Rangers starting to hang their fans out to dry

K.A.I

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I checked myself as the thread was hidden and no non staff can see it.

You quoted KAI making this post  ( he had been asked by someone else what was wrong with Robertsons statement)

and you quoted it by saying........

:lol:You wonder why you get called paranoid and agenda driven! :lol:  :lol:

Boom headshot.R.I.P blue hand wringer 

Unfortunately the law does not always work on common sense and fair play. 

I prefer to apply common sense. which hopefully is the uppermost thought in the judgement, and something which any lawyer worth his salt should be able to justify and defend, but unfortunately perceptiveness, personality, precedent, prejudice and  percipience may well steer the final decisions away from that basic common sense.

Seems to me there are three issues here, which apply to both Hibs fans an Gers fans, indeed anyone who entered the pitch, but which in my opinion should be applied equally to all who went on the pitch, and dealt with fairly and consistently.

1) Was it illegal to run on to the football pitch ?

2) Was there any criminal intent when running on to the pitch?

3) If there was criminal intent was it actioned ? 

I'll hold my thoughts and experiences on these for now, otherwise it'll be a long post. 

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I prefer to apply common sense. which hopefully is the uppermost thought in the judgement, and something which any lawyer worth his salt should be able to justify and defend, but unfortunately perceptiveness, personality, precedent, prejudice and  percipience may well steer the final decisions away from that basic common sense.

Seems to me there are three issues here, which apply to both Hibs fans an Gers fans, indeed anyone who entered the pitch, but which in my opinion should be applied equally to all who went on the pitch, and dealt with fairly and consistently.

I'll hold my thoughts and experiences on these for now, otherwise it'll be a long post. 

im sure the appropriate authorities will punish as per the law but I'm confused as to why the club acted before the authorities 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The law allows you to act proportionally in self defence. If you are under the threat of attack you are allowed to confront that attack.

Secondly, there's the safety aspect. With Hivs fans rushing at the Rangers end, it is reasonable to suppose that there might be crushing at the exits. It was therefore reasonable to leave the stand via the field of play.

Will repeat the scenario that the Rangers fans saw,well the ones who responded to "the goading mix of celtic and hibs fans?" That what unfolded before them was utter carnage with thousands of them rampaging up the pitch and assaulting Rangers Players on there way. The whole pitch was wide open to the scene unfolding before these brave fans who were witnessing thousands of football hooligans starting to climb over the hoardings and all the disabled fans and lots of women and young children being at the front with not one so called security person making a move to help them and the police hiding wherever they were hiding were powerless to stop the amount of fans hell bent on causing as much bother as they could get away with. Still dread to think what might have happened if the Rangers fans had not came out the terracing to chase these cunts away. This is totally fuckin disgusting behaviour by the cunts who decided to send out these notices,fuckin disgusting.   

For me it depends on who the bans are handed out to. Those in the main group who shepherded the hivs fans back to their end should not be touched. But I did witness a couple of our fans do stuff that was out of order. For example a guy on front of me ran on attacked a hivs fan from behind,  booted him twice in the head and then ran back to our end.

There is no way the club can let stuff like that go. As I say incidents like that were a tiny minority from our fans and the main body of our fans on the pitch should not touched.

14 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

im sure the appropriate authorities will punish as per the law but I'm confused as to why the club acted before the authorities 

I would like to think it was because they'd studied the facts and came to a commonsense conclusion, but unfortunately I think it's just an exercise in protecting themselves based on self interest, whilst  (being frightened of and) allowing for the injustices we have faced in the last few decades from the football authorities coming in to hit us again. :power_of_anguish:

4 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

For me it depends on who the bans are handed out to. Those in the main group who shepherded the hivs fans back to their end should not be touched. But I did witness a couple of our fans do stuff that was out of order. For example a guy on front of me ran on attacked a hivs fan from behind,  booted him twice in the head and then ran back to our end.

There is no way the club can let stuff like that go. As I say incidents like that were a tiny minority from our fans and the main body of our fans on the pitch should not touched.

That's true. I wasn't there so I didn't see all of what went on. Whilst I have sympathy for the majority of Bears there, some Hibs fans goading and attacking Rangers players doesn't give you carte blanche to do absolutely anything you want. There's still a line and proportionality and some things could be unjustifiable. The club should explain why they've banned those they have, without naming names or anything obv, so that we can all decide for ourselves if there's good reason for the bans.

That said, I still don't see the point in the idea of club bans in general. No doubt some politics involved as well.

15 minutes ago, WishartsAshes said:

The law allows you to act proportionally (and legally) in self defence. If you are under the threat of attack you are allowed to confront that attack.

Secondly, there's the safety aspect. With Hivs fans rushing at the Rangers end, it is reasonable to suppose that there might be crushing at the exits. It was therefore reasonable to leave the stand via the field of play.

I added my own bold letters in there to clarify exactly what you are saying, that's where I was going in my previous post about criminal intent. 

The law has to prove you acted illegally or with criminal intention.

Spot on, the problem is they probably won't let us know leading to this kind of thread. I would hope they've seen video evidence and known there is no other option than handing out a ban. Guess we'll know by the final number of folk banned it shouldn't be many if it is for these kind of incidents rather than the majority who were merely defending themselves and their fellow fans.

14 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

I just can't think any other way than if the Hivs fan hadn't been on the field there would have been no-one to kick in the head. If you play on the road you can't complain when you're hit by a car.

4 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I just can't think any other way than if the Hivs fan hadn't been on the field there would have been no-one to kick in the head. If you play on the road you can't complain when you're hit by a car.

Ran all the way in to our box and slid on his knees, hope it hurt the wee fanny.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What do I expect from the club? ... how about for them to stand firm on their fantastic statement that united the supporters more than anything else I've ever seen. They said (to paraphrase) the Rangers fans were under extreme provocation and they won't blame them etc.

Then that wee specky handwringing prick Robertson pipes up, vowing to ban people (people on here start having a go at me saying lay off him he doesn't mean it it's for show, come back to me when he does it etc) and before you know it we've went from a position of strength to being victimised off our own club - who's players, staff and fans were attacked by rampaging Hibs fans.

In previous decades too, any arrest they arranged a meeting for you inside Ibrox to put your case. Not this time. Straight lifetime ban.

Could even have a meeting and say cards on the table, I feel like we have to do this it's nothing too personal etc. But no.

Bridge building, handwringing, gutless, spinless whore's at our club.

First chance for 1872 to pull the club up for its actions. 

Not holding my breath on that one mind you. 

39 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I checked myself as the thread was hidden and no non staff can see it.

You quoted KAI making this post  ( he had been asked by someone else what was wrong with Robertsons statement)

and you quoted it by saying........

Thank you mate. Good find.

Would imagine i will be in the minority especially on here but our fans who ran onto  the pitch were not defending the club or the Rangers support......there was an element of our support who were looking for trouble.

The Hibs fans were of course out of order coming over and goading our support but for us to then jump on the pitch yet again shows the bad element that exists within our support.......anyone who was on that pitch and threw a punch or kick or whatever should be banned.