Always remember

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Was brilliant at the time, still is to an extent, but losing to the Edinburgh junkies in the final takes some gloss off the win IMO.

The final was a massive kick in the balls, no doubt about that. But beating the tims whilst still in the lower divisions was simply amazing. I'll never forget the pride I felt that day.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Was brilliant at the time, still is to an extent, but losing to the Edinburgh junkies in the final takes some gloss off the win IMO.

I took this as the cup final tbh 

This really set our statement of intent for this year and that it got Celtic into thinking "we have actually been slacking"

I'd happily give up the SC if it meant that old firm played out the same. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

This really set our statement of intent for this year and that it got Celtic into thinking "we have actually been slacking"

Thats a tarrier like outlook , we are better than that , just being better than them isnt good enough 

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah but to have beat them as we did AND lifted the SC whilst in the lower league, well that could and should have been incredible. 

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Thats a tarrier like outlook , we are better than that , just being better than them isnt good enough 

That's the outlook of the original goal that Mr Warburton stated when he came to power. It's about promotion. The Scottish cup was never the goal. We got promotion and we beat Celtic, that to me meant more at the time than what lifting the Scottish cup would've meant. 

It's about the future, Hibs future will be in the championship without us battling for promotion for the 3rd year running. Our future is going for 55 this season and celtic are in the way of that. We beat them and instilled fear into them. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah but to have beat them as we did AND lifted the SC whilst in the lower league, well that could and should have been incredible. 

It would've been very nice to have gotten a treble last season, and would've capped off an amazing season. 

However it was never the goal last season to get the SC, we've got the chance to get it this year again and the next year etc etc.

Last season was about promotion. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

That's the outlook of the original goal that Mr Warburton stated when he came to power. It's about promotion. The Scottish cup was never the goal. We got promotion and we beat Celtic, that to me meant more at the time than what lifting the Scottish cup would've meant. 

It's about the future, Hibs future will be in the championship without us battling for promotion for the 3rd year running. Our future is going for 55 this season and celtic are in the way of that. We beat them and instilled fear into them. 

It would've been very nice to have gotten a treble last season, and would've capped off an amazing season. 

However it was never the goal last season to get the SC, we've got the chance to get it this year again and the next year etc etc.

Last season was about promotion. 

Tbh i dont take my ambitions from what the gaffer says , yes we wont always win everything but it doesnt mean i dont expect it , we were winning the cup final with 15 mins to go and not seeing it out wasnt good enough 

Whilst last season was about promotion, getting to the cup final the way we did was memorable...

Going into the cup final as favourites against the team we beat to the championship should have played out differently. It is a game we should have won and another trophy we should have added to our collection.

Whether it was the goal or not, we reached the final for crying out loud. The 'this wasn't our aim' excuse didn't wash with me, not when it was stated as well that we would look to win every competition we entered.

Semi final was an incredible day.

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Tbh i dont take my ambitions from what the gaffer says , yes we wont always win everything but it doesnt mean i dont expect it , we were winning the cup final with 15 mins to go and not seeing it out wasnt good enough 

We should've seen it coming in all honesty, the lads were hitting the reserves on there tanks. and we were conceding goals last on in games. Remember Raith Rovers away, we could've wrapped the title up there. Wes saved a penalty but we fell victim to a cross in. This season should be different now we've got cover for positions, just need that vital CB and striker and we're all set. 

Just now, ben51 said:

What a fucking captain we've got. A man who I've never seen take a penalty before, steps and demands he'll be our fifth penalty taker. What a man. :praise: 

Right after the Celtic Captain, who ran at it like a amateur. Our captain not only looking smart as fuck and staunch. Took his shot with sheer class and purpose. 

Outcome of the final or not... the situation of that game meant a almost as much as the trophy itself.  Any other normal year then the final means more but that game was different.  That game was our moment to state our intent and show the world where we were. 

Winning that day whilst, albeit with the Championship won was the moment Celtc fans did not ever want or feel was possible.  Lower league Rangers beating them... but to outplay them was a sweet, sweet end to a game that took years off of my life.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

We should've seen it coming in all honesty, the lads were hitting the reserves on there tanks. and we were conceding goals last on in games. Remember Raith Rovers away, we could've wrapped the title up there. Wes saved a penalty but we fell victim to a cross in. This season should be different now we've got cover for positions, just need that vital CB and striker and we're all set. 

Yeah agree with that , i was actually saying to the guy i sit beside the other day too that losing the final could be good for some of the guys in the squad if they learn from it and use the hurt of it to make sure they never suffer the same again 

17 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah agree with that , i was actually saying to the guy i sit beside the other day too that losing the final could be good for some of the guys in the squad if they learn from it and use the hurt of it to make sure they never suffer the same again 

It also taught them a big lesson they'll need when they go to Parkhead, they've always enjoyed a good support that's followed them and yeah they'll be a good support but the tim support will be bigger. That'll be a hurdle for some of them. 

My view prob won't be popular but tbh i don't even watch re runs of the semi final now. End of the day we lost the final after being 2 1 up to a side we should have beaten but for woeful defending at set pieces. Should have been SC 34 and European football and we blew it. Beating the tarriers is good yes but the day i pick beating that mob over winning a trophy is the day i give up. I'll leave tarrier mentality to the tarriers. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

It also taught them a big lesson they'll need when they go to Parkhead, they've always enjoyed a good support that's followed them and yeah they'll be a good support but the tim support will be bigger. That'll be a hurdle for some of them. 

Whilst @ porkpieheid

17 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Which game was your highlight last season ?

That's what I'm saying, that game was the highlight but it shouldn't have been, the final would've been had things gone differently. It's the highlight of clubs like Partick Thistle's season to beat them, not us.

Although it was two two - we melted them in that semi final game, and they know it. Probably the reason they've brought in a high profile, but low success manager; brenda rodgers.

Anyway, with the semi final out of the way we should have easily beaten hivs - couldn't believe we fought so dismally in the last 20 mins - and handed a European place to the same team that we left behind so easily for the entire season.