Rangers starting to hang their fans out to dry

K.A.I

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Nope I wasn't there and all I have to go on is the videos/reports and first hand accounts of those that were...mostly from this forum and not the MSM.  

I don't know who the banning orders were issued to, but we've all seen pictures of boots, kicks and corner flags being brandished that would make it very very difficult for the the club to defend the actions of these few as "protecting our players/staff".  I have no doubt there were fans on the pitch that were concerned for our players/staff but it would be naive to think that there weren't some who took up the invitation to come down for the fighting.

Maybe the tone of the post has come across wrongly (writing rather than talking can do that!) but I'm not actually blaming our fans at all.  Since the OP was about the boards reaction and issuing bans, my point is that the board was/is in an impossible position regarding the actions of a few given what's been seen and will find it almost impossible to defend.

The board could have left it, just like the SFA are doing with hivs, when will we see that club being punished?

8 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Know a few that has had theirs but if they get proven o be not guilt at couture they should get the email overturned.

All of the fans including myself are grateful of what that minority done to protect our own but if you take the law into your own hands you must expect to be reprimanded.

The club can't condone law breaking from the fans no matter the consequence. 

If a rangers fan ran in and chopped a guys head off in self defence he would be jailed.

Keep the heads up lads, we're all proud of you.

The point of Self Defence is that if it is accepted you acted in Self Defence you are acquitted. This also applies to the defence of another.

Would be pushing it to have decapitation accepted though.

Terrible after they were at the games and seen exactly what happened at the end and issuing the statements backing the fans then they go and issue banning orders, banning fans who have followed the team everywhere all their life and especially the last 4 years where without their support who knows what would've happened 

Poor, should have left it to the courts. Unfortunately it will make no difference to the courts that these fans were trying to protect players or disabled fans. As far as the courts are concerned they entered the pitch, and were unlucky enough to have been identified by the Police.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The board could have left it, just like the SFA are doing with hivs, when will we see that club being punished?

Yup, I can accept that.

Like I said, I don't know if those that have banning orders have been charged or not, but if there are those that have acted outside the law and have just gone on for a scrap then it does put the club in a no-win position.  But yes accepted, the club could have awaited the outcome of charges first.

I also agree that I'm astonished that Hibs, as a club, are still not subject to charges (although a lot of fans have been banned), and I've brought that up myself plenty times.  Perhaps that'll happen after the "independent investigations..." but I won't hold my breath.

Not sure what else the club can do! Despite the wrongs of what the hibs fans did, in this country we don't allow folks to take the law into your own hands. if we want hibs / SFA to do the right thing ( patience ... :pipe: )then the club  also need to be doing the right thing - which is to not condone any actions by our fans that bring or potentially bring the club into disrepute, despite any provocation. Sad but that's the way it is. 

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Yup, I can accept that.

Like I said, I don't know if those that have banning orders have been charged or not, but if there are those that have acted outside the law and have just gone on for a scrap then it does put the club in a no-win position.  But yes accepted, the club could have awaited the outcome of charges first.

I also agree that I'm astonished that Hibs, as a club, are still not subject to charges (although a lot of fans have been banned), and I've brought that up myself plenty times.  Perhaps that'll happen after the "independent investigations..." but I won't hold my breath.

I think the 'independent investigators' had a timeline of end of July for their report - don't know if that has been extended tho'

What exactly was the board expected to do here?

Wether fans were on the park to defend other fans or just for a scrap, they broke the law by being there and I'm pretty sure thats how the courts will view it there will be no differentiation between the two so banning orders were inevitable.

And although this isn't good to say this action shows the club as being pro-active in this whole sorry mess unlike the SFA and Hibs.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Didn't you say that talk of bannings was just paranoid pish?

I think anyone who slated KAI and told him he was talking shite, now owes him an appolgy.

Nope never ever said that so no apology needed! 

Im sure someone will go check for you :pipe: 

2 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Over to you club1872 lets see if you have any balls or are just yes men?

I was just coming back to make this point exactly. Club1872 should be standing up for the fans here and helping those banned appeal them or helping them not happen in the first place but sweep sweep will be the order of the day here I think.

Unbelievable, I thought you were innocent until proved guilty? Not with the Rangers board I see, a another  thing that disturbs me is our players said absolutely f all regarding the incidents ,they should have been out minutes after the whistle saying it was a disgrace and they feared for their lives,and our supporters etc, dignified silence my arse,do you think the hibs players would have done that they would be bleating to every news outlet they could find.

Just now, jimgers said:

I'm nearly sixty and not the very mobile due to an accident in my youth, but if i could have got on that pitch i would have retaliated against those scum junkie Hivs. They were attacking our players, threatening our disabled brethren, goading the Bears in the stands.  In any criminal court case mitigation is a considering factor when a Judge is passing sentence. Did the club take into consideration, the threatening, the attacks and the goading the Bears suffered as mitigation?

If the didn't consider mitigation, then an appeal against the banning's is within the Bears rights surely?

Cause and effect mate,spot on.

49 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Poor from the board. I know someone who was in the disabled section follows rangers everywhere and has done for years, He says that police/stewards genuinely did nothing and have seen others commenting that they feared for their safety as their only exit had police horses charging up it. Fans had to a degree protect them.  Pretty poor from the club should really have stood up to this. I am not against any members of the current board but very disappointing however not surprised in the slightest.

I remember reading about the guy who looks after disabled rangers fans and he says he was disgusted by the police and stewards and he felt for his and disabled rangers fans safety and was greatfull for the bears on the park to back hibs off.

Any bear that pleads not guilty and gets took to court people like him has to be there 1st witness.

Rozzers could come out of this looking worse than they already do.