Rossiter.....

gogzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never put a foot wrong, some meaty tackles as well. Didn't sit as deep as Barton or come as short but in a lot of ways his introduction seemed to push the whole team a few yards forward as he could press quicker and higher.

High hopes.

He did well when he come on. I didn't want the game to end to see some more of him and the team tbh. I can't wait for Burnley, a higher quality opposition. See how the team gets along. 

Tbf any one of our midfield goes through Broon in September, leaving the cunt in a heap then chasing shadows for the rest of the game. Will be an instant hero. 

2 hours ago, The Rangers FC said:

I mind we played Liverpool in a pre season friendly and a steaming guy in the main stand sung "Paolo Di Canio, where's my car stereo" over and over and over :lol:

Was just talking about this a few days ago!

4 hours ago, The Rangers FC said:

I really can't see him and Barton both playing together often, two CDMs wouldn't work in our system.

However, I can see Rossiter learning and developing under Barton like an apprentice would. For instance, a young Danny Wilson and SDoW.

Two CDMs is perfect. 6 players attack and 4 defend. Last season we only had 3 back, we need the 4.

7 hours ago, Stocksy said:

Never put a foot wrong, some meaty tackles as well. Didn't sit as deep as Barton or come as short but in a lot of ways his introduction seemed to push the whole team a few yards forward as he could press quicker and higher.

High hopes.

This..

He got forward far more than I expected. MW says we defend from the front, with Rossiter this is literally true. He pressed Straenrar players far further up the park than Barton seemed to.

Can defo see a young Gerrard in therw.  Gerrard got better gping forward as he gained more experience, knowing when to drive on and when to hold .. he will be a start for us i reckon . Only gping to get better and with the likes of Barton snd niko  talking to him,making him think more about his game is is just going to steam forward and be the driving g force in the middle of the park in two years. 

1 hour ago, deco19761 said:

Can defo see a young Gerrard in therw.  Gerrard got better gping forward as he gained more experience, knowing when to drive on and when to hold .. he will be a start for us i reckon . Only gping to get better and with the likes of Barton snd niko  talking to him,making him think more about his game is is just going to steam forward and be the driving g force in the middle of the park in two years. 

The J Force 

It seems amazing that Warburton doesn't just sign players with a lazy-journalist, one-dimensional talent but seems to find players who can do more than one thing. Who would of thunk it? When did these players become a thing in Scottish football?

Defenders who can attack and attackers who can harrass and tackle the opposition? It'll never catch on. Watching Rossiter, Barton and Krancjar last night was like watching another mini-revolution in Scottish football. Two DMs with great vision and passing and an AM who can look after himself. This could end up as entertainment again.

I think Barton will still play over him if it's a straight choice it may not be and we accommodate both  Bartons not sharp yet but his positioning and link up play was spot on last night.

A good problem to have.