What age?

lewisrfc93

Did you take your kids to the game for the first time?

my daughters 3 1/2 and she is constantly on my back to take her to the Rangers. I'm just no sure she's ready to sit that long and most likely does understand what she's going to have to do when we get there. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken mine younger than that and yeah they can get bored but that was me taking them along. If your daughter is asking, then i would definitely take them along! Just make sure you have a back up like a mobile with games on it. Don't tell them you have it until they tell you they're bored though. I'd take them stuff to eat as well as it's easier than waiting in the queue.

Forgot to say, pick your game wisely. A full house can be too noisy for them and put them off. Monday night might be an ideal trip

Took daughter when she was 6 months old . Was supposed to be baby sitting but thought fuck this . Her ma never found out for months later when one of my pals let it slip , by which time there was no point in her moaning. 

Took my son at 4 v Sturm Graz in the CL. 

My little boy is 5 in December and I still haven't taken him.  Far too hyper and has no interest in football as of yet.  All kids are different and no one knows your kid better than yourself.  If you think she's ready then take her.

3 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I've taken mine younger than that and yeah they can get bored but that was me taking them along. If your daughter is asking, then i would definitely take them along! Just make sure you have a back up like a mobile with games on it. Don't tell them you have it until they tell you they're bored though. I'd take them stuff to eat as well as it's easier than waiting in the queue.

Forgot to say, pick your game though. A full house can be too noisy for them and put them off. Monday night might be an ideal trip

Thanks for the advice! Monday night was in my mind or maybe even burnley next Saturday mate

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Took daughter when she was 6 months old . Was supposed to be baby sitting but thought fuck this . Her ma never found out for months later when one of my pals let it slip , by which time there was no point in her moaning. 

Took my son at 4 v Sturm Graz in the CL. 

That's the spirit lol

I think 6-7 is the minimum you should consider.   I mind being sat behind a boy of about 4 or 5 at a game once and he spent the whole 90 minutes playing with a Matchbox double decker bus while making aeroplane noises.   Infuriating.  

Thankfully I don't have kids.

My first boy was 4 when I took him and we got beat 3-2 at home off Dundee Utd and I took my other wee boy to his first when he was 2/3 v Newcastle in that friendly at ibrox and they both loved it and I only took them as they were asking at that time. If ur daughter is asking then I would take her, if she was mine I would take her to the Stranraer game and see how she sits. Good luck whatever u do 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

My little boy is 5 in December and I still haven't taken him.  Far too hyper and has no interest in football as of yet.  All kids are different and no one knows your kid better than yourself.  If you think she's ready then take her.

This. Nobody will know your kid more than you. My wee one has has a ST and loves going to Ibrox. He's mad on Rangers and has his big cousin beside him. His wee cousin on the other hand hated it and doesn't seem ready or interested. 

If she is always asking take her on Monday or the burnley game. She will then be able to decide if she likes it or not. If she sits fine at the cinema she will sit fine at football.

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wife took our wee ones when they were about 7 only lasted the first half most of the time, big 2 only started when they were 12. 

Same.with mine mate. Waited till he was 6 or 7. Id never slate anyone for taking kids but I do wonder what the point is at 2 and 3. It's good to see but trying to keep them.interested is fucking murder

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Same.with mine mate. Waited till he was 6 or 7. Id never slate anyone for taking kids but I do wonder what the point is at 2 and 3. It's good to see but trying to keep them.interested is fucking murder

Wee guy who used to sit in front of me with his dad brought his IPad and played Fifa during the game most of the time, was more interesting watching a game of Fifa than what Ally was serving up on the pitch. :lol: 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Wee guy who used to sit in front of me with his dad brought his IPad and played Fifa during the game most of the time, was more interesting watching a game of Fifa than what Ally was serving up on the pitch. :lol: 

Tbh even at big European matches back in the day I'd seen kids lose interest. I just think they can't really be bothered 

Took my boy when he was 6 months to his first game absolutely pointless but at least he can say his first game was before he was 1, didn't take him again until he had the same passion for it as me which was about 4 years old

Now he can't wait to go, no point any younger unless they want to because it just becomes a "can we go" "is it nearly finished" "da am freezing" lol

Think my boy was about 4 or 5 when i first took him.

Only time he ever lost interest or wanted to leave was when Annan scored a late winner against us,surprised he's stayed keen after the dark years.

He absolutey loves it and has a good knowledge of the game for an 11 year old.

He's loving it now and we got season books for this season.

Took my wee girl (5) to ibrox for the cup game v Dundee. Struck lucky with perfect result and her fave player scoring. She loved it and was clapping and trying to sing along wi the ubs.

I don't get to many games myself but gonna struggle to go without her after that. Haha