From what I've seen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheKingObv said:

I'd agree with that 

In an idea world I'd have a new striker replace Waghorn and a new centre back.

We have a really good squad just now but if we add 2 more in those positions we will be in great shape.

We must be a nightmare to play against with the rotation and movement we have.

Huvnae seen Crooks and Windass yet, so couldnae say. Suspect you're not far off the mark though.

But it'll probably be horses for courses. We seem to have alot of players that are of a similar level, so i think lots of people will get lots of game time.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Huvnae seen Crooks and Windass yet, so couldnae say. Suspect you're not far off the mark though.

But it'll probably be horses for courses. We seem to have alot of players that are of a similar level, so i think lots of people will get lots of game time.

That's what I'm saying though mate, "from what I've seen"and that includes Rossiter while playing for England. We actually seem to offer him a lot more freedom and our rotation on the park is brilliant.

3 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Wouldn't go into the season with that defence. Slot Hill in there and get another quality centreback in, plus a striker then we are good to go!

I agree with what you say mate in terms of additions but again that's why I'm saying "from what I've seen".

Hill I haven't seen enough of yet and tonight I thought we were far better organised and actually looked like we were communicating.

We are far stronger this year and if we add 2 more you're right we are in business.

Same as OP but Hill for Kiernan. Ideally we will sign another centre half but I genuinely think Danny Wilson is going to be a completely different player for us this season in a good way. Hasn't done much wrong so far in the few early season games but he's noticably more comfortable on the ball than Rob Kiernan.

My concern would be if Barton and Kranjcar can compliment each other or is it going to be difficult to play them together, and hence keep them both happy. The quality they both ooze means that MW needs to find a way to make it work.

33 minutes ago, Brubear said:

My concern would be if Barton and Kranjcar can compliment each other or is it going to be difficult to play them together, and hence keep them both happy. The quality they both ooze means that MW needs to find a way to make it work.

You could see they work well together tonight, Barton sitting a little deeper and dictating play while kranjcar sits a little further forward looking for the ball to link up to the forwards.