be til Jan to give the gaffer options then depending on injuries etc.

Hope the boy has a blistering run until then wherever he goes. He can be a star.