Rangers Greatest Goal Assist.

tannerall

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

And there was just the hint of an assist by the referee here. 

One of my great memories of an old firm game.

Love this as well . My first old firm game , sat(stood) in the centenary stand . Still can't believe Bobby Russell doesn't score it but makes it better that JG finishes what he started . Always remember the ball boys celebrating and then having to be moved cause TGFITW were throwing bottles and some had spilt onto the track . Happy memories 

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

On that note, what a player Mark Walters was.

Class assist here with a typically well finished move by McCoist. It's goal number 2 here.

The bit of play for the move just before that was tremendous too.

2 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Yeah, I recognised his voice from Rangers DVDs. Couldn't have told you his name though. 

Went on to mhanky infamy, but it can't be denied that he was a tremendous commentator. Pissed all over the folk you get now.

8 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Albertz to McCoist for his last ever goal against them. Superb cross.

Was stood by the dug out, seemed like next to Jonas Thern as he sized up, then belted the ball cross-field to Albertz.

Was one of those wonderful moments, where you knew we'd opened them up and it was going to be a goal, from the split second it left Thern's boot!

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

Go for it. 

I always remember big Tam's tackle on Mick Channon.

And our games against the ultimate goalstoppers, the Italian national back line that was Juventus in the 70s. 

We scored 2 goals against them to win over two legs, two goals against those guys in home and away games was a cricket score then. 

The Sunday Post reported that Forsyth tackle like he'd put Channon over the stand, iirc!?

Absolutely magical by the big man!

18 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

18 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Was at that one and when the hammer played that into the box my first reaction was "who the fuck is that for ?" ?. The corridor of uncertainty they call that now I believe. Perhaps Albertz finest game.

55 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Every OF game he went about some "injustice" being done to the tarriers. Even the day we beat the sheep in 1991 he tried to make out Hateley's second goal was offside.

He kinda did look offside, unless you pause the footage. 

Meh, don't see it. Grew up listening to JB, and still listen to him all the time and comes across as impartial to me. Even in that video, listen to the descriptions of the other goal and at the final whistle and he's not exactly sounding hate filled.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not to mention his assist for the penalty.

(tu) 

His assist for Cousin away to Lyon as well. Some player he was that half season, arguably one of the best modern day full backs we have had when on top form.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

(tu) 

His assist for Cousin away to Lyon as well. Some player he was that half season, arguably one of the best modern day full backs we have had when on top form.

For about a season and a half he was the best attacking fullback we've had in the last 30 years IMO. And for about a half season in amongst that was just extraordinary. For us and Scotland. Saw him taking apart Italian, Ukrainian and French defences as well as CL ones.

Wee mention for Hutton's cross for wee Nacho at Ibrox, the day we scudded them 3-0, Hutton slips, the tarriers give a cheer, then Hutton whips in a magical cross and wee Novo headers it in at the back post. Amazing. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Who crossed it to De Boer to head in against the scum at the tattie dome?

I remember they had just scored and the cunts were still celebrating when Ronnie hammered it in with his heed. Was glorious.

McCann, wasn't it?