What's your favourite Rangers shirt?

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yes, mate. The Platonic dialogues expressing Socratic method. The good thing about it is you don't need to go to university to appreciate it. Just grab a copy of The Republic, or better still The Penguin Classics' Last Days of Socrates and read away. It's fascinating stuff.

Diogenes was indeed the chap that made a virtue of poverty and simplicity, amongst other things that lead to some... interesting... behaviour. Socrates gone made, so they say.

Yeah I know mate but just never got round to it lol Still trying to find time for the Pioneers :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

When unnecessary middle men are allowed to become worth more than a 100 million quid let alone 10 billion then I believe we have let them become god like. Just my opinion mate but if someone is not willing to get up off their arse and be motivated when they are allowed to earn hundreds of thousands per year and all the status and good life that comes with that then I would consider them a fool and probably drown them in a lavatory. It wouldn't happen though as they would strive just as hard. Your right though its really nothing to do with left or right more just a massive nonsense that most of the world seems to swallow. I mean look at the nick of Trump, is he really worth the same as hundreds of millions of people? All a lot of nonsense yet we sit here watching the news with politicians saying our population is growing old and we will probably end up having to restrict the NHS and let the infirm go without treatment. Lot of bollocks no matter what your political views are.

(tu) I wouldn't vote for any of them, my wise friend... No matter the colour of the rosette. More demonic than godlike.

6 hours ago, William McBeath said:

What year was that mate? Is that the away version of the blue one with similar collar that Sandy made famous to younger bears like me. I'd wear that with pride almost any where :D

Only place I wouldn't is probably a funeral. Great top. Must have been a great year for kids if the blue Sandy one was the home equivalent. They all look much better without the sponsorship shite.

aaa.jpg

1 minute ago, WadeWilson said:

(tu) I wouldn't vote for any of them, my wise friend... No matter the colour of the rosette. More demonic than godlike.

So true mate. Any body can see its fair enough to let people earn a good bit if they get up and put shit together but the massive amounts are just nuts. That arsehole Ashley is a fine example. Not least because he's fucked our clubs income for years, which should be enough to have you hanged by the balls for treason, but worth billions for selling trackies. I mean the scientists at Nasa will be worth a fraction of people like Ashley. Just nuts man lol

I hate to say it but the far left or right would not have it, yet the only ones we can trust not to go tonto with power think its a god given right. I'm on my way to sobriety now but at the moment I would still line them all up and threaten to make them look like Scott Brown if they don't start becoming a bit more in favour of putting the national interest first. I realise its international and there is not a lot they can do individually but at least call admit its bullshit. Anyway can't even remember how I end up on about such shit on a thread about Rangers tops so another cup of tea for me and a few hours kip haha  

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

So true mate. Any body can see its fair enough to let people earn a good bit if they get up and put shit together but the massive amounts are just nuts. That arsehole Ashley is a fine example. Not least because he's fucked our clubs income for years, which should be enough to have you hanged by the balls for treason, but worth billions for selling trackies. I mean the scientists at Nasa will be worth a fraction of people like Ashley. Just nuts man lol

I hate to say it but the far left or right would not have it, yet the only ones we can trust not to go tonto with power think its a god given right. I'm on my way to sobriety now but at the moment I would still line them all up and threaten to make them look like Scott Brown if they don't start becoming a bit more in favour of putting the national interest first. I realise its international and there is not a lot they can do individually but at least call admit its bullshit. Anyway can't even remember how I end up on about such shit on a thread about Rangers tops so another cup of tea for me and a few hours kip haha  

Ashley hasn't "fucked our income for years to come" ... this is the hyperbolic nonsense that's passed off as fact. We are in a good place. We could be doing with being in control of our retail department I agree but over-the-top terms like that don't help

26 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Jimmy Phillips, Davie Kirkwood,Graham Roberts, Durrant, Coop, Coisty, Souness, the Divine Cardigan, the Girvan Lighthoose, Phil Boersma, Stuart 'Perenially Underrated' Munro, Sadie McPherson, Big Terry, Jimmy Nich, Chris Woods, Wee George Soutar the chocolate bar dispenser/witholder, Robert Fleck, Derek Ferguson. 

Easy.

No likes left mate but that is impressive :)

Liked the wee extra mention for Munro. Seen him a couple of times as a boy and always thought he was solid and reliable.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ashley hasn't "fucked our income for years to come" ... this is the hyperbolic nonsense that's passed off as fact. We are in a good place. We could be doing with being in control of our retail department I agree but over-the-top terms like that don't help

Maybe your right enough mate as I haven't seen the contracts but I remember as far back as Mather's saying they stunk and then him trying to get King banged up and going to court to make sure the finer details don't get made public. Looks shit to me. I'm sure we used to make over three million in a bad year and this dropped to hundreds of thousands even though going down the divisions should have cost us a lot less in terms of shirt income compared to match ticket income. Maybe we sold far less in that first or second year when those bastard demoted us but it just looks suss to me. That is me just trying to remember what I can outwith all the shit that has been spread. I'll see later if I can find any facts about our shirt income for our last season in the top flight in comparison to the last few years. No doubt made out worse by some of the papers and people protesting and stuff but from trying to work it out for myself it does seem we are being heavily ripped off. I honestly think I remember it falling to hundreds of thousands.  

6 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Who is that mate? If you know of course. Is that Ibrox in the background? It looks like it to me with what I have seen of the roof part but never seen a photo that shows the terraces so well and just wondering how the hell you could get 118,000 into that as it looks a lot more shallow than you would expect.

Looks fucking brilliant to me though. I'd be happy with that and the current main stand no matter what all the rich clubs were up to with regards to stadiums.

s-l1000.jpg

18 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I found this one online. Still not bad. Might get it. 

ranger2.jpg

Defo my favourite, still got mine from back in the 92/93 season, where we nearly made final of the champions league!!

8 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Was it just bad scouting or were we just tight with money mate? I say that in relation to the players who went down south and win all those European trophies with English clubs? Just thinking back to the way we dumped the likes of Forrester for the Berwick result and went with a defender up front. Mad that we still took it to extra time but it still pisses me off to think our owners were that stupid at the time. I suppose Scotland produced that many good players back then that nobody really gave a damn and just thought it would always be that way. I just cant help looking at all those players who went down south and won all sorts. Even that royal rumble Newcastle lot of 69 had about five Scots in it. Yet all these cunts down here rise up at the idea of us joining their precious league. Seems to me we have gave them a hell of a lot when it comes to football. Surely our clubs would have won more if we'd managed to keep most of these players. Not sure if we were cheap skates but looking at the Baxter affair I wouldn't be surprised if our old shareholders and owners made fortunes out of us.

We were comfortably the top club in Scotland for many years, we had plenty of great players from all over the country, maybe a disproportionate number from the East, but I agree a lot of very good Scottish players did seem to slip through the net.

In the early to mid 60s I think we maybe got a bit complacent, we were lifting everything in Scotland and getting to quarters, semis and finals in Europe. What we didn't see coming was the effect the appointment of Ba'face would have on the tarriers.