100+

Gaz52

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I've never really checked but is it true the tarriers count their wartime titles whereas we don't?

I'm not sure about them but I think we're not able to count ours due to how the league was split up

image.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've never really checked but is it true the tarriers count their wartime titles whereas we don't?

I don't think they actually do. There wasn't a official competitive tournament ran during WW2

They had 19 2 years before the war broke out and then 8 years later after the won ended, they won their 20th title.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

I don't think they actually do. There wasn't a official competitive tournament ran during WW2

They had 19 2 years before the war broke out and then 8 years later after the won ended, they won their 20th title.

I think they count the goals scored during the war but not the games, I'm pretty sure we beat them 8-1 during the war but they don't count that defeat as their record defeat but their one goal in that game was scored by their record goal scorer and they count it in his record.  I'm gonna check that on wiki.

2 minutes ago, spanther22 said:

I think they count the goals scored during the war but not the games, I'm pretty sure we beat them 8-1 during the war but they don't count that defeat as their record defeat but their one goal in that game was scored by their record goal scorer and they count it in his record.  I'm gonna check that on wiki.

It was 9-1 was it not ?

8 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Colin Stein only just misses out. 

Wiki isn't a solid source right enough as it had Parlane down for 80 but Robbo's list says 111

Unbelievable Stein scored less than 100 goals for us - my hero as a lad and he seemed to score 'for fun' and was on scoresheet all the time - also only played 128 time for us ( 16 in his second spell)! 

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Your probably thinking of their First World War titles, which are counted because the league carried on; unlike during WWII when there were regional leagues.

46 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Unbelievable Stein scored less than 100 goals for us - my hero as a lad and he seemed to score 'for fun' and was on scoresheet all the time - also only played 128 time for us ( 16 in his second spell)! 

Mine too. At that age you think he was there forever , always surprised that it was only 3 years the first time . 

25 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Mine too. At that age you think he was there forever , always surprised that it was only 3 years the first time . 

Yep agreed - place in history for his goal in the ECWC and sadly the equaliser against them that lead to the ibrox disaster! 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I will remember both ... and the fact he's a fat spiv who tried to bleed us dry to the end and went out his way to hide his perks and benefits from the fans.

Oh and the fact he knocked us back twice as a player and told McLeish his media commitments were his priority rather than joining his coaching team when he was needed.

I'll remember the whole package, the complete McCoist.

Was on the Ibrox tour yesterday mate and the guy that takes you round said McCoist is coming back to the club this season, asked what role but he wouldn't tell me... 

11 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:
  • Alex Venters 102
  • Alan Morton 105
  • Johnny Hubbard 106
  • Derek Parlane 111
  • Mark Hateley 115
  • John Greig 120
  • Max Murray 121
  • John McPherson 121
  • Willie Johnston 125
  • James Marshall 125
  • Kris Boyd 138 
  • Geordie Henderson 142
  • Jim Forrest 145
  • Sandy Archibald 148
  • Alex Smith 152
  • Tommy Cairns 154
  • Davie Wilson 157
  • Jimmy Millar 162
  • Billy Simpson 163
  • Andy Cunningham 182
  • Robert Hamilton 184
  • Willie Thornton 194
  • Willie Reid 195
  • Ralph Brand 206
  • Derek Johnstone 210 
  • Jimmy Fleming 223
  • Jimmy Smith 249
  • Bob McPhail 261
  • Ally McCoist 335

Soooo what do I win? :pipe: 

You win fuck all, because you haven't named them all :pipe:

***** In Order :lol:

8 hours ago, spanther22 said:

Ahh I see, I just want by titles I didn't go by wins you see. 

55 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

You win fuck all, because you haven't named them all :pipe:

***** In Order :lol:

Of course, doh how could I forget about bloody alphabetical order!! 

37 minutes ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

More interestingly who do you think our next centurion will be? Obviously not including miller if he's only 3 goals away 

The way football is now think it might never happen again, would need to be here for a fair few seasons to reach it.

16 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

The way football is now think it might never happen again, would need to be here for a fair few seasons to reach it.

The closest to Miller for Rangers goals right now is Waghorn at 30, then it's Wallace with 22 then McKay with 15. 

Shame for Waggy because he could've easily gotten 40+ last season 

12 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:
  • Alex Venters 102
  • Alan Morton 105
  • Johnny Hubbard 106
  • Derek Parlane 111
  • Mark Hateley 115
  • John Greig 120
  • Max Murray 121
  • John McPherson 121
  • Willie Johnston 125
  • James Marshall 125
  • Kris Boyd 138 
  • Geordie Henderson 142
  • Jim Forrest 145
  • Sandy Archibald 148
  • Alex Smith 152
  • Tommy Cairns 154
  • Davie Wilson 157
  • Jimmy Millar 162
  • Billy Simpson 163
  • Andy Cunningham 182
  • Robert Hamilton 184
  • Willie Thornton 194
  • Willie Reid 195
  • Ralph Brand 206
  • Derek Johnstone 210 
  • Jimmy Fleming 223
  • Jimmy Smith 249
  • Bob McPhail 261
  • Ally McCoist 355

Soooo what do I win? :pipe: 

Ally McCoist 355?

Legend of a manager but never rated him as a player.:pipe:

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yep agreed - place in history for his goal in the ECWC and sadly the equaliser against them that lead to the ibrox disaster! 

It's never been proven what incident initiated the disaster. 

Some suggest fans reacted to Stein's goal, others suggest there was congestion and possibly falling before Stein scored as the fans were leaving before the final whistle. 

This is the most interesting account I have read and suggests an initial fall was to blame, not the reaction to the late goal.

https://thegreatcritique.wordpress.com/tag/ibrox-disaster/

12 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Colin Stein only just misses out. 

Wiki isn't a solid source right enough as it had Parlane down for 80 but Robbo's list says 111

Stein scored 93 goals in League, Scot Cup, League Cup and Euro.  He scored 4 in Glasgow Cup, 2 in Drybrough Cup and 6 in challenge matches.

Parlane scored 111 as above plus 8 in Dryb or T Cal and 6 in challenge matches.