Rangers starting to hang their fans out to dry

K.A.I

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

But at least I'm civil about it! Seems it's ok to abuse and bully on here but not ok to hold a perceived minority opinion! 

Just ignore it, generally people who resort to name calling get there due to a lack of a reasonable counter-argument. 

Definitely should have waited till after the criminal cases before issuing bans but you have to assume some kind of investigation has taken place before action was taken. 

1 minute ago, Stocksy said:

If he was on the pitch swinging punches then yes, he should be banned. Only if proven of course, otherwise he should lodge an appeal and deserves an apology. 

You want these people painted as heroes and hailed as some kind of freedom fighters? Personally i think it gives off a bad image, if we never went on the pitch then hibs would have been fully at fault and our fans would have been lauded for their impeccable behavior. Don't give them an excuse if you're feeling so persecuted.  

Who mentioned swinging punches?  If a fan was caught, charged and found  guilty then the club are within their rights to enforce additional punitive punishment, until and unless the case has been proven they are jumping the gun.  The latter is ethically and morally wrong.   

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

except they did ..

and fuck me what a second post.

and how do you know they wanted a fight? especially anyone that's pled not guilty but still had their season ticket removed. People like you seriously get on my tits.

My opinion is as valid as yours  second post or 2600 post do you want the club to back up hooliganism we would be a laughing stock is this the way you want the club to progress

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Who mentioned swinging punches?  If a fan was caught, charged and found  guilty then the club are within their rights to enforce additional punitive punishment, until and unless the case has been proven they are jumping the gun.  The latter is ethically and morally wrong.   

I covered myself with IF.

Agreed, should have waited until after the criminal proceedings. Never said anything different.

How the hell can simply being on the pitch be defined as disorderly conduct worthy of a lifetime ban ? At least our fans were trying to defend our own players and staff from being assaulted, them being compelled to act in the complete absence of any effective stewarding/policing.

A lifetime ban from Ibrox, jeezo, it's an outrageous punishment, miles worse than anything the judicial system could ever come up with. Wtf are they thinking ?

32 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Not one fan that entered the pitch, deserves a banning order. Never mind a criminal conviction.

If your mates where getting skelped in a pub, would you watch on and let it happen? If you would your a fuckin shitebag of a man. 

Nonsense, you cant start a riot just because "they antagonised us". You advocate the entire Rangers end charging the pitch and turning it into a bloodbath for the whole world to see, with children and families caught up in a full scale pitch battle.

Too many people stuck in the 80's. I'd love a good fight at the football as well but you just can't do it in the modern age without expecting a ban. Those who think differently must be deluded.

A side note - I wonder if the Rangers security member in the suit who clearly aims a kick at a Hibs fan on the pitch is out of a job and banned from Rangers games, too. Or is it just the pure pesants of supporters that pay their wages that's up for it?

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

That is not Self Defence. Don't be so stupid.

I was being deliberately stupid but it turns out Stevie G did just that but replace shouted at with refused to play my choice of CD.  And replace kick with punch.

The World we live in.

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Your one post still means very little on this subject .I never trust anyone who starts with  argumentitive shite before he even is in the door 

Fair doo's 

9 minutes ago, Stocksy said:

If he was on the pitch swinging punches then yes, he should be banned. Only if proven of course, otherwise he should lodge an appeal and deserves an apology. 

You want these people painted as heroes and hailed as some kind of freedom fighters? Personally i think it gives off a bad image, if we never went on the pitch then hibs would have been fully at fault and our fans would have been lauded for their impeccable behavior. Don't give them an excuse if you're feeling so persecuted.  

They'll be a fair few guys that are now being criminalised before even been found guilty and by our OWN club. That's just not correct. Morally or legally I'd imagine. 

I don't know the full story from the day in its every detail. I wasn't there and have just seen snaps and a few videos.

At what point would you have done the same? When the hoards are assaulting the players? When the fear of others being attacked becomes very real? Once our players got attacked I think our fans did the right thing. I wouldn't feel comfortable personally watching my players being attacked on the pitch, no fucking chance.

If the club wants to strip them of their season books then a full refund should be issued in my eyes. 

If these boys are found guilty then the support would understand the boards stance. They would have zero option. 

As said by a previous poster, this wouldn't be the 1st time we've been presumed guilty before a verdict has been reached.

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Place has become infested all of a sudden.

With what, people who have a range of opinions? Vive la difference.  

There's a range of views on this, not just yours, and some may be even closer to reality than yours.  Fact is we're all second guessing what's gone on behind the scenes and none of us really know why banning orders have been served on certain individuals.  And I've not seen one view that's worthy of some of the abuse flying about on here amongst fellow bears; and referring to our board as "scummy bastards" is, to use an expression you frequently use to describe those not in agreement with your view, taigy.  

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

With what, people who have a range of opinions? Vive la difference.  

There's a range of views on this, not just yours, and some may be even closer to reality than yours.  Fact is we're all second guessing what's gone on behind the scenes and none of us really know why banning orders have been served on certain individuals.  And I've not seen one view that's worthy of some of the abuse flying about on here amongst fellow bears; and referring to our board as "scummy bastards" is, to use an expression you frequently use to describe those not in agreement with your view, taigy.  

No not because a difference of opinion actually, guys with low post costs who you've never seen before popping up to say stuff which backs bans, arrests and totally missed the other points raised about season books being taken off people before they are found guilty and bullshit statements from the club. That's what's infuriating not differences of opinion for fuck sake. Think about it for a minute

33 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

If these guys have stumped up season ticket money and are getting nothing back then it would be good to see trfff giving them something 

the fighting fund bahahahahahaha, we're spunking that one a brand new stand for the training facility didnt you know

25 minutes ago, Stocksy said:

Nonsense, you cant start a riot just because "they antagonised us". You advocate the entire Rangers end charging the pitch and turning it into a bloodbath for the whole world to see, with children and families caught up in a full scale pitch battle.

Too many people stuck in the 80's. I'd love a good fight at the football as well but you just can't do it in the modern age without expecting a ban. Those who think differently must be deluded.

not one fan started a riot from the rangers fanbase, with a comment like that your leanings are in question on here

Hibs fans get the blame of this nothing more or less, our club should be standing shoulder to shoulder with these fans in defiance of whatever shite the SFA and police scotland wish to throw our way, instead they spineless bastards in our boardroom will likely ban more of our fans than the hibs board will do of theirs

disgusting way to treat a supporter thats just dumped a good part of 400 quid into the club perhaps, but again its sleekit dave in charge

1 hour ago, ricksen_da_best said:
2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No not because a difference of opinion actually, guys with low post costs who you've never seen before popping up to say stuff which backs bans, arrests and totally missed the other points raised about season books being taken off people before they are found guilty and bullshit statements from the club. That's what's infuriating not differences of opinion for fuck sake. Think about it for a minute

The validity of an opinion clearly shouldn't be judged by post count. I didn't miss those points, just agreed that the punishment should have awaited the criminal proceedings so chose not to argue those points. If you are trying to make a reasonable and justifiable statement you should probably cool down and try to be more objective before posting. People who bullshit this and that, fuck this and that and have an aggressive tone generally have a very biased and stubborn pov so please excuse me if i choose to ignore any further goading.  

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

not one fan started a riot from the rangers fanbase, with a comment like that your leanings are in question on here

Hibs fans get the blame of this nothing more or less, our club should be standing shoulder to shoulder with these fans in defiance of whatever shite the SFA and police scotland wish to throw our way, instead they spineless bastards in our boardroom will likely ban more of our fans than the hibs board will do of theirs

disgusting way to treat a supporter thats just dumped a good part of 400 quid into the club perhaps, but again its sleekit dave in charge

My leanings, god people are so fickle. I can assure you i'm a bear, read through my posts over the last however many years if you really care enough.

If the entire stand had taken the law into their own hands to protect the players it would have been a riot. Even a few running on escalates the situation and is inciting further violence.

I never said anyone started a riot. At the end of the day fans shouldn't be on the pitch. Tired of the excuses. The right thing to do would be leave the stadium and let Hibs deal with the repercussions. The fact so many Rangers fans did just that shows that people can have restraint. Those who entered the pitch from our end are in the wrong, sure they had their reasons but a lack of control was clearly one of them.

I'd love to bash a hibs neds head as much as the next man but i'll say it again, this isn't the 80's.

1 minute ago, Bertent said:

Nothing smarts quite like a strongly worded post of appeasement to the face. 

Felt i needed to confirm i wasn't a soap dodger. Leaving this thread now to watch the game, should all do the same, Barton just left Nade in a heap :D

I don't know what people expect on here. If you run onto a football pitch at a cup final and then start fighting, you're going to be on camera.

I was at the game and I didn't feel the need to run onto the pitch like 95% or more of the Rangers support. If I did then I'd likely suspect I'd be at risk of some sort of action.

22 minutes ago, Stocksy said:

Felt i needed to confirm i wasn't a soap dodger. Leaving this thread now to watch the game, should all do the same, Barton just left Nade in a heap :D

So editting, please stop liking my posts ya cunt.