We've still to add more quality to this squad

Gaz52

It's absolutely mind blowing the transformation we've went through in 13-14 months under the new regime. Look at the quality out there and that's without the likes of Crooks, Holt, Windass even being in the squad.

We're still looking to bring another forward and a centre-half in and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be more quality additions 

Fair enough we're playing against lower league opposition but the winning mentality, the technical ability on display is brilliant to watch.

Another point to remember is they are not anywhere near fully match fit yet either

I'm chomping at the bit for this season, Ibrox packed every other week, Rangers back dominating,  

Every game in the first half of the season is going to be electric this season, the fans want to smash everyone 5-0 after the last 4 years. Last time we were in the top flight I couldn't give much of a shit about a home game against Hamilton Dundee or Killie.  I'd just expect a win, now every game means something. It's genuinely the most excited I've been about a new season since Advocaat. 

My first game this season. Haven't even seen us on the telly yet, and I have to say, I'm delighted.

Something different up front might be needed (although going with what we have would be no disaster), and definitely a centre half, and we're cooking on gas.

I think what's most encouraging is that we are clearly not near top gear thus far in any of these games.

What's most concerning is that we still, rather than cut a team apart with a killer ball quickly, tap it around 30 yards from goal and allow the opposition to defend with 10; then when we make the chances, too many guilt edged ones are not taken. Against the top teams week in week out this could become a real problem, particularly as you'll have teams like Aberdeen that will play the best game of their lives against us then the following week lose 3-0 to St Johnstone.

We need a better CB than Wilson/Kiernan and he should have pace and be able to command better than them too as we can't be too reliant on Hill playing brilliant in every dept. for a whole season. We all know that, though. 

In terms of a forward I think with the players we have, the increase in possession/service that should see, we don't need an obvious 30 goals man but I do feel that with the crossing ability we have a 6 foot 3" CF/target man that scores frequently with his head and who muscles space when given the ball, will give us a hugely important alternative to things up front; no matter how good you are Plan A doesn't always work and when it fails someone to head home a cross/set-piece could be all the difference.

We'll have to see what the manager goes for and what actually happens but we're pretty much a good CB away from a challenge at least (assuming they don't go out and sign internationals to ensure victory).

In the meantime amuse yourselves with the Aberdeen fans predictions for the season ->  http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38163963

18 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I think what's most encouraging is that we are clearly not near top gear thus far in any of these games.

What's most concerning is that we still, rather than cut a team apart with a killer ball quickly, tap it around 30 yards from goal and allow the opposition to defend with 10; then when we make the chances, too many guilt edged ones are not taken. Against the top teams week in week out this could become a real problem, particularly as you'll have teams like Aberdeen that will play the best game of their lives against us then the following week lose 3-0 to St Johnstone.

We need a better CB than Wilson/Kiernan and he should have pace and be able to command better than them too as we can't be too reliant on Hill playing brilliant in every dept. for a whole season. We all know that, though. 

In terms of a forward I think with the players we have, the increase in possession/service that should see, we don't need an obvious 30 goals man but I do feel that with the crossing ability we have a 6 foot 3" CF/target man that scores frequently with his head and who muscles space when given the ball, will give us a hugely important alternative to things up front; no matter how good you are Plan A doesn't always work and when it fails someone to head home a cross/set-piece could be all the difference.

We'll have to see what the manager goes for and what actually happens but we're pretty much a good CB away from a challenge at least (assuming they don't go out and sign internationals to ensure victory).

In the meantime amuse yourselves with the Aberdeen fans predictions for the season ->  http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38163963

Was looking at that earlier. They really are the shitest of shite cunts, so much bitterness. Have they forgotten how many times their own team shat it last season..every opportunity to pull away from Septic..bottled. I truly hope we give them an absolute doing!! 

This rangers team will do the treble! Scumtic can sign who they like but it wont make one bit of difference, we're marching back to the top of this pile a shite. When we get there they should make a film about it, a true story of how they tried and failed to kill the greatest football institution on earth. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

My first game this season. Haven't even seen us on the telly yet, and I have to say, I'm delighted.

Something different up front might be needed (although going with what we have would be no disaster), and definitely a centre half, and we're cooking on gas.

Think something different up front is a must.

We're missing so many chances, it's almost embarrassing, especially given the cannon fodder of the last 3 matches.

Teams who can defend a bit better & then snatch the odd chance are going to give us a headache if we're not careful.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

We're missing so many chances, it's almost embarrassing, especially given the cannon fodder of the last 3 matches.

Teams who can defend a bit better & then snatch the odd chance are going to give us a headache if we're not careful.

Yeah, you're probably right, my man. I just have a feeling about young Dodoo. Like he might turn into the kind of forward we're looking for. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

It's a shame we don't have Black anymore. Really think he was a great player just lacking that extra bit of quality around him for it to show.

Would have been a fantastic addition to this midfield 

post-28035-robert-deniro-you-are-good-my

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Think some players, Forrester in particular, are trying a bit too hard to impress rather than simply do the job. Think that will soon settle down. Trying too hard, who would have thought that 2 or 3 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, you're probably right, my man. I just have a feeling about young Dodoo. Like he might turn into the kind of forward we're looking for. 

Hope so.

Lots of positives to build on, but we really must make sure that's what we do.

Folk will say 'wait til we gel', but they said that last year. 

We were never really better than in the first 2 months of the season, apart from Xmas v Hivs & the scum game.

I wouldn't like to see us turn into a sort of 'blue Arsenal'.