Barrie McKay

TMB

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Right player meets the right manager and hey presto a star is born. 

Sadly he will leave us eventually, let's hope we get what he is worth and more, but while he is here let's sit back and enjoy a true talent in a Rangers jersey. 

Its just a delight to watch potential improve and flourish (physically, mentally and technically) - like you say thats what happens when you have the right manager in place.  It saddens me think how many Barry's have passed through our club in the last (?) years - Unidentified and not developed to fulfil their potential.  We should never ever return to that position again!

9 minutes ago, markem said:

Its just a delight to watch potential improve and flourish (physically, mentally and technically) - like you say thats what happens when you have the right manager in place.  It saddens me think how many Barry's have passed through our club in the last (?) years - Unidentified and not developed to fulfil their potential.  We should never ever return to that position again!

Was thinking the exact same when I was typing that, how many have we lost, let's hope as you say we have finally learned. 

6 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Tom Miller said he was talking to Barries agent during the week and clubs down south are taking notice :power_of_anguish:

Not necessarily a bad thing, it's good the young lad is getting noticed and I doubt we'd let him go easily. 

At the very least let him left 55 because he stayed with us through the lower leagues and although he was shipped out on loan, it would've been easy for him to go sign with another club. And he may feel indebted to Mr Warburton for having such faith in him and bringing out the best in the young lad. 

But people taking noticed isn't a bad thing, it shows he'd doing things right. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Not necessarily a bad thing, it's good the young lad is getting noticed and I doubt we'd let him go easily. 

At the very least let him left 55 because he stayed with us through the lower leagues and although he was shipped out on loan, it would've been easy for him to go sign with another club. And he may feel indebted to Mr Warburton for having such faith in him and bringing out the best in the young lad. 

But people taking noticed isn't a bad thing, it shows he'd doing things right. 

We've been deprived of genuine talent this last 4 years that I for one want to be greedy and want him to stay for many years, unfortunately the money in the EPL will mean he goes there sooner rather than later if he keeps on improving.

Having said that I believe Forrester is more than capable of filling Barries shoes.

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

We've been deprived of genuine talent this last 4 years that I for one want to be greedy and want him to stay for many years, unfortunately the money in the EPL will mean he goes there sooner rather than later if he keeps on improving.

Having said that I believe Forrester is more than capable of filling Barries shoes.

If one of the top 1/2 dozen come in for hm, he's off. He may want to stay with us a couple more years and experience European football, though. We can only hope.

If Barrie can add more goals to his game then there is no limit to how far he can progress in the game . He has a great first touch , always plays with the head up looking for the best option and personally I love it when he knows he's got the beating of the full back and the defender knows it too , like when he nutmegged the annan player the other night . A wee bit more swagger and arrogance at times would be good , but all in all it's great to see how far he has come in just over 12 months , credit to the management team for having faith in him and credit to the boy for taking the chance he was given .

I will never say told you so again after this

I was the most vocal in here back in division 3 and was constantly shot down

He has the touch and swagger you can never teach to a Nicky Clark, I was desperate for him to be recalled for the first game v them

How he was sent on on loan given the players we “bought” to replace him is a disgrace

Fuck the story that his attitude was wrong, we needed him back then & the right people could have sorted it out 

Happy now, those who couldn’t see it before and dissed the boy need to find another sport to comment on cause your football brain is shite :pipe:

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

He has the touch and swagger you can never teach to a Nicky Clark, I was desperate for him to be recalled for the first game v them

How he was sent on on loan given the players we “bought” to replace him is a disgrace

Fuck the story that his attitude was wrong, we needed him back then & the right people could have sorted it out 

Happy now, those who couldn’t see it before and dissed the boy need to find another sport to comment on cause your football brain is shite :pipe:

In the long run it may just have worked out better for Barry and us that he spent time away during that period  - doesn't mean you we're wrong though, that was luck rather than design

On 11/30/2013 at 11:38 AM, Rangers Lady said:

Barrie on the bench today if we need a late goal, predict 4-1 even 5.

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Can confirm :lol: 

His passing is outstanding at times. He hit a few diagonal passes last night from deep in midfield right into the oncoming players patjh and did it with so much ease and a bit of swagger. One which led to Dodoo's goal. 

I thought he looked a good player first time I seen him play as he had that natural ability that can't be taught however the steps he's taken this past year have been incredible. Genuinely would be the first name on my team sheet right now on ability and form.

Has everything in his locker and the work rate he has now is outstanding. My favourite trait of his is tracking back, winning the ball and then rather than just passing the ball to the closest person he always looks up and forward to get a move going. Shows desire and confidence.

Great talent.

Some of the comments and opinions on McKay only 6 or 7 months ago were ridiculous. Anyone could see there was a player developing there, but as is too often the case he was a young player being criticised too much, and his weaknesses were being seen more clearly than his progress (which was substantial, given where he was 6 months before that).

We gotta be more patient with young guys.

So glad it's now working out for wee Barrie,as someone else pointed out (ian ferguson?) He was a shining light in the dark days.

What happened between then and now happened and there's no point fwelling on McCoists treatment of the boy.

I think there was an interview with him and Barrie himself admitted that even though his loan form was poor,he went and seen what lay in store if he didn't take his chance at Ibrox.

Then the gaffer and big Davie came in and gave him his chance,instilled a confidence and belief in the boy that maybe he himself never thought he would have again.

Brilliant for all concerned the turnaround ,not least us fans,in the wee mans fortunes.

15 hours ago, plumbGER said:

So glad it's now working out for wee Barrie,as someone else pointed out (ian ferguson?) He was a shining light in the dark days.

What happened between then and now happened and there's no point fwelling on McCoists treatment of the boy.

I think there was an interview with him and Barrie himself admitted that even though his loan form was poor,he went and seen what lay in store if he didn't take his chance at Ibrox.

Then the gaffer and big Davie came in and gave him his chance,instilled a confidence and belief in the boy that maybe he himself never thought he would have again.

Brilliant for all concerned the turnaround ,not least us fans,in the wee mans fortunes.

Commentators, usually those who were former players, always stutter on this one and usually go for Installed, gives me the rage