Disabled car parks

bluesteel

I have parked in the Mafeking car park for a number of years

this season I have been asked to apply for an access card thro

a private firm,costs £15 for 3 years (Rangers pay), it's interesting

that the club have come up with this,they must suspect that some 

occupants are not fully entitled to use their various disabled car parks.

4 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Mate there was too many folk using this that shouldn't have been, it's a shame your being charged but maybe this will help them regulate it. 

No Bro you mis read the thread,Rangers pay the fee,but I

would gladly have paid it myself,I have actually seen guys

running into the Mafeking park trying to get a flier.

9 minutes ago, bluesteel said:

No Bro you mis read the thread,Rangers pay the fee,but I

would gladly have paid it myself,I have actually seen guys

running into the Mafeking park trying to get a flier.

I know mate. Our work used to have access to it but had to leave before 12 on a Saturday or 4-30 midweek. 

Like you say I've seen folk going into it looking fitter than me. 

Where is this and how do you get access to it?

I have been paying to park in the albion car park for the past few seasons as its the closest we can get to the stadium as I have been told there are no disabled parking facilities?

1 hour ago, Del said:

Where is this and how do you get access to it?

I have been paying to park in the albion car park for the past few seasons as its the closest we can get to the stadium as I have been told there are no disabled parking facilities?

You need to contact the club but there is a waiting list for disabled spaces as far as I am aware. We applied for a space for my late wife but didn't get one before she passed away. There are a very limited number actual disabled spaces with the extra space allowances but I believe they are very much at a premium.

53 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You need to contact the club but there is a waiting list for disabled spaces as far as I am aware. We applied for a space for my late wife but didn't get one before she passed away. There are a very limited number actual disabled spaces with the extra space allowances but I believe they are very much at a premium.

I thought it would be along those lines.

I contacted Rangers a couple of years ago and ended up meeting Gordon Smith to discuss is and they had ideas on creating a drop off zone etc near the broomloan stand but nothing every came of it.

Will let you know how I get on

Was on the list for 4yrs myself but thankfully my health has improved sufficiently that I have taken myself off the list. Would hate to be taking a space needed more by another.  I currently use one of the car parks on the broomloan Rd.  

Parking for the disabled at Ibrox is nothing short of a bloody disgrace. I have bad mobility problems park at the Albion (except for the last game at Ibrox last season "glory hunters" another story) trying to push a wheelchair from the Albion to Ibrox is a disgrace dropped kerbs are poor. RFC have put their head in the sand over this issue they could be taken to court under the DDA due to unsafe or lack of access ability. If anybody knows of a good disability car park at Ibrox have Blue Badge willing to pay. my health has deteriated over the last few years hence the concern.

49 minutes ago, ps95v7 said:

Parking for the disabled at Ibrox is nothing short of a bloody disgrace. I have bad mobility problems park at the Albion (except for the last game at Ibrox last season "glory hunters" another story) trying to push a wheelchair from the Albion to Ibrox is a disgrace dropped kerbs are poor. RFC have put their head in the sand over this issue they could be taken to court under the DDA due to unsafe or lack of access ability. If anybody knows of a good disability car park at Ibrox have Blue Badge willing to pay. my health has deteriated over the last few years hence the concern.

What stand are you in bro,there is wheel chair access in the west enclosure

I agree the % of disabled space is well below what it should be for the capacity

1 hour ago, ps95v7 said:

East Enclosure, I am ok when in there but it's getting from A to B it is poor cheers mate

Can you get access to a Wee mobility scooter,go-go or something small to go in ur car

I use a scooter sometimes,it goes on the supporters bus,and I ride to Copland whereupon

I chain it to the fence in the car park,or leave it in the Mafeking car park,you will always find a 

Wee corner to leave it.